• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

If Bungie and Acti are planning on this IP to have a 10-year tail on it, do you really think they haven't already charted a ton of monetization options for at least the first few years? There is nothing that anyone is going to say in this thread, or any thread for that matter, that will make them sit up and say "holy shit, we could charge for that. You're right. Great idea!".

So it's alright because they have already made plans for it?

This kind of thinking brought us DLC packs and all that horrible on disc DLC bullshit.

Klyka

Banned
I'm happy to see Warframe comparisons coming up in this thread. I felt the same way during beta. Warframe is great, but I'll enjoy Destiny much more because I'll be collecting gear as drops, and not just materials to use in a very demanding crafting process.

Does Destiny have crafting too?

I'm a huge fan of Warframe since i started playing again two weeks ago.
The things they added in the updates are fantastic and I can't wiat for Archwings.

What is the relevance with this video? In IGN's level 29 Titan video we see it taking several shots to kill really low level baddies. I would hope to slice through everything at that level, but that is not the case.

It's so you can play with your friends without killing everything in 1 shot.

Lol the way some people play games amazes me. The ign stream gets to the cool part of the intro when the dropships are coming in and instead of sitting back and watching them fly over he runs staring at the ground and doesn't even see them fly over.

So odd

ViciousDS

Banned
damn.....they really buffed the shit out of hand cannons and pulse rifles......finally I can use them because they were so weak in the beta.

Magwik

Banned
Assault Rifles
Reduced the base Damage of all Assault Rifles by 7%
Reduced the base Accuracy ranges by [14% to 25%], modified by weapon stat
Reduced the base Stability ranges by [8% to 80%], modified by weapon stat
Hand Cannons
Increased the base Zoom of all Hand Cannons by 20%
Increased the base Damage per bullet range by [4% to 15%], modified by weapon stat
Increased the base Magazine size range by [8% to 20%], modified by weapon stat
Reduced the base Accuracy range by [75% to 100%], modified by weapon stat
EioRO.gif

MrBlonde

I am picking the game tomorrow but I am not excited for it, I have watched some videos and I just dont see what all the hype is about but I will give the game a chance.

MMaRsu

Whoa, dude. Anyone 24 is a Bungie employee or has been playing for days already under Friends and Family. Pretty much every stream hit Level 6 after four hours.

Oh well in that case I did not say anything! Sorry everyone, misunderstanding. I thought that guy said somehit hit lvl 24 in 4 hours o_O. I was like what.

ryan299

MOst streams seem to be running through the story missions with ease and there doesn't seem to be a lot of them. I hope thats not the case

Asked a couple pages ago, this thread moves so damn fast I'll try again: has anything changed story-wise from the beta? There was some speculation (okay, personal hopes) that there was some stuff cut for spoiler purposes, cutscenes, dialogue, etc. Any of that?

Patch notes

Scout rifles get more of a nerf than assualt rifles? the fuck? only 1% but still. Assault rifles were straight OP in the beta
Remember that they nerfed some weapons and buffed others. Maybe with this balancing they noticed that a choice wasn't as obvious such as "always use ARs". As long as stability is brought down for long range that's already a huge help

Not much point to watch streams anyway if you have played Alpha and Beta. Same ol Old Russia stuff.

Minecraft is such a good game to make time go quickly

shinn623

Patch notes

Scout rifles get more of a nerf than assualt rifles? the fuck? only 1% but still. Assault rifles were straight OP in the beta

Crap, they nerfed my razor's edge arc-blade build. Guess they realized it would be oped. They also nerfed the arcbolt grenade too. Time to make adjustments. I hear some people jumping off the hunter train.

RiverKwai

I think the servers will be ok tomorrow. The Beta had what, four and a half million people playing total, and almost a million concurrently? I know they manufactured some lags and server issues during the beta, but aside from the time when they explicitly said they were going to stress test the servers - I didn't notice any issues.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
warlocks are screwed lol

that ult wasn't even that special to begin with
Patch notes

uh no?

scout rifles had damage scaled back while AR's had stability, damage, AND accuracy hit

Karl Hawk

Banned
Crap, they nerfed my razor's edge arc-blade build. Guess they realized it would be oped. They also nerfed the arcbolt grenade too. Time to make adjustments. I hear some people jumping off the hunter train.

shinn, sorry for asking, but can you say anything about the story from what you've played of it? Not a spoiler, but some little hints?

I recall mowing down level 2 and 3 fallen like it was nothing with my maxed out level 8. No 1 shots but I could clear out ten of them in seconds.

Yes, Level 2's were easier to kill at Level 8 than they were at Level 2... but if you took the time to look at the damage per shot.. you'd at Level 8 in full Greens you'd do the same damage to Level 2's that you did to Level 3's and 4's. Because there's a maximum amount of damage it allows you to deal to lower level enemies.

Removed subclass locking from builds.

Adjusted the unlock order for all subclass trees.

Hand Cannons
Increased the base Zoom of all Hand Cannons by 20%
Increased the base Damage per bullet range by [4% to 15%], modified by weapon stat
Increased the base Magazine size range by [8% to 20%], modified by weapon stat
Reduced the base Accuracy range by [75% to 100%], modified by weapon stat

Hmmm, interesting.

Spidertank leg health reduced by 16% (base 3000 to 2520) per leg.

That'll make things go faster!

My favorite GameStop that sells all games at least a day early is not allowed to do this with Destiny.

I was waiting in the store for 2 hours with two other guys.

No chance.

Hold me GAF.

:(

Ambitious

Alright, the hype finally got me.

When Destiny was first announced, I didn't care for it at all. The Beta was cool for me, but nothing more. Even last week, I was just looking forward to it. No hype.

Now? Can't wait anymore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Angry Joe who was hyped as fuck for this game said "Scale back your hype"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cExMKVbQdQ

Destiny seems like a grindfest and has a lot repetitive shoot-outs.
Fuck. Exactly what I feared.

PVP it is :(.
I will never trust people who rely on clicks to feed them because it's always the same thing:

before game comes out = OMG IT'S THE BEST HERE WATCHA LL MY VIDEOS OF IT CLICK THEM ALL!

game comes out = OMG THIS IS NOT AS GOOD AS THEY SAID IT WOULD BE HRE WATCH MY VIDEOS WHERE I SHOW HOW IT'S NOT SO GOOD CLICK THEM!
I think I'll wait a week to take any of these reviews as credible. A lot of these guys are throwing up vids for the hits but the content and journalism just isn't there yet. You can't review a game after playing it for a few hours.
This is one game I don't give a shit about reviews and impressions. I've played 40 hours of it already. I know exactly what I'm getting into and why I'm excited for it.
man are you guys serious right now. He's disappointed with the scope of the multiplayer and MMO aspects and essentially praises everything else, even with the caveat that he still hasn't seen much of the singleplayer campaign.

I'd like to quote joe directly if that's okay with you

"It really is just another Halo game with the added addiction of weapon drops, loot drops, armors, you know, things like that to customize your character. And that's fucking great. And I love it. And the gameplay itself is what's most important, and that's what Bungie nails here, okay? It feels- it doesn't obviously feel exactly like Halo, but it feels comfortable enough for you who are a fan of Halo to get into it and feel comfortable. The various powers of the different classes, the Titan, the Hunter, the Warlock are all extremely awesome, it's hard to pick between the three classes, I love it. I love the gameplay in this game. But I was disappointed by a lot of the things surrounding the actual gameplay."

Doesn't sound like he's making illegitimate complaints with regard to the things he doesn't like and I expect his review to be generally positive after explaining that he had to get over his disappointments.

Yes, Level 2's were easier to kill at Level 8 than they were at Level 2... but if you took the time to look at the damage per shot.. you'd at Level 8 in full Greens you'd do the same damage to Level 2's that you did to Level 3's and 4's. Because there's a maximum amount of damage it uallows you to deal to lower level enemies.
Oh ok. I gotcha.

I missed the days of feeling like you accomplished something moving up in MMO. Even though this is a fake MMO.

I feel ya. I think that they specifically wanted to avoid the appearance of having a huge "Experience Wall" that would put people off-- specifically those that want to jump into Destiny say, after the first expansion comes out-- and say "yeah, people have been playing this for a while now but you can easily hop right into the action and get where they are without worrying about countless hours of grinding just to achieve parity with your friends".

Didnt they also say they accelerated the speed of leveling up in the beta?

Honestly I'm just really disappointed right now. Wow :/.

We know. It's palpable.

How about you put in a week's worth of play and see how you feel? Not to say that you won't still be bummed but really, you're just setting yourself up for a really rotten time by just digging into a negative mindset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom