• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back, clean bill of health!

Wound is closing up nicely, got another appointment in 2 weeks

They removed the tube that was placed
First this 50+ year old doctor try to pull it out, yanking away, made me scream so loud, he stopped, tried to tug again, I told him do it again, you'll get punched
Goes to get his colleague, to help out, a fucking 70+ year old doctor... Really!?!
He tries tugging (felt like they were about to pull my anus out), doesn't work
Call my original doctor 35-40 years in age, homeboy goes, yeah it's in there, BRB getting forceps, comes back, puts in the wound, tells me to take a deep breath, BAM tube comes out...

So my Doctor pulls it out, 0 pain, quick and easy
2 old doctors trying to play tug of war with the tubing near my rear area ; ;
(The old doctors were saying I need to stay overnight/emergency room or operating table...)
My Doctor saved me all that bullshit!

God I love my Doctor <3

Now to nurse this wound and enjoy Destiny with you sumbitches!
Might knock myself out in a hour or two, and wake up around 11:30pm and play the waiting game

Who's with me for some Glimmer-Farming =D

Damn, dude! Glad it ended up okay, and you're ready for the fight.

In my hurry to get the game, I accidentally bought the PS3 version of Destiny.

Talked to Sony support and they said they have to wait 3-5 days for me to get a refund. Guess my only choice is wait for the digital upgrade whenever that comes up :(

Here's a step by step process. http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

Pretty much, you should be able to download/preload it on your PS4 already if you go to the PSN Store. But still check the links for specifics.

Juraash

Pre-ordered the Limited Edition from Amazon the day it was announced, made sure to pick the shipping option that guaranteed launch day delivery...haven't seen shipping confirmation yet so I'm getting antsy.

Hopefully it ships on time and arrives on time as well. I may have to set up remote play to get my fix while at work. Hard to believe launch is finally upon us.

MMaRsu

This is a good question and I hope someone steps up to answer it

. For some reason, even at a high level, low enemies seem to take the same amount of damage to kill as they did at earlier levels. Which I don't understand. It's like your character will never feel powerful.

Huh is that true? Wasnt like that in the beta right?

A realistic outcome considering who the publisher of this game is.

Well at least don't ASK for a paid dlc bundle lol. Bungie people DO read this thread.

Marvel

could never
Grave, I'm glad you're on the mend but damn I wish I hadn't read that before my dinner.
ibni2BdI37J91i.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
can't believe my best buy isn't doing a midnight. I emailed the store manager and she responded back that they were not opening at midnight. Whatever.....$37 is worth the wait over paying a full blown $59.99 at GameStop. I'll just set my alarm for the morning and be there when the store opens.

bob page

"Arthur Gies &#8207;@aegies:
After about five hours of @DestinyTheGame, @pkollar and I are through the story missions on the earth and the moon, I believe."

Navy Bean

Yeah, I'm honestly not even sure why I bought it. I know I will have a shitton of fun with the PVP side of things,because that's always what brought me to Halo and in the alpha/beta the PVP was damn fun.

But the singleplayer side of it sounds dare I say it meh. I'd love to explore new stuff all the time, but it sounds like the singleplayer stuff is really light on content.

I am the exact opposite of you...lol. Loved the single player and hated the PvP. As long as they don't force you to play PvP to get good loot I'll be happy.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Man this gamespot stream is getting me pumped. Venus and The Moon look so fucking cool. I swear I've seen like 10 new enemy types as well. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!!!

This is a good question and I hope someone steps up to answer it

. For some reason, even at a high level, low enemies seem to take the same amount of damage to kill as they did at earlier levels. Which I don't understand. It's like your character will never feel powerful.

Huh is that true? Wasnt like that in the beta right?

Yes it's true. Likely to make it easier to play with lower leveled friends without making the content trivial for them. GW2 does something similar and it works out beautifully because they can add new content anywhere in the game and it still feels viable for players of all levels.

Edit: And yes it was like that in the Beta and the Alpha.

Jesus what the fuck Bungie. Should have made leveling slower.

They've consistently been upfront with their desire that people hit the cap quickly since they have designed the game more around the post-cap grind and customization. They also said they wanted a cap that was low and quickly obtained so that people felt free to create a number of different characters without dreading a huge time-sink.

I'm going to go on the record here and say I hate it when designers throw merchants and shops willy-nilly all over a map, regardless of what the map is.

So you mean to tell me, I've just murdered my way through a portal in hell, a dimensional super-prison, a post-apocalyptic Mayan apocalypto, and I open a door, round a corner, flee screaming into an unlit basement, and there's a shop?

I like that all the mercantile actions have been condensed and streamlined to the hub. I tell you, I like it!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
They've consistently been upfront with their desire that people hit the cap quickly since they have designed the game more around the post-cap grind and customization. They also said they wanted a cap that was low and quickly obtained so that people felt free to create a number of different characters without dreading a huge time-sink.

I miss the days of feeling like you accomplished something moving up in MMO. Even though this is a fake MMO.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They probably have to appease retail stores since unlocking everything at the earliest timezone would piss them off.

But man is is annoying. I see so many reasons to not go digital, especially living in EST where I can't do anything until 3am.

They've never cared before. It makes for sense for it to be Activision's decision. I'm not bothered because what's 3 hours in the grand scheme of things but I do think it's weird.

shinn623

I'm back, clean bill of health!

Wound is closing up nicely, got another appointment in 2 weeks

They removed the tube that was placed
First this 50+ year old doctor try to pull it out, yanking away, made me scream so loud, he stopped, tried to tug again, I told him do it again, you'll get punched
Goes to get his colleague, to help out, a fucking 70+ year old doctor... Really!?!
He tries tugging (felt like they were about to pull my anus out), doesn't work
Call my original doctor 35-40 years in age, homeboy goes, yeah it's in there, BRB getting forceps, comes back, puts in the wound, tells me to take a deep breath, BAM tube comes out...

So my Doctor pulls it out, 0 pain, quick and easy
2 old doctors trying to play tug of war with the tubing near my rear area ; ;
(The old doctors were saying I need to stay overnight/emergency room or operating table...)
My Doctor saved me all that bullshit!

God I love my Doctor <3

Now to nurse this wound and enjoy Destiny with you sumbitches!
Might knock myself out in a hour or two, and wake up around 11:30pm and play the waiting game

Who's with me for some Glimmer-Farming =D

Good to hear you are good to go. Destiny should accelerate the healing progress. See you online.

WizzNARD

Does anyone know how EXP works in groups? Is it shared like Diablo, or if I'm a higher level than my buddies should I juts let them kill the majority of stuff so they can level?

Didn't notice in the BETA, never really seen it mentioned before either. Can't wait till Midnight (well 3 for me)!

Sorry to quote myself, bumping for new page, hoping someone knows!

No it wasn't like that in the beta. You did have to be a few levels up from enemies to notice much of a difference though.

It was indeed like that in the Beta. What it is, is a ceiling placed on how much damage you can do on lower level enemies so that you're not one-shotting everything making them trivial.

Patch notes

Summary:
The Day One patch for Destiny contains a number of changes to Weapons, Builds, Talents, Maps, Activities, Achievements, Progression, game stability and UI.

Classes

General

Removed subclass locking from builds.
Adjusted the unlock order for all subclass trees.
Adjusted the cooldown ranges of armor stats (Intellect, Discipline, Strength).
Agility now has more impact to move speed and acceleration.

Titan

General
Catapult no longer has screen effects
STRIKER
Shoulder Charge now deals Arc damage instead of Kinetic
Lightning Grenade shock damage increased by 66% (base 60 to 100)
Amplify Super bonus-on-kill increased from 6% to 10%
Flashbang no longer disorients ultra combatants
Transfusion now has a 5-second cooldown before it can trigger again
Juggernaut shield is removed after jumping or sprinting for 6.5 seconds
DEFENDER
Ward of Dawn now immediately regenerates your health on activation

Hunter

GUNSLINGER
Golden Gun is now unable to overpenetrate through a Ward of Dawn shield
Incendiary Grenade detonation damage reduced by 18% (base 140 to 115)
Chain of Woe now grants an additional 5%, 10%, 15% bonus to reload speed
Gunslinger's Trance buff duration increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
BLADEDANCER
Arcbolt Grenade impact damage reduced by 17% (base 120 to 100)
Razor's Edge distance traveled slowed and reduced
Quickdraw now no longer requires a melee hit
Blink now cancels invisibility when used

Warlock

VOIDWALKER
Nova Bomb Vortex duration reduced from 5 to 3.5 seconds.
Nova Bomb Vortex effects now has displays for its victims.
Energy Drain impact damage increased by 10% (base 100 to 110)
Soul Rip super bonus on kill increased from 6% to 10% bonus
Vortex Grenade linger damage reduced by 50% (base 15 to 10) per tick
Surge now grants a bonus to reload and weapon-ready speed
Surge now activates when doing damage to an enemy instead of killing blow
Surge agility buff increased by 33% (base 10 to 13)
SUNSINGER
Firebolt Grenade impact damage reduced by 20% (base 100 to 80)
Flame Shield now activates when doing damage to an enemy instead of killing blow
Flame Shield now provides a small overshield
Solar Grenade linger damage reduced by 50% (base 15 to 10) per tick

Weapons

General

Removed weapon speed penalties from extended sprinting
Capped inventory to 999 rounds
Fixed several weapons that would display an incorrect magazine size
Swapping weapons from inventory now only takes 50% of the ammo in PvE

Perks

Return to Sender now procs more frequently by 15%
Range Finder bonus reduced by 4%
High Caliber Rounds damage to combatants increased by 67%

Assault Rifles

Reduced the base Damage of all Assault Rifles by 7%
Reduced the base Accuracy ranges by [14% to 25%], modified by weapon stat
Reduced the base Stability ranges by [8% to 80%], modified by weapon stat

Pulse Rifles

Increased the base Damage per bullet range by [2% to 17%], modified by weapon stat
Increased the base Stability range by [8% to 25%], modified by weapon stat
Reduced the base Rate of Fire by [8% to 19], modified by weapon stat

Scout Rifles

Reduced the base Damage of all Scout Rifles by 8%
Fixed an issue that broke the fx for explosive rounds

Hand Cannons

Increased the base Zoom of all Hand Cannons by 20%
Increased the base Damage per bullet range by [4% to 15%], modified by weapon stat
Increased the base Magazine size range by [8% to 20%], modified by weapon stat
Reduced the base Accuracy range by [75% to 100%], modified by weapon stat

Sniper Rifles

Increased the base Stability range by [6% to 100%], modified by weapon stat

Fusion Rifles

Fusion Rifle charging is now more reliable.

Shotguns

Improved Shotgun damage falloff networking.
Reduced base Damage per bullet range by [2% to 5%], modified by weapon stat
Reduced base Shotgun range by [1% to 7%], modified by weapon stat

HMGs

Improved HMG projectile networking.

Vehicles

General

Fixed audio dropouts from vehicles for local player.

Sparrow

Dodging while boosting is now easier to execute.

Cabal Interceptor

Reduced Rocket Rate of Fire from 1 to 1.5666 seconds per shot.
Reduced Rocket damage blast radius from 7 to 6 meters.
Reduced Rocket damage falloff curves so they are less effective at long rangers
Reduced Arming shape from 1 to 0.6 meters.

PVP

General

Crucible Marks drop rate increased from 2 to 3 for wins, 1 to 2 for losses.
Match completion XP and Glimmer awards increased.
Match completion can now award Engrams.
Playlists now unlock sequentially instead of based on character level.
Health numbers are now normalized at a 200 base value (up from 175) to be easier for players to calculate.
Ghost ammo collection disabled in all playlists.
'Crushing' voice-overs now plays properly when the game has 0:30 and 0:10 seconds remaining

Medals

Mark of the Unbroken minimum threshold increased from 7 to 15
Back in Action death streak threshold increased from 3 to 5
Heating Up medal removed to avoid spam and player confusion
Domination now only fires only once per domination zone per player
Domination medal score increased from 40 to 125

Game Types

Salvage
Salvage Zones now do not return to the most recent salvaged relic locations
Fixed a bug with Salvage probe offense points being given out incorrectly
Fixed spawn policy content that caused bad behavior on (PS3 only)

Maps

First Light

Pike spawns reduced from 4 to 3.
Interceptor spawns reduced from 2 to 1.
Interceptor spawn times reduced to 2 minutes.
Interceptor timer now does not start incrementing until after the game has started.

Blind Watch

Windmill now pumps approximately 14% less liters of waters per match from 3.5L to 3L.

Rusted Lands

Line-of-sight spawn influencers changed to reduce spawning near enemies.
Level-of-detail volumes adjusted for better performance on slower platforms.

Shores of Time

Playable space volumes adjusted to remove exploit zones
Level-of-detail volumes adjusted for better performance on slower platforms.

The Anomaly

Fixed a hole that let players see out of environment in the lower tunnel.

Bastion

Pike spawns reduced from 4 to 3.
Interceptor spawns reduced from 2 to 1.
Interceptor spawn timers reduced to 2 minutes.
Interceptor timer now does not start incrementing until after the game has started.

Exodus Blue

Added physics volume to keep players from getting on top of the giant hose reel near Control Zone A

Activities

Missions

Fixed an issue with Ishtar Collective Venus mission to enable the Vex Turret to drop Mind Cores for assisting players, instead of only killing blow players.

Strikes

Strikes now award increasingly more Vanguard Marks at higher levels.
Strikes now award significantly better Gear at lower levels.
Fixed an exploit using Ward of Dawn against Sepiks Prime

Raids

Raid condensed to two difficulty tiers, in order to get straight to the punishment. Levels adjusted.
Flawless Raider achievement cut, then un-cut, then cut, then un-cut, then declared immune to further cutting.

Destinations

World

Patrols award increased Vanguard reputation but no longer award Vanguard Marks.
Patrol VIP objectives brought in-line with other objectives, but still award additional reputation.
Treasure chest glimmer drop rate reduced, but added Materials to loot table.
Treasure chests now have a small chance to award large drops of additional Glimmer, Materials, Engrams, and Consumables.
Fixed various bugs where combatants were spawning in front of players
Fixed bugs where too many combatants were spawning during some instances of the Vex Block event

Combatants

Removed spurious XP bonuses for Fallen Captains, Hive Knights and Wizards, Vex Minotaurs, Cabal Centurions
Stealth Vandals should award XP now.
Acyclic Geometer's name now display properly.
Fixed Hydras to reward the correct loot for Patrol missions on Venus
Spidertank leg health reduced by 16% (base 3000 to 2520) per leg.

Vendors

Bounty introduction unlock moved from Level 6 to Level 4.
Bounty Leads will be sent to characters upon reaching various milestones.
Engram and Package tooltips now indicate what they can contain.
Packages earned from Faction reputation rewards now contain Glimmer instead of awarding XP.
Cryptarch reputation requirements to reach Rank 2 increased.
Cryptarch reputation earned from purchasing Engrams are greatly reduced.
Vanguard and Crucible Marks are now accruable beginning at Level 18.

Technical

Fixed an issue with skill distribution that caused convergence to take much too long.
Fixed an issue where players&#8217; skill rating was too often shifting negatively causing less than ideal matches.

Scout rifles get more of a nerf than assualt rifles? the fuck? only 1% but still. Assault rifles were straight OP in the beta

Foxix Von

I'm going to go on the record here and say I hate it when designers throw merchants and shops willy-nilly all over a map, regardless of what the map is.

So you mean to tell me, I've just murdered my way through a portal in hell, a dimensional super-prison, a post-apocalyptic Mayan apocalypto, and I open a door, round a corner, flee screaming into an unlit basement, and there's a shop?

I like that all the mercantile actions have been condensed and streamlined to the hub. I tell you, I like it!
What, you don't like stumbling into cake shops in the middle of a dank cave? It makes perfect sense though, the humidity levels are just right!

bonus points to anyone who gets that reference.

MMaRsu

Didnt they also say they accelerated the speed of leveling up in the beta?

Honestly I'm just really disappointed right now. Wow :/.

Pretty much all fears most of the community have come true.

VOIDWALKER
Nova Bomb Vortex duration reduced from 5 to 3.5 seconds.
Vortex Grenade linger damage reduced by 50% (base 15 to 10) per tick

Awwwwwww man Warlock nerfed

Z3M0G

I would honestly advise everyone in here to get on their platform of choice and download and play Warframe for a bit.
That game basically shows you exactly how Destiny will play for you (with different mechanics, obviously).

Choose mission-> do mission in an area that is fmailiar to you -> collect rewards -> repeat to achieve your goal of what to unlock/loot/etc...

I'm happy to see Warframe comparisons coming up in this thread. I felt the same way during beta. Warframe is great, but I'll enjoy Destiny much more because I'll be collecting gear as drops, and not just materials to use in a very demanding crafting process.

Does Destiny have crafting too?

Well at least don't ASK for a paid dlc bundle lol. Bungie people DO read this thread.

If Bungie and Acti are planning on this IP to have a 10-year tail on it, do you really think they haven't already charted a ton of monetization options for at least the first few years? There is nothing that anyone is going to say in this thread, or any thread for that matter, that will make them sit up and say "holy shit, we could charge for that. You're right. Great idea!".

I like the idea of a hub with shops, but I'd also like it if there was an NPC or two around Old Russia, some recluse who didn't want to leave their home for whatever reason instead of going to the Last City or the Tower. Demon's Souls had a hub with vendors, as well as random ones in the different zones. I really liked that setup.

If you definitely have a number of mates you can play regularly play this with from the start, I'd say it'd definitely be worth it since that really is the kind of experience Bungie is going for here. If you're more like to play solo and with randoms often-- and are still on the fence-- then I'd say hold off for a week in order to get some impressions on the full game from those people you'd be playing with.

As for the Hunter, there is a Blade Dancer subclass... :)

bladedancer.gif

jesus fucking christ

I'm getting Destiny.

ironcreed

Banned
"Arthur Gies &#8207;@aegies:
After about five hours of @DestinyTheGame, @pkollar and I are through the story missions on the earth and the moon, I believe."

Sounds like around 12 hours for the story, give or take. Add in hours of free roam, strike missions, raids and the PVP and you are looking at a nice package.

ubiblu

Just finished up my first 3 hours in Oz. Joined a pickup fireteam and endured an epic old Russia mission that dragged on for 30 odd minutes as we were all underlevelled. We were last man standing for most of it against impossible odds but scraped through. Best fun I've had playing a game in years.

Lgndryhr

Many of us have mentioned it certainly...it's the reason I decided not to take tomorrow off from work simply because I fear this happening a lot over the next couple of days.

Guess I missed it while skimming through thread. I plan on picking it up tomorrow and making sure it's all updated, but won't actually start it until later this week more than likely to avoid having to deal with server issues.

I had a feeling it would take about 10 hours to max level and they will expect you to buy new expansion packs to continue on a monthly or bi monthly basis.

Idk what bungie was doing since halo reach.

It was indeed like that in the Beta. What it is, is a ceiling placed on how much damage you can do on lower level enemies so that you're not one-shotting everything making them trivial.
I recall mowing down level 2 and 3 fallen like it was nothing with my maxed out level 8. No 1 shots but I could clear out ten of them in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom