• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

bGanci

Banned
iqJTxeBBckGcB.gif

No! lol

But it would be awesome!

Last weeks Bungie update confirmed it. But this hub bub about the digital unlocking later... I dunno'. I'm just going by what the man said.

I think I know which bit you mean, but I think they were talking about the Bungie servers being available the moment it's midnight anywhere.

Their servers aren't what's locking the preorders, though.

so it's bungie making the digital release pacific instead of eastern? bungie pls.

Not Bungie, Sony and MS are too lazy to release by time zone, so they are releasing the whole NA region at the same time. If they went by EST, then they would be breaking street date on the West Coast by three hours, so instead they're just releasing the whole region based on West Coast time. PST.

The PST release time is based on an MS FAQ and Sony's countdown on the PS4. Hypothetically, they could release early. Rumor has it that they have in the past.

neoism

http://www.xpgames.co/2014/03/20/destiny-promo-codes/

Here is the list of the Destiny promo codes available so far:

1. Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
2. Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3. Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
4. Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
5. Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
6. Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
7. Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
8. Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
9. Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
10. The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
11. The Hive Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
12. Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
13. The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
14. Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
15. The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
16. The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17. Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

soo im not sure if these are the same ones I did a looong time ago but I put in a bunch of codes on my xbox account does it matter. Or should I do it on my account once I'm linked to my PSN account?

Bungie made a twitter or forum post saying they don't run the ps store and to take it up with them.

Y'all could start a campaign lol

They'll probably never ever do it because it would be too easy for other time zones to cheat it and every West Coast retailer would flip their shit because of lost sales of the truly bonkers who would just buy it that instant on digital.

Deku Tree

soo im not sure if these are the same ones I did a looong time ago but I put in a bunch of codes on my xbox account does it matter. Or should I do it on my account once I'm linked to my PSN account?

Codes are redeemed on Bungie.net. I think you have to choose which account to apply the codes to after you redeem them.

robo

wont get to play mine until monday night late as travelling back home, may get a couple of hours in.

WORK SUCKS!!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They'll probably never ever do it because it would be too easy for other time zones to cheat it and every West Coast retailer would flip their shit because of lost sales of the truly bonkers who would just buy it that instant on digital.
That's true. "Brace yourselves for Destiny fans." *No one comes.* "Is this Japan?"

They are probably seperated. Best best is to go into the Bungie.net site and sign in under you PSN name and reedem each one or check your Reedem History to see if you did them.

robo

these codes are tied to your bungie account, so any account linked to your bungie one gets access to the codes.

Some codes not yet divulged are linked to your player account though, there was a post from one of the devs early in the thread about it.

Plan for Monday/Tuesday: Go to sleep at 9 pm EDT; wake up at 2:30 am EDT on Tuesday; play until I have to go to work at 8 am EDT. I just hope the servers will be okay.

Grewitch

I have Asthma.
It can come on for no good god dame reason so I think I better make a good use out of it for once.

Btw I'm no sure if to go shops to buy or to D/L.

I have never pre-purchased anything on the PS store. Does it have pre-download or would I have to wait for the clocks to hit midnight on the day of release?

Perfect time for it, amigo.

No, you can pre-download Destiny, that should be fine. It starts on Sunday, apparently.

As to which one to get, depends if you prefer physical copies. The convenience of download is not having to change disks. Just choose what you prefer, there's minimal loss either way.

robo

Don't worry about the UI - it sometimes doesn't display the linked accounts on that screen. What is actually happening is that the codes are being applied to your Bungie.net Profile. Once "Use Code" is confirmed, any XBL or PSN account linked to that Bungie.net Profile will unlock whatever that code is offering (well, it will when you start up the game). This is true even if you change what account you have linked later on.

In the future, we will likely have codes that do require you to pick one account to apply it to (kind of like the beta redemption), but none of the ones you have now do that. These codes apply to all accounts linked to your bungie.net profile.

for those unsure about he codes

I just told my gf to work a bunch tuesday and wednesday. Go out with the girls make plans without me or just get ready to see me on the couch.
Pretty much. It always seems to happen for me when a big game releases and I have plans to be lazy as fuck, something happens and I have to run around all day or go get this and go do that, it happened with TLOU and GTAV... not this time. Tuesday is beer, ganja and pizza in my underwear. Nothing will stop me.

Cuphead

Banned
Pretty much. It always seems to happen for me when a big game releases and I have plans to be lazy as fuck, something happens and I have to run around all day or go get this and go do that, it happened with TLOU and GTAV... not this time. Tuesday is beer, ganja and pizza in my underwear. Nothing will stop me.

Same here, endless ganj, whiskey, and pizza is my plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom