• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Not sure if I'm alone in this but they neednto sort the voice of the small robot thing that's always around us. It is weird.

O37DFUc.gif

9WJNB6R.gif

HvJVj.gif

My Destiny order has been held up at the national disribution centre (presumably because it's Sunday), so it looks like Tuesday for me... But I have a week off, so I have to fill tomorrow with something >.>

You know this is actually a good question for everyone on this thread, which game do you think will get you as hyped or more than you were for Destiny?

In my case, it's Persona 5, in Chamber's case it's Arkham Knight. What about the rest of you DGAF?

Honestly, I really don't know. I don't think I am more hyped for any other game. Hotline Miami 2 comes close because I loove the original. I am also quite excited for Alien Isolation. But man Destiny, idk. It's kinda hard not for me to be excited.

Let me take you back a bit to holiday 2001. I went to my friend's house and where as I got a gamecube he got a tank box. And then he put in Halo, man. There are a few times in my life that I have had sea change moments like that with games, Mario 64 and Gears of War being the other titans in that upper echelon. So to play halo for the first time was truly something special. Well, about a decade of halo and bungie hasn't released a new game in 4 years. How crazy is that? Basically it's been an entire OG Xbox lifespan since Bungie released a game. They've spent 5 years + working on this game, and the house that brought us halo is unleashing their first new universe in 10 years in less than 3 days. I'm trying not to oversell Destiny, but this really is a huge deal readless of reception. Hell if it tanks, that's just as interesting as if lightning strikes twice.

As you can tell, I'm in a writing state of mind right now. that's why my posts are becoming so ridiculously long.

X-Frame

Good advice.

During the Beta I would jump to orbit, enjoy the music, and stretch and drink water every few hours. That stuff really helps, and as a person who wears glasses it helps your eyes too.

I always have my 40oz water bottle with me, and I drink like a fish so it naturally forces me to get up often. May have to cut back though when I am in a party, and especially during the raids!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm excited to see how long it takes until you can simply play this game without server issues. A month? More?

Am I the only one not worried about this? I feel like Activision and Bungie have enough experience launching mega popular online shooters. I expect any server issues to be sorted pretty quickly.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yup. The dance alone is worth it.
I would be an Exo but since I play Warlock I can't mentally make it seem right that a robot would have legit magic and not just lasers. Humans are boring and their customizations options suck so I went Awoken and made one that looks great but he can't dance to save his life.

darthbob

Am I the only one not worried about this? I feel like Activision and Bungie have enough experience launching mega popular online shooters. I expect any server issues to be sorted pretty quickly.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I'm more worried about PSN than Bungie's servers.

I would be an Exo but since I play Warlock I can't mentally make it seem right that a robot would have legit magic and not just lasers. Humans are boring and their customizations options suck so I went Awoken and made one that looks great but he can't dance to save his life.
I know exaxtly what you mean. Ever since someone told me that an Exo Warlock is basically General Grevious from Star Wars I've wanted to change to an Awoken, but there's no way in hell I'm sacrificing that badass robot dance.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah. PSN is going to burn.

God help us all.

I'm glad I won't get home until about 9:30 that night. The PSN issues from the PS4 launch were mostly sorted by the time I get home so I hope that this will have stabilized a bit by then. I feel bad for anyone who took Tuesday off though, they probably should have at least gone for Wednesday.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I subscribe to the super science theory of magic so an Exo mage makes more sense in my head.

X-Frame

I'm glad I won't get home until about 9:30 that night. The PSN issues from the PS4 launch were mostly sorted by the time I get home so I hope that this will have stabilized a bit by then. I feel bad for anyone who took Tuesday off though, they probably should have at least gone for Wednesday.

Wednesday to Friday off for me.

DesertFox

After focusing on Titan and dabbling with Warlock in the beta, I was sure I'd go Warlock as primary. Now after seeing all these Titan gifs, I just don't know anymore!

Gahh!

Ambitious

Gunslinger wins out. There is an upgrade that lets you have two throwing knives. There is also a helmet that lets you have four golden gun rounds.

2 + 4 = Gunslinger is the only way to go.

That sounds nice.
I was mainly leaning towards the Bladedancer because I'm curious about the Blink/Teleport ability. Need to see it in action first.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
After focusing on Titan and dabbling with Warlock in the beta, I was sure I'd go Warlock as primary. Now after seeing all these Titan gifs, I just don't know anymore!

Gahh!

I was actually very surprised by the fact that I didn't like Titan too much when I tried it in the beta since I usually prefer tank like classes. The main thing about Warlock that tipped me in that direction is the faster shield regen. I can run in and out of cover pretty well with it.

Lee

The first GIF. Ahhahahahahha. So it's this guy.
Never watched game of thrones in me life. Is this how he usually speaks or is it just for thr game?

They've modified it to make him sound more like a flying robot AI, but yeah that's his voice. I'll admit, his delivery sounds like he was less than inspired by the material. No one is going to look back on Dinklage's legacy as an actor and think of his voice acting for Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom