• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. I just bought it. I've had some bad luck with headsets in my past (as I'm sure we all have), but you all raved about this one so I figured it's worth a shot.

you wont regret it, it works so well with the PS4 and the sound is really really good. Ontop of that they are so comfortable.

Really glad I bought the gold headset as well. Comfortable, good sound, the Destiny sound profile is just the cherry on top. It's up on amazon for 80 bucks right now too.

SDCowboy

I have to wonder if many of the folks complaining about the quests being "boring" maybe didn't or don't understand what the game is. Seems like many, still, thought this game was Halo instead of what it really is...essentially a sci-fi Diablo. The quests are about blasting your way to the boss and getting sweet loots. They aren't necessarily about deep, involved mechanics.

I like the idea of a hub with shops, but I'd also like it if there was an NPC or two around Old Russia, some recluse who didn't want to leave their home for whatever reason instead of going to the Last City or the Tower. Demon's Souls had a hub with vendors, as well as random ones in the different zones. I really liked that setup.
I hear you but, for this, I prefer the D3 approach-- all the vendors packed together in the hub. No need to go running around just to check inventories, etc.

Digging the Gamespot twitch feed-- group co-op play and they sound like they're having fun.

MMaRsu

I thought you said you were done with this thread?

Seriously, opinions are fine and all, but the constant negativity from you is really shucking my Destiny jive right now.

I was until that guy said I was just being negative to be negative.

Dude I was looking forward to this game like no other. There's a good reason I joined DestinyGAF as an admin, because I was planning to spend a shitton of time with this game.

And hey, you know what I still might! It still might be one of the best games in years and I cant stop playing it.

But those things I posted are just legit annoyances with the game as it stands right now. And there ain't nobody telling me my opinion and feelings isn't valid or I'm just being pissy to be pissy.

And with that, Im done. I'll see y'all when I have the game.

I hope somebody still wants to play with me after all my negativity haha.

Trying too hard? Lol. Dude Interficium what are you even saying. Way to dismiss my opinion dude!

After seeing that epic artwork, i couldn't help but apply it to an old game box.

Iuf8Q55.jpg

Brb, died, gotta rewind the tape.

this is AMAZING! totally love it. remind me good old C64 days :)

<3

darthbob

I have to wonder if many of the folks complaining about the quests being "boring" maybe didn't or don't understand what the game is. Seems like many, still, thought this game was Halo instead of what it really is...essentially a sci-fi Diablo. The quests are about blasting your way to the boss and getting sweet loots. They aren't necessarily about deep, involved mechanics.

The only 'quest' that I found was boring was the Vanguard stuff you could do in Exploration. Most of that was just item collection fetch questing, which is kind of a staple of MMOs. Still, it wasn't much fun.

Kodros

He's kind of right. Yes, ARs are different from Scout rifles are different from Shotguns, but amongst each weapon class there isn't a ton of variety.

What about all of the weapon perks that you have to level up within each weapon? I'd say that provides a good amount of variety.

So it's alright because they have already made plans for it?

This kind of thinking brought us DLC packs and all that horrible on disc DLC bullshit.

Covering one's ears and going "na-na-na-na-na!" isn't going to change their mind if it's part of their business model for this game from the get-go. Neither is some silly hashtag campaign. Obviously voicing an opinion with your wallet to a company that is selling a product is what matters. Company A comes up with a way to monetize things further-- be it via expansion packs, cosmetic dlc, F2P "gems", etc..-- and nobody bites, then that thing tends to go away. The majority don't do that however. They see the value proposition in DLC and snatch it up in droves, so the practice continues. Nobody is "begging" to charged more where once things were free, but as we get older and a new generation grows up with it as the status quo, then our opinions get pushed to the fringe. That also means that the expectation that things like that ought to be free also gets pushed to the fringe and increasingly is seen as unreasonable.

Yeah I selected the release date delivery/two day shipping. And the current status is "Not yet shipped"

This happens with most of my Amazon Prime ordered games. It always says not yet shipped until the last minute then it arrives at my home usually before 12am on release day. So I think you should be fine, if not complain and theyll give you more free months of Prime.

I foresee a lot of people complaining at first for this reason, then realizing after a bit that they want to keep coming back to the game and they'll have no idea why. The addiction will eventually take hold of us all.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does the PS3/PS4 cross buy work? Does it have to be purchased on PSN? Do they provide a code or is it just auto added to the account?

What about all of the weapon perks that you have to level up within each weapon? I'd say that provides a good amount of variety.

It's decent, yeah. I feel like most of them don't really radically alter things, though the ones that do are very nice. Plus, there's the lack of visual variety (which I think is kind of important when you're going to be spending a lot of time staring at your guns).

Klyka

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn#t give a shit about all this talk and just wants to shoot things in the face while talking with some guys over voice?

Venus?

Karl Hawk

Banned
You know what I'm most excited about? Playing Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strikes along with Crucible then the Raid once we're ready for it.

Gonna be a blast playing with you guys. ;)

I'm not much of a shooter fan outside of Halo, but I think my main draw to this game is the setting itself. I love the premise. It kinda reminds me of Robotech/Macross where an alien object allows mankind to achieve great technological achievement at an unseen cost.

Being able to walk on other planets in our solar system is another big thing for me. One of my most memorable gaming moments was walking on the moon in Mass Effect and seeing the Earth in the distance. This is going to be like that tenfold. Even if the story ends up being so-so, I am excited for the grandeur and spectacle of the experience itself.

That seems like it's more on the game and less on the people complaining. Game seems like it has a major identity crisis. It's trying to be a hybrid, combining Halo with Diablo, with an open world style MMO, and as a result doesn't really excel in any of them.

xbox one ghost edition is in stock on amazon

goooooooooooo, i placed an order
xbox 360 as well.

PS4/PS3 ghost versions may go up soon since they will cancel those who don't have enough funds in their bank accounts

Cuphead

Banned
If anyone is down to play 48 hours straight starting at 2am central send me a PM!!
We can stream it or whatever if people are interested in watching.

BokehKing

Banned
There's no way someone hit 24 in four hours though, right?

That means that leveling time has actually been REDUCED since the beta. I can't believe it.
Are you going to stop to smell the roses or rip through the game like a 5 year old on Christmas morning?

Even if it's true, reading stuff like that doesn't worry me because I know how I play games, 10 hour games, become 30 hour games to me

Right? It's like a small hodge podge of game genres blended in a fresh take on the standard FPS but it's not a revolution like some journos are calling it.

It lacks the scope in my opinion. It's gotta be truly open ended if it wants to warrant that. Like, each hub would have to be its own living open world. With instances to discover and explore, not having to access bigger events from menus.

Opening a Strike mission from the main menu instead of randomly finding it while trekking through an unexplored area doesn't enhance the feeling of being a frontiersman-like Guardian... y'know? It feels kinda last-gen TBH.

What I've played, it's neat, but not that mind boggling. Can't believe the aesthetics has gotten people so enamored.

The game is cross-gen... after all the info from the alpha and beta I really dont get some of the reactions here.

Pop

It's decent, yeah. I feel like most of them don't really radically alter things, though the ones that do are very nice. Plus, there's the lack of visual variety (which I think is kind of important when you're going to be spending a lot of time staring at your guns).

Just wrong. There is plenty at higher levels. Which the game is built around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom