• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombshell

3:1 for Titan. Any other opinions ? :)

Hunter bladedancer

bladedancer.gif

mcz117chief

What? Even ignoring the fact that Hunter Bladedancer has a SUPER melee ability, let's recap some of it's upgrades:

• Blink Strike - extended range melee
  • Backstab - Melee from behind does more damage
  • Escape artist - Melee makes you invisible
  • Quickdraw - Weapons ready immediately after melee
  • Hungering blade - Kills with arc blade or blink melee immediately regenerate health

I just don't see how this is up for debate...

I guess this settles it

Hunter bladedancer

bladedancer.gif

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you, good sir :)

You see, I am looking for a class that would best represent me. I practice Iaido where the primary focus is placed on lightning fast attacks with a sword, so I am looking for something similar in Destiny. Good thing we have the bladedancer :)

darthbob

What? Even ignoring the fact that Hunter Bladedancer has a SUPER melee ability, let's recap some of it's upgrades:

• Blink Strike - extended range melee
  • Backstab - Melee from behind does more damage
  • Escape artist - Melee makes you invisible
  • Quickdraw - Weapons ready immediately after melee
  • Hungering blade - Kills with arc blade or blink melee immediately regenerate health

I just don't see how this is up for debate...

I...uhh, didn't play Hunter much in the Beta. Not really my type of character, but you make a strong point for Hunter being a melee oriented class.

Sirim

Hunter bladedancer

bladedancer.gif
I am so unbelievably excited for extremely dark areas such as this, where all you see are the glowing lights of the Vex and eyes of the Hive/Fallen and whatnot.

Just imagine the constant flares of light as your fireteam unloads their rounds, and the enemy theirs.

Chaostar

Recycling some of my suggestions from the alpha thread...

Destiny |OT2| Something, something wizard. Something, something moonside

Destiny |OT2| If it floats we can kill it

Destiny |OT2| Dance space magic, dance. Jump space magic, jump

Destiny |OT2| Your Destiny is afoot, become leg-end

Lol, I can do better.

Cuphead

Banned
I'm curious about how many people from DGAF are grabbing MCC. I was going to hold off on that since I don't have very many Xbox friends but the idea of co-oping through Halo 1-4 sounds pretty cool.

Send me an XBL request if you want to!
I'll be all over the MCC
XBL - Space Cat V

Oscar

Going:

- Human Hunter
- Exo Titan
- Awoken Warlock

Still torn on Exo though, they look so boring. Might make the Titan a Human as well.

Bold One

Damn. I played all three classes during the alpha and beta, eventually settling on Hunter with Titan as a close second. I dont really have the time to be playing more than one class at first.

However this is really tempting.

I plan on rotating between all 3, keeps things fresh

I recommend it

Recycling some of my suggestions from the alpha thread...

Destiny |OT2| Something, something wizard. Something, something moonside

Destiny |OT2| If it floats we can kill it

Destiny |OT2| Dance space magic, dance. Jump space magic, jump

Destiny |OT2| Your Destiny is afoot, become leg-end

Lol, I can do better.

I'm sure there will be something that happens on launch day that will inspire something marvelous.

Sirim

Going:

- Human Hunter
- Exo Titan
- Awoken Warlock

Still torn on Exo though, they look so boring. Might make the Titan a Human as well.
Yep. Based on their lore, I would very much like to be Exo. But they're so dull-looking that I can't bring myself to do it. Something about their facial features also makes it difficult for me to relate to one, so I'd have a hard time being one and role-playing it in the world.

DSN2K

I do wonder if they are going to mix up the beginning of the game abit, considering we have all played it 1000 times already.

Bold One

Cømet;128864645 said:
I hope Destiny gets some good quality books for expanding the universe, like Halo did. Wasn't interested in those, but am with this.

This is my fear, especially with Bungle, I don't want to do homework to find out about the more interesting parts of the lore, this is what ultimately put me off Halo.

If you have a fascinating mythos,, use it in the game, implement it into the elements of the story and plot, don't use it to try and sell novels

Ambitious

Damn, I just learned that Bladedancers don't have the Throwing Knife ability, which I loved in the Beta. Now I'm unsure whether to switch from Gunslinger or not.

Sirim

I do wonder if they are going to mix up the beginning of the game abit, considering we have all played it 1000 times already.
I hope so. The beginning of Destiny didn't really feel like a true introduction to a Universe to me. It all happened so fast, so it felt more like a demo version. Really looking forward to if this game has more going on at the beginning than what we've been shown.

Stoze

I'm curious about how many people from DGAF are grabbing MCC. I was going to hold off on that since I don't have very many Xbox friends but the idea of co-oping through Halo 1-4 sounds pretty cool.

If I had an Xbox One I would get it no question. Having online multiplayer for Halo 1 sounds so awesome.

Figments

It's weird how I'm not playing anything on my 360, yet I have the Destiny Beta open just to listen to the start screen music.

I may have a problem.

I'm with you buddy. Gamertag is BLCKATK. Adding you now.

\o/

Just letting you know right now, I'm incredibly weird.

Lee

Damn, I just learned that Bladedancers don't have the Throwing Knife ability, which I loved in the Beta. Now I'm unsure whether to switch from Gunslinger or not.

Gunslinger wins out. There is an upgrade that lets you have two throwing knives. There is also a helmet that lets you have four golden gun rounds.

2 + 4 = Gunslinger is the only way to go.

Obscured

Send me an XBL request if you want to!
I'll be all over the MCC
XBL - Space Cat V

I too will be all over MCC. I have to imagine there will be a pretty big overlap (GT: Mouroutaru). I will be one if those playing all of the campaigns and all the MP (curious how the unified control schemes will work) between that and Destiny I'm not sure when I will need to but a new game. Going to be awesome having this stuff all digital and ready to go at all times. It will be harder to convince my wife that I'm going to have to stop watching tv to play more video games.

Cuphead

Banned
I too will be all over MCC. I will be one if those playing all of the campaigns and all the MP (curious how the unified control schemes will work) between that and Destiny I'm not sure when I will need to but a new game. Going to be awesome having this stuff all digital and ready to go at all times. It will be harder to convince my wife that I'm going to have to stop watching tv to play more video games.

I would love to have people willing to play Halo 1-4 straight through when it launches.
If you're interested lets get a group together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom