• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to say screw the physical edition and save my Best Buy coupons. Buying a physical edition for an online only game is just buying a coaster.

This fucker now taunts me. ;_;

wtnjVaJ.jpg
I know exactly what you mean.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
did everyone go female? jesus.

soo guys is there any good quality no commentary in game audio vids to watch?????

ninja's stream was fun, but yeah, theres commentary. still hours and hours of really great gameplay here http://www.twitch.tv/ninja/profile/past_broadcasts

I'm curious about how many people from DGAF are grabbing MCC. I was going to hold off on that since I don't have very many Xbox friends but the idea of co-oping through Halo 1-4 sounds pretty cool.

me! cant wait to play halo 1-3 again and at 60 fps. and halo 5 sounds like its heading in the right direction too.

Going:

- Human Hunter
- Exo Titan
- Awoken Warlock

that sounds right. i doubt i'll make a second character for quite some time, but when i do it will be a exo titan then awoken warlock.

Am I the only one not worried about this? I feel like Activision and Bungie have enough experience launching mega popular online shooters. I expect any server issues to be sorted pretty quickly.

nope. there may be some hicups, but i think it will be quite smooth.

Looking through my beta screenshots deciding on what species to roll with
Awoken is calling to me

dqcqWOJ.jpg

lttp but the one on the right looks great.

WITHE1982

I'm not sure if I should play Destiny in English and keep the sweet voice acting of Lance Reddick (and Peter Dinklage) or play it in French to have the comfort of reading the game menus (and the PS4 system menus) in my native language. Why can't I combine English audio and French text? :(

Gina Torres and Nathan Fillion say ENGLISH.

A_Gorilla

Banned
My brother, we shall give them hell together since I did the exact same thing.

Seriously though hope it somehow ships tomorrow.

I chose one-day shipping just in case (I have Prime).

C'mon man, don't be that customer. It's not their fault.

If I could send a hate-filled email to the CEO of Amazon and have guarantees that he would read it, I would. But alas, that doesn't happen.

Someone must suffer my wrath.

King_Kong_2005.jpg

Going to bed earlier tonight so I can wake up and wait for the postman to bring
normal post and nothing else, like
my copy of destiny.

darthbob

I chose one-day shipping just in case (I have Prime).

If I could send a hate-filled email to the CEO of Amazon and have guarantees that he would read it, I would. But alas, that doesn't happen.

Someone must suffer my wrath.

King_Kong_2005.jpg

I used to do a job that had me be that kind of rep, so I tend to empathize with their plights more often than not, but generally speaking if Amazon does something like that they can help you out in some way.

The Goat

That's stupid have fun missing out.

C'mon, man. Don't be a dick. Shit like this happens, and it sucks :/

Anyway, I've had trouble in the past with quite a few games making me motion sick. Fortunately, Destiny is not one of them. I know your pain though, and I hope you can find a way to minimize the headaches.

If all else fails, surely the PC version will have FOV settings. It will suck to miss out on launch, but you'd at least get the definitive version :)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Not to derail the thread or anything, but if I enjoy both Borderlands games, I will most likely enjoy Destiny? In terms of story, atmosphere, graphics and game play, which game handles those facets better (from what you've played?) I'm thinking of dropping 60 bucks on it on Tuesday, but trying to get a better feel for the game. How does it compare to ODST? That was one of the Halo games I really clicked with.

So um let's have some fun to pass the time. Everyone show a pic of there gaming setup they will be using to play Destiny on. I'll have to take a pic later as I don't have my phone on me but I'll be playing on a 55" LG

Not to derail the thread or anything, but if I enjoy both Borderlands games, I will most likely enjoy Destiny. In terms of story, atmosphere, graphics and game play, which game handles those facets better (from what you've played?

I was a really big borderlands 1 fan and I really love Destiny. There isn't as much wandering, you don't have the fun variation and your story missions are handled differently, but I would recommend it to a borderlands fan.

Sidenote: Cowboys fucking suck. It's painful watching the game right now.
Texans won and I felt like a bawse. Saw the live action trailer too. Might be worth watching just for that.

taco543

Not to derail the thread or anything, but if I enjoy both Borderlands games, I will most likely enjoy Destiny? In terms of story, atmosphere, graphics and game play, which game handles those facets better (from what you've played?) I'm thinking of dropping 60 bucks on it on Tuesday, but trying to get a better feel for the game. How does it compare to ODST? That was one of the Halo games I really clicked with.

Oh you'll love it dude, I absolutely adore Borderlands and even have two loot chests and a couple clap trap figures around the house and from what I played in the beta and alpha Destiny has a way more in depth and captivating story.

So um let's have some fun to pass the time. Everyone show a pic of there gaming setup they will be using to play Destiny on. I'll have to take a pic later as I don't have my phone on me but I'll be playing on a 55" LG

No pic because im at work so you will have to use your imagination but I am playing on a 55' LED Samsung. 5 feet away.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
seeing all these nice screens really pisses me off that for all the xbone can do i cant take a screenshot. boo MS, boo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom