• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
coconut armor confirmed?

naVA2yV.jpg
The original titans?

Namikaze1

hunter and warlock exchanging approving glances. even in the dev environment titans are left out. poor guys. no swag.

Destiny_characters-600x335.png
Titan - "I'm ready to pop some mother******* Fallen's heads off!"
Hunter - "Dude, there's a hole in your stomach!"
Warlock - "What do yo-THERE'S A HOLE IN MY STOMACH!!!"

Respect

Apologies in advance for potato cam (again). I have the Digital Guardian Edition and this shows the Vanguard stuff is installed even though it error'd out.

Thanks...I actually just went in with what you suggested, my PS4 never showed the Vanguard add-on installing at all, so not even an error existed for me. But I checked on the Destiny tab and it showed the Vanguard add on installed.

Trace

Banned
Thanks...I actually just went in with what you suggested, my PS4 never showed the Vanguard add-on installing at all, so not even an error existed for me. But I checked on the Destiny tab and it showed the Vanguard add on installed.

You be welcome :)

Yea between the Vanguard Armory just not showing up and the 200mb install, it's kinda confusing to find out that everything is actually fine.

So before the alpha I was titan all the way. I played titan in the alpha and loved it. Come beta time I decided to try a warlock and loved it even more!

So come launch I am 50/50 on what to choose. I was checking out some players from Bungie on Bnet and the high level warlocks all look kind of.. Eh... I don't know. Samey?

I'm Probably still going warlock cuz space magic intensifies.

PSYGN

GAF, I skipped the alpha/beta/whatever.

Are there any good tips or even a video that goes over something that would suit my play style as a run and gunner? Is there even such a thing that promotes one play style over another like that? I don't like running shotgun type weapons because I like to engage in medium range shootouts, and even far range if they show their backs. I do however like moving at a faster speed and infinite sprinting in games that allow those kind of things. I don't even know if that's a thing in Destiny. Thanks in advance.

Messiek

Apologies in advance for potato cam (again). I have the Digital Guardian Edition and this shows the Vanguard stuff is installed even though it error'd out.

Same here.
I hope it's all ok.
Same happened to me with the Fetch DUP costume and I never had access to it.

KevinG

Are there any good tips or even a video that goes over something that would suit my play style as a run and gunner? Is there even such a thing that promotes one play style over another like that? I don't like running shotgun type weapons because I like to engage in medium range shootouts, and even far range if they show their backs. I do however like moving at a faster speed and infinite sprinting in games that allow those kind of things. I don't even know if that's a thing in Destiny. Thanks in advance.

Titan for the run and gunner.

Hunter for speed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm still holding out hope for early unlock. They said preloading wouldn't start until the 7th and we saw what happened there.

So before the alpha I was titan all the way. I played titan in the alpha and loved it. Come beta time I decided to try a warlock and loved it even more!

So come launch I am 50/50 on what to choose. I was checking out some players from Bungie on Bnet and the high level warlocks all look kind of.. Eh... I don't know. Samey?

I'm Probably still going warlock cuz space magic intensifies.

I am similarly torn between Titan and Warlock. Played and loved both in the alpha/beta and have no interest in Hunter. Decisions, decisions...

TyrantII

too bad u dont like shotguns...that seemed to be the autowin weapon for run and gunners in the beta. I would suggest playing as a Titan

PSYGN

Titan for the run and gunner.

Warlock for speed.

Hmm, I kinda do both as a run and gunner in most games. I'm not spraying and praying, but I guess the term run and gunner doesn't really make much sense in this game? From all the gameplay I've seen, people are moving around and it's not like Call of Duty or Battlefield where there are people camping/sniping. So maybe I will just go with Warlock.

tmac456

Stupid too, since staggering it makes more sense to relieve connection stress.

No way PSN stays up now if it's all going to be a mad rush.

question is what % of playstation gamers will be awake and playing at 3am EST? it might not necessarily be a mad rush. factor in those doing midnight release retail that will already be on.

Hunter is the fastest class with the most direct manoeuvrability. Golden gun is probably the best "super" for mid-range encounters too. If you don't like close quarters combat, then the titan's super is probably the worst for you.

PSYGN

too bad u dont like shotguns...that seemed to be the autowin weapon for run and gunners in the beta. I would suggest playing as a Titan

So two votes for Titan it seems! I guess I will try the shotgun but that means I will have to stay in corridors mainly, correct? I'm guessing the range is pretty terrible like most games.

Trace

Banned
Nothing.

God.
Dammit.

Maybe the difference has to do with the Digital Guardian edition? I don't know what to say.

But yea we've known about the 3am thing for awhile. It sucks, but in the grand scheme of things 3 hours isn't much. Go to bed early and get up at 3 :p

Ugh... Only JB-Hi-FI would get my hopes up by saying that they sent out my order on Thursday arvo and today i get tracking details saying that they didn't even pick it up till Friday at 4pm and that it looks like it will only start moving from melbourne today... Better be overnight otherwise i will be VERY upset.

2g0d3VV.png

Magwik

Banned
question is what % of playstation gamers will be awake and playing at 3am EST? it might not necessarily be a mad rush. factor in those doing midnight release retail that will already be on.

Minecraft brought down the store. Now imagine everyone from EST with their pre-loads and every single person in PST trying to get into the game, etc. It's going to get fucking hammered.

If it was releasing the 3 hours apart (LIKE IT SHOULD), there would be less stress on the servers in general.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Not I. Though will hopefully get my Warlock made after I wake up but before work.

So two votes for Titan it seems! I guess I will try the shotgun but that means I will have to stay in corridors mainly, correct? I'm guessing the range is pretty terrible like most games.

the range was actually pretty decent. I mean its no sniper, but its not like most games where you have to be less than 3 feet away for a kill.

If you play as a titan. Do not stop moving. You will be able to take out anyone in your way with melees and the shotgun. Ammo is plentiful around the maps too it seemed, at least in the beta. If you get attacked by more than one person, just pull of your special skill if u have it. Insta-kills everyone close to you

Trace

Banned

Shotguns are special weapons. You get a normal weapon slot, a special weapon slot, and a heavy weapon slot. Normal can be auto rifle, hand cannon, pulse rifle, or scout rifle. Special weapon can be shotgun, fusion rifle, or sniper rifle. Heavy is machine gun or rocket launcher.

So you can go shotgun + long range weapon if you want. Titan is good for sprinting around because the Striker subclass has a bunch of bonuses to melee.

All I see in every Destiny thread are people claiming Warlock and Titan. That's cool, I like playing the "underdog" class. Hunter is dope and im gonna be the best there is.

That Digital Guardian Edition is so tempting. Since I bought the standard edition earlier, the PS store now shows the DGE as $29.99. I'm definitely going to cave and buy it before launch.

PSYGN

Hunter is the fastest glass with the most direct manoeuvrability. Golden gun is probably the best "super" for mid-range encounters too. If you don't like close quarters combat, then the titan's super is probably the worst for you.

I like the sound of the maneuverability part. Okay, I'm going to shut up after this final question not to spam the thread, but do the classes "feel" different in look speed? I'm trying to imagine how it controls.

It's crazy how I'm excited for a game that I hadn't played and watched all but maybe an hour's worth of multiplayer/reveal footage over the past few months, but something made me want it.

Trace

Banned
All I see in every Destiny thread are people claiming Warlock and Titan. That's cool, I like playing the "underdog" class. Hunter is dope and im gonna be the best there is.

Titans are outspoken, but I can guarantee you it will be the least played class. If release is anything like the beta, and I assume it will be because everyone is going to run bladedancer, the number of people playing will go Hunter > Warlock > Titan.

Havent been following this for a while, but getting it tuesday. Has the rumors of it being a lot smaller than people thought still true? Like one area per planet ect?

I'm not sure which threads you are visiting, but Hunters get loads of love on GAF. If anything the Titan seems to be least popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom