• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
Angry Joe who was hyped as fuck for this game said "Scale back your hype"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cExMKVbQdQ

Destiny seems like a grindfest and has a lot repetitive shoot-outs.

What did people expect? Really? This is exactly what I expected coming in from the beta, it's what I'm excited for!

Back from class what did I miss?

Lots of people getting confused over what an FPS-MMO hybrid was gonna be,

Please let us use swords in MP

So much this. I wanna FoH my way into the middle of the enemy team and start spinning round like a madman, screaming HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH at the top of my lungs.

Looks like the sword suffers a bit from limited attack options. Shame there doesn't appear to be any horizontal swings, jabs etc

E92 M3

I am trying my hardest to love this game, and will likely pick it up after work. But I am worried about what I can achieve if I only play till Horizon 2 comes out and we have Sunset Overdrive/MCC. I won't be as committed and will get left behind. I've aired these concerns before.

Same reason I don't like MMOs - they require too much time and take from all of the other games. When I used to play Gunbound, that shit eviscerated my free (and not so free) time.

Z3M0G

All a matter of opinion. I enjoyed the Alpha and Beta better than Borderlands (and I liked Borderlands for the record).

well..

I mean its all opinion but what I played in the Alpha and the Beta was worlds better then Borderlands 1 and 2.

Same here... but I enjoyed Borderlands for longer than I played the Destiny Beta before I got bored of Borderlands.

I still feel I'll enjoy Destiny much more, for some reason. But I expect lots of comparisons in the coming days. And I think for many, Borderlands will end up coming out on top.

The PVP multiplayer may be this game's saving grace.

Hawk269

xbox one ghost edition is in stock on amazon

goooooooooooo, i placed an order
xbox 360 as well.

PS4/PS3 ghost versions may go up soon since they will cancel those who don't have enough funds in their bank accounts

FUCKER!!! Why did you have to post that??? There goes another $171.51 dollars!!! I already had the Digital Ghost Edition downloaded on my Xbox One too. FUCK. Well, to some fellow Gaf member, I will have a Code for the Season Pass available sometime tomorrow for sale.

So they nerfed my precious Warlock? The Nova Bomb vortex effect was weak in the beta so I'm confused as to why they thought to nerf it. Hopefully, the vortex grenade is still good enough to maintain its god-tier status.

Bungie, why are you trying to keep us Warlocks down?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
For real. Honestly, I'm thinking of switching my pre-order at Gamestop to Hyrule Warriors or just picking up Diablo III for the PS4. I can always come back later after there's so more realistic impressions of this game and the servers are stable(if they potential go down).

so because the mission are repetitive you are going to pick up a musou game?

now Diablo III is legit one of my favorites ever.

igJ2bvMohL0Ul.gif

I'm trying to decide where to go for the midnight launch. I have my preorder at gamestop but I'm sure Microsoft stores will have a better launch event. I should hang out there and then swing into Gamestop afterwards to pick up my copy perhaps?

MattyG

Banned
Still not sure if I want to get this now or wait. I'm just really unsure about how much I'll enjoy it. I'm leaning towards waiting, since this is a long term product for Bungie. It won't be like CoD where if you buy it a few months late, you have a new one coming out soon after.

mid83

I think one of the biggest issues with games like Destiny is the unrealistic expectations people have. This game has been so hyped up, along with some pretty bold promises from Bungie/Activision, that it's nearly impossible for the game to live up to the hype.

For me personally, assuming I get more of what I played during the beta, Maybe I'll run out of content in the next few weeks, but that's ok. There are plenty of other games on my backlog to play while I wait for new content.

My biggest hope is that the content pipeline we hear about comes to fruition.

I am trying my hardest to love this game, and will likely pick it up after work. But I am worried about what I can achieve if I only play till Horizon 2 comes out and we have Sunset Overdrive/MCC. I won't be as committed and will get left behind. I've aired these concerns before.

Same reason I don't like MMOs - they require too much time and take from all of the other games. When I used to play Gunbound, that shit eviscerated my free (and not so free) time.

If nothing else, I'll be in the same boat as far as getting those exact games, so we'll always have each other.

:D

Hawk269

Cømet;129015635 said:
What did people expect? Really? This is exactly what I expected coming in from the beta, it's what I'm excited for!

Well, I expected that when you are on Earth, you go to more than just Russia. I mean, it is Earth, you know the planet with so many good locations that would be amazing to explore, but all we get is Russia and for a lot of that it is underground Russia.

That is what I am disappointed in. I would of loved some nice urban city type of environment, you know a really fucked up Los Angeles or Frisco, perhaps Las Vegas all jacked up etc.

My hype levels are still at max, mainly because I pured hours into Crucible during Beta, so any shortfalls the story may have will be made up for in PVP. It's also my understanding that people are still locked out of PvP today.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Not sure why some people are so worried about all the missions being "go here, press square, protect ghost against waves of enemies". The streams I've seen have had a lot of mission variety. Obviously it entails killing a ton of baddies but the mission structure definitely changes up. Lots of boss battles too. I've seen a lot of new enemies that were not in the beta either. My hype has actually increased after watching today's streams.

mid83

Same here... but I enjoyed Borderlands for longer than I played the Destiny Beta before I got bored of Borderlands.

I still feel I'll enjoy Destiny much more, for some reason. But I expect lots of comparisons in the coming days. And I think for many, Borderlands will end up coming out on top.

The PVP multiplayer may be this game's saving grace.

Assuming the content concerns people had post-beta hold true, I think the biggest issue is that PvE content in Destiny seems pretty thin compared to Borderlands. For people more interested in Destiny's PvE, I can see some disappointment if the game's PvE content is as thin as it seems.

SharkJAW

it's awesome seeing someone get ripped apart for valid complaints.
This is the result of the hype machine. For the record, I kind of agree with the points MMaRsu is making, but I enjoyed the beta enough to justify buying.

Otherwise, add me on PSN guys for ole destiny goodness: SharkJAW

KooopaKid

Banned
Watching a stream that is about 6 hours in and on Venus. The missions are super repetitive so far and the enemy variety is seriously lacking. And more importantly I'm not feeling the epicness and interconnectivity of the world.
This game is clearly not for me. My impression is that the word of mouth will quiet down quite fast. It's mainly for Borderlands, Titanfall or Halo (without the charisma) fans.
Those who likes those games, enjoy!

Not sure why some people are so worried about all the missions being "go here, press square, protect ghost against waves of enemies". The streams I've seen have had a lot of mission variety. Obviously it entails killing a ton of baddies but the mission structure definitely changes up. Lots of boss battles too. I've seen a lot of new enemies that were not in the beta either. My hype has actually increased after watching today's streams.

Yeah, man, those boss battles holy god.

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
it's awesome seeing someone get ripped apart for valid complaints.

I know; many are letting their hype blind them. After watching streams, I am disappointed I just bought a PS4. Might not even get this game.

Lack of variety seems like the biggest issue. I loved Halo because of the unexpected things that can happen and how creative you could be with different guns and vehicles and perks. Perks in this game are press button for automatic kill and guns all look like point and shoot. And well vehicles are almost non-existent.

Cant comment too much on the story so far but doesn't seem to intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom