• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

They've modified it to make him sound more like a flying robot AI, but yeah that's his voice. I'll admit, his delivery sounds like he was less than inspired by the material. No one is going to look back on Dinklage's legacy as an actor and think of his voice acting for Destiny.

Beta dinklage > Alpha dinklage except for the missing moon line of course which is travesty

I think I figured out why it hasn't been sent out yet. I choose on accident my old debit card account. I just got an email saying they couldn't take the money out of my account because of that. WHOOPS!

lifa-cobex

I just can't remember a time a game felt like this much of an event. I mean there was watch dogs, but it's not quite the same. Destiny feels like it could be the next big thing. It was the first shared world game announced this gen (I'm gonna drink bungie's kool aid on that genre phrase because its quite evocative). Playing that beta and I know there was something to this game. Something you can't totally pin down, there's something about destiny that goes beyond its great mechanics it's got a bit of mysterious magic that all the best games have. I could be wrong and the magic doesn't set into a distinct rhythm eventually petering out l together. But Destiny could be the first Big IP to really stick this gen.

This rings true with me too.

Really looking forward to playing with friends and hopefully meeting some gaf members.
Not really been into MP shooters except KZ2.
However I think your post really nails it.

tfw preparing for shipment

2roh9QL.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just can't remember a time a game felt like this much of an event. I mean there was watch dogs, but it's not quite the same. Destiny feels like it could be the next big thing. It was the first shared world game announced this gen (I'm gonna drink bungie's kool aid on that genre phrase because its quite evocative). Playing that beta and I know there was something to this game. Something you can't totally pin down, there's something about destiny that goes beyond its great mechanics it's got a bit of mysterious magic that all the best games have. I could be wrong and the magic doesn't set into a distinct rhythm eventually petering out l together. But Destiny could be the first Big IP to really stick this gen.

I definitely feel the same. From the second I started playing the alpha I felt like I was really getting a glimpse into the type of games we'd be seeing this gen and never before has a game made me want to play with friends at all times like this.

Lasty95

So if you start playing and you already have friends online, will it prioritise their world to chuck you into or is it random?

How do get to play with people on your friends list?

Fitts

Speaking of voices, does anyone else really like the Crucible announcer? Some of my friends took issue with it, but I found it to be a refreshing change of pace compared to what I'm used to in FPS.

Also, #TeamWater

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Speaking of voices, does anyone else really like the Crucible announcer? Some of my friends took issue with it, but I found it to be a refreshing change of pace compared to what I'm used to in FPS.

Also, #TeamWater

I liked him a lot as well. I don't know why many people seem to dislike him. He sounds classy and not just some dude screaming at you like it is most of the time.

DesertFox

I was actually very surprised by the fact that I didn't like Titan too much when I tried it in the beta since I usually prefer tank like classes. The main thing about Warlock that tipped me in that direction is the faster shield regen. I can run in and out of cover pretty well with it.
Didn't realize this in my short time with the class - thanks!

darthbob

Also, #TeamWater

Lord Shaxx is pretty awesome.

Glad they toned down how vocal he was in the Alpha though, that guy just wouldn't shut up.

Kane1345

Also, #TeamWater

The crucible announcer REALLY grows on you after a while.

"....it's a massacre" LOVE IT

FAKE EDIT: Remembered it wrong lol

TyrantII

So, just to recap:

Buying the PS3 version for the PS4 upgrade means no PS4 pre-loading, right?

Pretty lame, especially since they should have made that apparent. Not that it effect me much, but I probably should have checked here first.

Why do they make this digital stuff some annoying and frustrating?

X-Frame

Each class has a small but noticeably natural ability. Titans have more shields, Warlocks have faster regen, and Hunters move faster.

I plan on leveling my Striker Titan to have a mixture of a lot of armor and speed, and my Defender Titan to have a lot of armor and recovery.

Sirim

Also, #TeamWater
I wouldn't say he's good, but I do prefer his more reserved voice over the CAPSLOCK announcers of all other FPS games.

I just saw that I have 66 gb to spare and 8 days to go in my billing cycle.

I'm going to download both the ps3 and ps4 version now( on 9/9) :-D
I'll be shuffling between both platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom