• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the missions seem to be the same: Wait for Ghost to hack and defend against waves of enemy. That's crap.

For real. Honestly, I'm thinking of switching my pre-order at Gamestop to Hyrule Warriors or just picking up Diablo III for the PS4. I can always come back later after there's so more realistic impressions of this game and the servers are stable(if they potential go down).

Just wrong. There is plenty at higher levels. Which the game is built around.

Not really, dude. Other than Exotics (of which you can carry only one), weapons seem to be made from a handful of different designs. Most of them (even the legendaries) are just palette swaps of earlier weapons. I'd love to be wrong, but I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.

Tsukumo

Titan

General
Catapult no longer has screen effects
STRIKER
Shoulder Charge now deals Arc damage instead of Kinetic
Lightning Grenade shock damage increased by 66% (base 60 to 100)
Amplify Super bonus-on-kill increased from 6% to 10%
Flashbang no longer disorients ultra combatants
Transfusion now has a 5-second cooldown before it can trigger again
Juggernaut shield is removed after jumping or sprinting for 6.5 seconds
DEFENDER
Ward of Dawn now immediately regenerates your health on activation

Nite Owl screaming at pulverized Rorschach.gif

darthbob

Gonna stream a li'l of this bad boy.
BxB4qPgCQAABEx5.png

ThatsMyTrunks on Twitch

Can you tell me if the PlayStation Exclusive Content sticker on the case is a sticker that you can peel off, or is it actually part of the box art?

Arken2121

I've been hyped for this game and still am! I can't wait to show it off while streaming it like some others here. I think that if there are people still on the fence with this game to look at some of those and hopefully they'll get a good idea of what it's like after the beta.

For real. Honestly, I'm thinking of switching my pre-order at Gamestop to Hyrule Warriors or just picking up Diablo III for the PS4. I can always come back later after there's so more realistic impressions of this game and the servers are stable(if they potential go down).

so because the mission are repetitive you are going to pick up a musou game?

now Diablo III is legit one of my favorites ever.

Z3M0G

Is there serious risk of this game simply not stacking up against Borderlands?

It's an honest question... I really didn't like Borderlands... but when you think about them side by side, Borderlands seriously offered a lot for its time. This game offers PVP and a sorta-social hub with a larger number of players to see each other, and dance... i guess? But other aspects are starting to stack in Borderlands favor, possibly? Exploration, quest/mission variety, etc?

I don't like that I find myself making these comparisons... I really don't...

Kadin

So has there been any official response as to how playing with multiple people of different levels will work? Say the friends in your group/clan are level 15 and you're level 8, can you still all play together and the game will adjust so each player gets decent Exp or will the high level player gimp the Exp from the lower level player?

KevinG

I need to get out of here. So many people sulking over unreliable sources not liking the game.

If the full game is just more of what I played in the Alpha and the Beta, I am happy.

Respect

With all the talk of nerfs, what needed, what didn't, why this wasn't nerfed, they need to re-buff not nerf (class)...feels right at home for a MMO :)

Not denying or agreeing...just mentioning.

/settling in

BokehKing

Banned
Pulse Rifles

Increased the base Damage per bullet range by [2% to 17%], modified by weapon stat

I can live with that considering how often I came across them in beta

RiverKwai

Im sorry what?

I am not seeking out negative shit. Negative shit is in this game. How can you explain to me it's not annoying to hit three of four loading screens before you can continue your next mission?

Yes you are. You are doing it in this very post:

How can you say its not stupid that a lvl 1 enemy takes as many shots to go down when you are lvl 1 then when you are lvl 30?

Because this is a shared world. And without doing so, coming back and grinding areas/farming for items would be ludicrous. The way they are handling this has been done before and it makes sense. What you fail to note is that Lv.1 enemies will not kill YOU in the same amount of hits when you are level 1 vs level 30.

How can you say there is weapon class variety in this game? There ISNT.

Compared to what? When did they ever say there was going to be crazy alien space guns in this game? And how do you know that there aren't? We just found out like... TODAY that there's a sword!

Only one area per planet? Well that sucks.
If they are comparable with Old Russia, which they have been stated to be - that's pretty big. Would it be cool if there were more Earth areas? Sure, but criticizing the game for things is DOESN'T HAVE, that you expected and wanted is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Sorry there's not more map area in the game?

Where is all the player customization? Hmm no different from Alpha. LAME
The player customization is largely armor and shader based. You have your helmet off for like 10% of the game.

More vehicle types? Hmm there are none. LAME

Hoe many vehicles did they promise you?

And how can you say this game was not geared towards people who enjoy large single player games? Do you remember that presentation they did, where a Bungie employee says

"See all that open space? We can go and explore that RIGHT NOW if we wanted to! It's not a skybox, that is actually explorable terrain "

I don't see how explorable terrain = single player game? Destiny has always been a co-op and multiplayer based game. They didn't even announce that you could do any solo play until well after E3. Does it suck that you can't "go to those mountains?" Yes. But that's something they said a long time ago before they even fleshed out the game, and has nothing to do with single player content. Also, I'm sure it doesn't make you feel any better, but you do "go to those mountains" in an PvP map. It's the Twilight Gap.

I'm sure I might be overreacting and maybe SOME complaints I have are not legit in some eyes but for me personally all of these things I typed up above here are LEGIT annoyances for me.

Somebody typed itt that Halo had a good rythm to it. One moment you were in a Banshee flying over an open field and had to get to a certain point, then you are in a tight hallway shooting some shit and then you end up with another open field where you do battle. It doesn't seem like this game has that.

I have no doubt they are annoyances for you, but they are annoyances because you are focusing on them. That's the point. You wanted a different game than what they made. There's nothing wrong with that. it's just weird that you can't accept it and move on though.

kiguel182

What? Like the metal leaves and stuff? I didn't see a whole lot to do in the cosmodrome... Just those beacon radio messages of go here kill stuff, and WHAM Public Event incoming.

I don't think it's too much to ask to get a proper open world FPS, that is admittedly VERY ambitious, with multiple planets, all equally as sprawling and expansive and littered with different things to do. Abilities to learn as you, etc... I'm fine with a few menu's here and there and loading times between planets.

But if we got games like GTAV and Just Cause 2 last gen, what stopped Bungie from going all out with this?

BTW, I'm pissy because of I too fell for the game's aesthetics. I gotta hand it to Bungie for creating an engrossing universe. It's just so artificial and constrained that I still feel like a toddler in a playground wondering why I can't go past these boundaries.

I think he's referring to the fact that the game is so small that you end up doing the same things over and over again. There's no sense of space. The reason people like me have less of an issue grinding (hell, sometimes I LIKE grinding if it feels good) is because the time you spend traveling from place to place actually helps create a feeling of adventure. It's illusion, for sure. But it gives the monotone a little more room for imagination. It gives it a little more meaning. Grinding in a small space gets old fast.

The missions are simple but the world around them is anything but. Those missions are just an excuse to wander off the beaten path to discover new areas.

Old Russia is pretty big, there are all these different locations and while there isn't very complicated objectives to do in those areas the variety is found in the enemy encounters you have, the strategy you employ and the overall feeling of world discovery.

And I'm playing alone so there's none of that "you have to play with friends to have fun" nonesense.

I am most certainly not trolling sir.

Beacons with little collectathon missions is fun and all, but I'm talking about actual story missions.

Let's say. You do a mission in Old Russia. The next mission is also in Old Russia. You have to go through THREE loading screens if you have to go back to the tower, and then back into the game. That is just annoying as hell.

Let me just keep playing, or give me the option NOT to return to orbit right after a mission if you did it in a explorable zone.

And then, when talking about NPC's. Why are there no wandering NPC's, or NPC's who stick together in a small settlement they made in Old Russia? Where I can get some extra loot decrypted or buy some rare gear from one of the shopkeepers there. They have a different inventory then what the Tower holds.

There's no reason to fill the world up with NPC's etc? Yes there is, because if all there is is enemies shit looks pretty stupid to me. World building? What's that?

I agree with the loading screens, they are annoying. But Destiny never claimed to be an open world FPS so being kept in the open world wasn't their goal.

Are you criticising world building in a game with several enemy factions that battle each other when you are not there? There are no humans apart from the Guardians because of that world building. It's all part of the story and of the desolated world they are building. If they had camps with vendores and big quest signs on top of that it would break what they have build. You are asking for less world building while asking for world building. You also encounter other guardians on their quests in the world, it doesn't feel deserted at all.

so because the mission are repetitive you are going to pick up a musou game?

now Diablo III is legit one of my favorites ever.

I'm desperate for ANY half-decent Wii U game right now, and Bayo 2 comes out later. I've never played a Diablo game, but that will probably be my purchase. I think, for me, I feel like there's too much mystery around Destiny and since I'm not crazy hyped I don't mind waiting a week to a month to get some more in-depth & realistic impressions.

From what I see now though, it looks tedious and like there's going to be a lot of work, DLC, expansions, patches, ect before the game gets to a good place. All just my opinion though.

a916

Is there serious risk of this game simply not stacking up against Borderlands?

It's an honest question... I really didn't like Borderlands... but when you think about them side by side, Borderlands seriously offered a lot for its time. This game offers PVP and a sorta-social hub with a larger number of players to see each other, and dance... i guess? But other aspects are starting to stack in Borderlands favor, possibly? Exploration, quest/mission variety, etc?

I don't like that I find myself making these comparisons... I really don't...

I don't think you're giving Bungie a lot of credit by not giving enough emphasis on PVP... Bungie has made some damn good MP shooters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom