• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respect

There is only one logical answer
iw9cXf8oHo5M2.gif

Clearly that hunter has found some massively exotic gear that allows for 5+ scaramanga golden gun shots.

I'm starting to wish PSN had a nickname option for friends so I could keep track of who everyone is!

I was JUST thinking that when I added you today. "How the hell am I going to remember that is Cups?" I thought. LOL

BTW: add away, people. East coast US, but will play all sorts of times of day.

PSN: lastsonkrypt0n

Trace

Banned
Voidwalker Warlocks are going to be everywhere I assure you. Bladedancer has to be unlocked which will make it a bit more rare to see.

Do we know that for sure? I swear I saw something saying it's possible they changed the level cap restriction from the beta.

Tawpgun

So should the New Zealand thing work? It's not bannable to do that right?

I switched my time to NZ, gonna see if it worked tomorrow morning I guess

Stoze

It feels like I'm the only one in the world that hasn't gotten onboard the hype train for this quite yet. Based on the beta this game is the epitome of wait and see imo. I'm looking forward to all your thoughts and opinions in a couple days. Hopefully I'll be swayed toward a more positive opinion of Destiny.

I think it's kinda of the opposite of wait and see thanks to the beta; If I played the beta and didn't like it, I probably would have cancelled my pre-order.

But if you didn't like the beta specifically just because you wanted there to be more of what we got, then I would certainly think about purchasing the full game.

TyrantII

question is what % of playstation gamers will be awake and playing at 3am EST? it might not necessarily be a mad rush. factor in those doing midnight release retail that will already be on.

There's 10 million + PS4's out there. I'm guessing at minimum 1 million people WW will be trying to get in at launch, hammering the auth servers at the same time.

As said a very short announced release of minecraft released mid day was able to play funky with the network.

NoTacos

So I currently have 2 copies of Destiny Ghost edition pre-ordered. But the friend I ordered the second copy for, can't afford it right now. And the buy on the PS3 digitally, get for free on the PS4 is a very interesting offer. Is there any benefits to the ghost edition over the digital guardian edition? And if I do go digital, is there any benefit to keeping the ghost edition?
Sell one, use money for digital guardian ps3 with ps4 upgrade, sit on the other for a while till your friend comes through.

Digital pro: no disc changing, same dlc perks.

Ghost pro: ghost figurine (if that's a selling point to you), art book and physical extras.

Honestly if you don't care much for the lore and optional extras that don't do anything for the in game experience, you don't really need ghost edition.

So should the New Zealand thing work? It's not bannable to do that right?

I switched my time to NZ, gonna see if it worked tomorrow morning I guess

I'm too worried to try it yet. If I hear this works tomorrow I may likely download it on my Xbox One. I have a Ghost Edition waiting for PS4.

Think it will work with preorders only?

Noooooo! My kitty chewed through my headset cord on my shitty ear bud that came with the PS4. Im too broke for a headset right now :-( Anyone know of any cheap deals for a decent headset?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I can't even tell you how many times I Nova'd a group on a flag in the Alpha/Beta. It's all about knowing when and how to use it.

i hear you. but its not everytime, and its waiting for a group crowding a spot. as a hunter i have no such thoughts. engage golden gun and destroy 3. capture point or no. interceptor or no. i fear nothing. hunter.

Noooooo! My kitty chewed through my headset cord on my shitty ear bud that came with the PS4. Im too broke for a headset right now :-( Anyone know of any cheap deals for a decent headset?

I'd honestly lead you toward looking for a great deal on the awesome Playstation Wireless Gold headset. It's worth the extra cash. And Bungie is supporting it with a custom Destiny audio profile!

Tawpgun

Only reason I'm worried is if switching your time zone and dling the game will mean you are technically breaking street date or something dumb?

I don't think its a big deal but I'm not gonna get a chance to play much on tuesday so felt I could get a head start monday morning :p

Only reason I'm worried is if switching your time zone and dling the game will mean you are technically breaking street date or something dumb?

I don't think its a big deal but I'm not gonna get a chance to play much on tuesday so felt I could get a head start monday morning :p

It goes live at 3PM EST. So it doesn't matter if you change your time zone.

Edit: This is apparently incorrect, scroll down. Sorry

I'd honestly lead you toward looking for a great deal on the awesome Playstation Wireless Gold headset. It's worth the extra cash. And Bungie is supporting it with a custom Destiny audio profile!

I bought a set on Amazon for $80. Hope they are worth it, but everything I have seen says it is inferior to the Pulse Elites.

Magwik

Banned
Quoting myself see if anyone had used this headset before, curious how good it is.
I have the Z11 which are very similar and they are pretty damn good for the price (got mine for $30). So if that is any better you shouldn't have any issues. But if you are gonna spend around that much money I'd say browse Amazon for warehouse deals since the Gold headsets pop up normally for like $70

Yoday

Figure I'll post my PSN ID again. Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm not big on PVP, but I'll probably play a bit of it in Destiny. Most of my interest lies in the Strikes and Raids. I am big on PVE group based content(I will also be getting heavy into Dragon Age co-op), and I will be trying to either put together or join a consistent Strike/Raid team for tackling the harder stuff. I work overnight, so while I do play on weekday evenings, most of my dedicated time is 12am-8am PST Friday and Saturday nights. During the Beta my main play times led to me playing with a lot of EU folks.

PSN - YodaySunrider

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It goes live at 3PM EST. So it doesn't matter if you change your time zone.

thats not true. servers are up 8am est monday for new zealand time. when you get your copy after that, you'll connect. digital preorders go live at 12 am pdt. possibly earlier (check the x1 unlock early thread)

Arrrammis

Dont want to go over $50 if possible. I dont need anything too shnazzy but I need to be able to talk to my fireteam on Tuesday.

You can actually go out and buy Sony ear buds with a mic attached(for good ones $20-30). They advertise that it works with Android and Iphones, but I tried plugging it in to the ps4 controller, and the mic works perfectly there. Not much better quality than the one that came with the ps4 (about the same testing to with a friend online) but the earpiece is much more comfortable. Only sound comes out of the left earpiece though.

Seil

wait what, so when I get home after getting it at midnight I'm not going to be able to play until 3pm the next day...? or do you mean 3pm tomorrow

I think they meant AM, but it's wrong either way. The servers will be live so long as it's the 9th somewhere in the world. Physical owners will be able to play early with no problems, supposedly XBone digital owners can do the timezone trick, PS digital owners have to wait til midnight PST x.x

Nothing is helping guys. Decided to see how close I can get to my Plat trophy in Watch Dogs, but I could only play for an hour before I got antsy.

Thinking about maybe playing some BF4, but all I want is Destiny...

You can actually go out and buy Sony ear buds with a mic attached(for good ones $20-30). They advertise that it works with Android and Iphones, but I tried plugging it in to the ps4 controller, and the mic works perfectly there. Not much better quality than the one that came with the ps4 (about the same testing to with a friend online) but the earpiece is much more comfortable. Only sound comes out of the left earpiece though.

Thanks, I will look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom