• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeless

Not Bungie, Sony and MS are too lazy to release by time zone, so they are releasing the whole NA region at the same time. If they went by EST, then they would be breaking street date on the West Coast by three hours, so instead they're just releasing the whole region based on West Coast time. PST.

I'm still not entirely sure who made the call for the PST time release. Sony has unlocked digital games at midnight EST in the past, they did so for the Last of Us, and EA has Dragon Age: Inquisition listed as also unlocking on midnight, EST, so I think it might be more of a publisher decision. I can't see Bungie wanting to delay a digital game for East Coasters, but I can easily see Activision itself not caring.

Vitanimus

My retailer has changed the Destiny page from "pre-order" to "in stock"
075ee6d1.gif
hopefully this means it'll dispatch tomorrow, and going by the unconvential size of the limited edition, they'll dispatch by courier that might mean a Sunday delivery...
075ee6d1.gif

RdN

It's fucked up that they are only now announcing the free upgrade.

If I knew about this, I'd certainly not have pre-ordered on the XBox One Store.

bombshell

Pretty much. It always seems to happen for me when a big game releases and I have plans to be lazy as fuck, something happens and I have to run around all day or go get this and go do that, it happened with TLOU and GTAV... not this time. Tuesday is beer, ganja and pizza in my underwear. Nothing will stop me.

Pizza in your underwear? Ewwwwwwwwwwww

ChuckNyce

Someone here said recently that this only applies to retail, and the digital copies go online at 3am EST, 12am PDT.

Yea, think I already said this but I'm on the fence between digital and physical. Should have a physical copy Saturday or Sunday but I wasn't sure when the servers would go live. Even if for some reason they don't go live until midnight EST, that's still better than 3AM on 9/9 if I went digital (though apparently there's theory that the servers will go up even sooner that that?). At any rate, I'm thinking I'm going to stick with my early physical copy and just spam the title screen until the servers open lol.

neoism

They are probably seperated. Best best is to go into the Bungie.net site and sign in under you PSN name and reedem each one or check your Reedem History to see if you did them.

yeah i did lol these codes are old Slightly Live gave'em out a while back lol I just didnt know at that time I wasn't getting a xboxone then alliswell.
lol MAN really sad about my 7 year account.. plus my beloved RUNE emblem :*( Cant wait for meh PS4 though. New account for the new hottness. :p

I'm still not entirely sure who made the call for the PST time release. Sony has unlocked digital games at midnight EST in the past, they did so for the Last of Us, and EA has Dragon Age: Inquisition listed as also unlocking on midnight, EST, so I think it might be more of a publisher decision. I can't see Bungie wanting to delay a digital game for East Coasters, but I can easily see Activision itself not caring.

I could see Activision telling them that 12am local time zone is the hard and fast street date, but I can't see how they could force Sony to release 3 hours later on the East Coast. I think the easiest way for Sony to keep it off the West Coast until 12am PST was to just wait and not release anywhere in the region until that time. Ultimately the ball lands in Sony's court.

Well, I don't have to work Wednesday, so Tuesday at work will be killer. But once I'm home, deliciousness will be had.

I'm jelly of all of you able to get Tuesday off.

iAmZD

Neo Member
lol MAN really sad about my 7 year account.. plus my beloved RUNE emblem :*( Cant wait for meh PS4 though. New account for the new hottness. :p

Why not keep the same Bnet account and just link your PSN to it?

You must like my avatar, I see it open in that tab over there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom