• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

"Arthur Gies ‏@aegies:
After about five hours of @DestinyTheGame, @pkollar and I are through the story missions on the earth and the moon, I believe."

Uhm..What. o_O. Jeesh :/.

Calm down. At least wait until you play the game before you start freaking out.

Uhm yeah I'm not freaking out I've just come back to this thread after a month or something or whenever the beta ended and hoped they improved upon the game following community feedback.

Then I come in here and see they haven't really changed much, added much or have been doing anything with our feedback pretty much. We still have to sit through boring ass load screens, we still have to go back into orbit after a mission etc..Plenty of stuff that is grinding my gears right now.

Listen I have love for Bungie and their games of old. All the way back to the Myth games. But after seeing all of the information that has come out over the last few weeks, my hype has gone from being on the top of the himaleya's to down into a cave.

And especially the video where they said "Hey you guys see that piece of land? I can walk over there RIGHT NOW. It's not a skybox!!", and then when you fully reveal the game there is only one ( small? ) area to actually discover in.

And then in those area's there are not very much diverse missions. If the missions are like they were in the beta I'm going to be snoring through them. I had fun with my first strike but after killing the same boss over and over and over and over again and not even getting any guaranteed weapons or loot after you kill the boss im like whaaaaaaaaat.

I really hope 30 isnt levelcap or at least that 25-30 is a fucking drag. If not then its over after 10 hours and then we wait for DLC.

30 is the level cap.

ib0Fg9oYT73eCw.gif
Time to join us Hunters! 8)

shinn623

shinn, sorry for asking, but can you say anything about the story from what you've played of it? Not a spoiler, but some little hints?

PM me if you have any specific questions. I'd like to avoid anything that could be considered close to spoilers. I don't want to risk ruining the experience for others.

I'm still on the train.

Think I'm gonna go HC, with showstopper and invisibility as my build. They nerfed razor's edge a lot. Less range and slower travel speed makes it lose its effectiveness quite a bit.

WizzNARD

Anyone with the XBO version know if party chat has been fixed? In the BETA you could only do it while snapped, or start a party before loading the game, and sometimes that wouldn't work.

Also, I 'll ask one more time,does anyone know how EXP in groups work? Is it shared, like in Diablo?

Patch notes have me really excited. Knowing that auto rifle won't dominate anymore opens up so much more variety, especially in PvP. Didn't think Scout rifles needed a nerf though. Was also hoping for Super nerfs.

Before I spend $100 on it, is the Sony Gold wireless headset worth it? Pretty much buying specifically for this game as I currently just use the speakers on the TV (commence ridicule).

Respect

man are you guys serious right now. He's disappointed with the scope of the multiplayer and MMO aspects and essentially praises everything else, even with the caveat that he still hasn't seen much of the singleplayer campaign.

I'd like to quote joe directly if that's okay with you

"It really is just another Halo game with the added addiction of weapon drops, loot drops, armors, you know, things like that to customize your character. And that's fucking great. And I love it. And the gameplay itself is what's most important, and that's what Bungie nails here, okay? It feels- it doesn't obviously feel exactly like Halo, but it feels comfortable enough for you who are a fan of Halo to get into it and feel comfortable. The various powers of the different classes, the Titan, the Hunter, the Warlock are all extremely awesome, it's hard to pick between the three classes, I love it. I love the gameplay in this game. But I was disappointed by a lot of the things surrounding the actual gameplay."

Doesn't sound like he's making illegitimate complaints with regard to the things he doesn't like and I expect his review to be generally positive after explaining that he had to get over his disappointments.

Sounds fair enough, some were commenting he expected 16v16 and 32v32 firefights, but beta gave no indication and pvp was strictly 6v6...so I'm not sure how he could have come to that conclusion.

(Granted, this is my 2nd and 3rd hand info based on what is being posted in this thread.)

zkorejo

Yeah, I'm honestly not even sure why I bought it. I know I will have a shitton of fun with the PVP side of things,because that's always what brought me to Halo and in the alpha/beta the PVP was damn fun.

But the singleplayer side of it sounds dare I say it meh. I'd love to explore new stuff all the time, but it sounds like the singleplayer stuff is really light on content.

I feel the exact same way. I enjoyed PVP way more than the SP and Co-op content in the Beta. So for me it will be all about finding best gears and weapons for PVP and Crucible events.

MMaRsu

Calm down. At least wait until you play the game before you start freaking out.

It's almost like you shouldn't jump to conclusions before you play something.

You mean you can't make well adjusted assumptions from information that's widely available?

So like, just buy the game and see if there are any nagging disappointments?

Nah I'd rather inform myself about the game. Or try to.

Err, what were you expecting? A 200 hour story? If those two are the smallest locations then it probably means a 20-25 hour story.

I was expecting a BIG game. A game with a LOT of SP content. Because you know, they have been developing this game since Halo Reach. And it doesn't show.

PuMa

Before I spend $100 on it, is the Sony Gold wireless headset worth it? Pretty much buying specifically for this game as I currently just use the speakers on the TV (commence ridicule).

I've had it since it came out and really enjoy it. The optimized game-specific audio channels are really great. I don't know how it compares to other headsets in the same price range though.

Err, what were you expecting? A 200 hour story? If those two are the smallest locations then it probably means a 20-25 hour story.

Yes, but is there any story there? 'Cause if the beta (and the ongoing lack of response to my question) is any indication, it's pretty freaking bare.

It's getting me excited for the game even more.

I mean it showcases what make this game great.

Its firefight 2014

with loot and character progression.

having your buddies scream to not die as you take out the last elite and save the entire team is what its all about.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Patch notes have me really excited. Knowing that auto rifle won't dominate anymore opens up so much more variety, especially in PvP. Didn't think Scout rifles needed a nerf though. Was also hoping for Super nerfs.

Its early, but I think they hit the wrong things. Warlocks were always at a disadvantage with their ults compared to the other classes (not speaking on the subclasses because obviously I've never used them). But you could jump right past a Warlock or kill one in mid-air. Looking at the map and generally having an idea of where people were most likely to group at pretty much gave you a GPS as to where to find a Warlock waiting to break his ult out.

Their startup time and animations are just free. Meanwhile, a Titan can derp out a multikill from cutting a corner too fast and mashing buttons and a Hunter can change an entire landscape with 3 quick shots (from laughably long range).

They didn't need a nerf at all imo. Hell, Warlocks need help lol

RiverKwai

You mean you can't make well adjusted assumptions from information that's widely available?

It's the "well adjusted" part that you seem to be having a problem with.
One (ill informed) post about someone leveling to 24 in four hours and you automatically jump to the conclusion that it's true - even though everyone who's been paying attention knows that's not true. You didn't even ask for a source.

Maybe you should just take a breath or something man. :)

Klyka

Banned
I was expecting a BIG game. A game with a LOT of SP content. Because you know, they have been developing this game since Halo Reach. And it doesn't show.

What they were doing is learning how to make a game for 3 completely new consoles for them: The PS3, Ps4 and Xbone. That's where most of their development time went into. Making an engine that runs on all 4, making sure all 4 run, etc...

Sounds fair enough, some were commenting he expected 16v16 and 32v32 firefights, but beta gave no indication and pvp was strictly 6v6...so I'm not sure how he could have come to that conclusion.

(Granted, this is my 2nd and 3rd hand info based on what is being posted in this thread.)

WHat's interesting about the video is during his commentary in the background you can hear every player having a blast.

But yeah, if you listen to the whole thing, he really likes it, and it just wasn't something that the game never pretended it was going to be.

MMaRsu

It's so you can play with your friends without killing everything in 1 shot.

And is this an option or is this forced on you?

I do not enjoy walking around as a lvl 30 and having to deal with low lvl enemies who take just as many shots to go down as when you are level 1.

And I really really mean that. That is honestly the lamest thing ever. You'll never feel truly powerful if your enemies are 'leveling' with you.

It's the "well adjusted" part that you seem to be having a problem with.
One (ill informed) post about someone leveling to 24 in four hours and you automatically jump to the conclusion that it's true - even though everyone who's been paying attention knows that's not true. You didn't even ask for a source.

Maybe you should just take a breath or something man. :)

Lol if you think that's what I'm bummed out about you need to read through my posts again.

Even if that was the case, thats like the smallest annoyance I have with this game.

Xeroblade

Do it, mic is a little echo-y but they are fantastic sounding and are comfortable.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm indecisive so this is great for me

lol @ flawless raider. Shit's gonna be ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm actually happy about that if there's only three slots since I can just have one of each class.

But GODDAMMIT why did they nerf my beautiful vortex grenades

madmackem

Sounds like around 12 hours for the story, give or take. Add in hours of free roam, strike missions, raids and the PVP and you are looking at a nice package.

This i dont know what people were expecting, its like diablo in that you will be able to blast through it but then the game starts. Re doing it all for drops, then pvp theres plenty of hours in there.

What they were doing is learning how to make a game for 3 completely new consoles for them: The PS3, Ps4 and Xbone. That's where most of their development time went into. Making an engine that runs on all 4, making sure all 4 run, etc...
Not to mention they were building an entirely new engine for this game.

But, hey, five years of work doesn't show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom