• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Titan on Tuesday:

tumblr_me2ruxlRsD1rm101do1_500.jpg

Hey ma!

tumblr_inline_na9uu1Ua2o1qezswv.jpg

Kard8p3

no idea if ill actually be able to buy the ps4 bundle when i wanted to 8( have car problems i have to fix now lol

fuuuuuuck

Trace

Banned
Havent been following this for a while, but getting it tuesday. Has the rumors of it being a lot smaller than people thought still true? Like one area per planet ect?

One area per planet is true. I can't claim to have had a thought about how big it was "supposed" to be before I played it, Old Russia seemed fine to me and I'd happily take 4-5x more content than that.

Uh bro theres still tomorrow if you cant play now.

The point of pre-loading a game days before is usually so you can play it the moment it comes out. Hence why I was expecting to be able to play at midnight with 2 of my friends before going to bed.

If I had known first, I would have went and bought the game in a shop doing a midnight release. And even though it might have been known for others, you gotta have some empathy for those who didn't. Why is it so hard for some people to grasp? Why the need to act like such a condescending prick?

tmac456

Minecraft brought down the store. Now imagine everyone from EST with their pre-loads and every single person in PST trying to get into the game, etc. It's going to get fucking hammered.

If it was releasing the 3 hours apart (LIKE IT SHOULD), there would be less stress on the servers in general.

hell i agree it should be staggered. one would think Sony would have figured this out by now.

and i imagine there has been a good amount of comments made to Sony from fans but they aren't budging it seems

Seil

Titans are outspoken, but I can guarantee you it will be the least played class. If release is anything like the beta, and I assume it will be because everyone is going to run bladedancer, the number of people playing will go Hunter > Warlock > Titan.

I definitely suspect Hunter will be #1 or #2 at launch, but I dunno if it'll stay that way if only because it feels like both Hunter subclasses require more management for their supers while at least one subclass for Titan and Warlock have "win buttons" or at least "clear a room effortlessly" buttons. I suspect a lot will flock to the Bladedancer for the cool factor, but many will drop it for easier options. That said, the Bladedancer seems like it'll suit my preferred playstyle in games more than any other, so it's where I'm headed.

Trace

Banned
hell i agree it should be staggered. one would think Sony would have figured this out by now.

and i imagine there has been a good amount of comments made to Sony from fans but they aren't budging it seems

I think it should have gone up at 9pst so when it inevitably crashes for 3 hours, the game would actually be playable at 12pst :p

SirNinja

Not everyone can stay up till 3 am to play a video game. Some of us wanted to play a hour or two before going to bed.

If you can, go to bed early and wake up at 3. I've done that for a ton of game launches. Not ideal, but it's a lot better than staying up late and playing when you're exhausted.

Trace

Banned
I definitely suspect Hunter will be #1 or #2 at launch, but I dunno if it'll stay that way if only because it feels like both Hunter subclasses require more management for their supers while at least one subclass for Titan and Warlock have "win buttons" or at least "clear a room effortlessly" buttons. I suspect a lot will flock to the Bladedancer for the cool factor, but many will drop it for easier options. That said, the Bladedancer seems like it'll suit my preferred playstyle in games more than any other, so it's where I'm headed.

There isn't really an easier option than Bladedancer. Warlock super at least requires some decent aim, I feel like most people are going to succeed with Bladedancer by turning on super, walking into a room and spamming the melee attack.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm gunna say what everyone is thinking... golden gun is the best super in pvp.

Stanng243

So I currently have 2 copies of Destiny Ghost edition pre-ordered. But the friend I ordered the second copy for, can't afford it right now. And the buy on the PS3 digitally, get for free on the PS4 is a very interesting offer. Is there any benefits to the ghost edition over the digital guardian edition? And if I do go digital, is there any benefit to keeping the ghost edition?

Sirim

The point of pre-loading a game days before is usually so you can play it the moment it comes out. Hence why I was expecting to be able to play at midnight with 2 of my friends before going to bed.

If I had known first, I would have went and bought the game in a shop doing a midnight release. And even though it might have been known for others, you gotta have some empathy for those who didn't. Why is it so hard for some people to grasp? Why the need to act like such a condescending prick?
Understand your frustration, but I do want to point out that pre-loading is still handy in your case because without it you wouldn't even be playing at 3am!

But yeah the 3am thing is stupid.

Mediatik

Got destiny pre ordered for a while now , wondering as any Of you received the vanguard armoury pre order code ? I pre ordered mine from future shop

It feels like I'm the only one in the world that hasn't gotten onboard the hype train for this quite yet. Based on the beta this game is the epitome of wait and see imo. I'm looking forward to all your thoughts and opinions in a couple days. Hopefully I'll be swayed toward a more positive opinion of Destiny.

GravyButt

Damnit. Still cant decide if I want to Titan or Hunter. Cant do both cuz of time constraits right now. Damnit again!

Titan seems to be a charge in create havoc and be able to take some massive damage.

Hunter seems to be run around like mad shanking bitches.

....i love a good shankfest tho

Deku Tree

So I currently have 2 copies of Destiny Ghost edition pre-ordered. But the friend I ordered the second copy for, can't afford it right now. And the buy on the PS3 digitally, get for free on the PS4 is a very interesting offer. Is there any benefits to the ghost edition over the digital guardian edition? And if I do go digital, is there any benefit to keeping the ghost edition?

If you want all the physical collectors stuff then ghost edition. If you don't want to swap disks then...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It feels like I'm the only one in the world that hasn't gotten onboard the hype train for this quite yet. Based on the beta this game is the epitome of wait and see imo. I'm looking forward to all your thoughts and opinions in a couple days. Hopefully I'll be swayed toward a more positive opinion of Destiny.

you posted here. you are one of us even if you are resisting. bungie has you by your balls. its your destiny. join us.

Magwik

Banned
Damnit. Still cant decide if I want to Titan or Hunter. Cant do both cuz of time constraits right now. Damnit again!

Titan seems to be a charge in create havoc and be able to take some massive damage.

Hunter seems to be run around like mad shanking bitches.

....i love a good shankfest tho

There is only one logical answer
iw9cXf8oHo5M2.gif

Except for the collector's stuff, I don't believe there is any.

Z3M0G

Has this been asked/answered yet??

If you pre-order Digital Guardian Edition on PS3, do you get access to all the same content for free on PS4? Or JUST the base game??

Seil

There isn't really an easier option than Bladedancer. Warlock super at least requires some decent aim, I feel like most people are going to succeed with Bladedancer by turning on super, walking into a room and spamming the melee attack.

Eh... Warlocks and Titans both become near invincible during their super animations, having personally blasted a warlock with two interceptor missiles to the face mid animation without scratching them I'm a bit annoyed by that =p Hunters, meanwhile, can be shutdown while their supers are out.

The Nova Bomb's actual radius is even larger than it appears, as well, making it absolutely ridiculous. The Titan super also affects a large area above it, meaning in a closed environment you're absolutely screwed regardless of reaction time, can't even jump out. Blink may help with this, can't say yet.

I can't really see the Bladedancer being easier to use than near invincibility + room clear at the press of a button, but we'll see.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Titans are outspoken, but I can guarantee you it will be the least played class. If release is anything like the beta, and I assume it will be because everyone is going to run bladedancer, the number of people playing will go Hunter > Warlock > Titan.

Voidwalker Warlocks are going to be everywhere I assure you. Bladedancer has to be unlocked which will make it a bit more rare to see.

Understand your frustration, but I do want to point out that pre-loading is still handy in your case because without it you wouldn't even be playing at 3am!

But yeah the 3am thing is stupid.

The way I was seeing it was that pre-loading the game would save me a trip to the store plus would save me the taxes on the game. I wouldn't be playing a game at 3 am when I intented on playing it at it's release on midnight with friends for a hour or two.

There's no good side to this story for me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom