• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't deal with the wait anymore. I keep alternating between being excited and being totally apathetic. Tuesday can't come soon enough. ...I guess.

Kane1345

Titan does seem to be the most toned-down in terms of styling, but they do have some very cool late-game gear. Helm of Inmost Light and Insurmountable SkullFort look great.

Daft punk helmet makes me want to main them but I'm settling with titan alt :)

kle89

Neo Member
cannot wait!
V4GNwbp.gif

Fitts

Titan does seem to be the most toned-down in terms of styling, but they do have some very cool late-game gear. Helm of Inmost Light and Insurmountable SkullFort look great.

You're not joking! All three classes get some amazing looking/functioning gear.

...and you can color (nearly?) any of it pink so ANY piece of armor can look incredible... err... frabjous! :)

immodicus

Neo Member
Fellow PS4 users, I'm looking for people to group up with to reclaim the solar system. Rolling a Titan as my main. Not gonna lie, I'll probably want to lay low and not be bothered the first few days so I can get immersed in the story, but after that, once the real meat of the raiding and iron banner pvp begins, I'll be all yours.

psn: punkfeelinglucky

Arment

Titan may not be my first choice but it will be amazing watching you guys in action. Cool moves.

I played Warlock til max and never did get to try Hunter. The golden gun looks really handy for PvP.

Anyone else not changing their class from the Alpha / Beta? Was a Hunter in both and it was the best class.

I made two of every class in Beta leveling them all to 8 (i would delete them afterwards to make room for a new one). I kept gravitating to Titans and played them the most. Seemed to suit me better. So im sticking with that as my main.

MidEvlDed

I hope that when you go to seal your subclass (illumination) the game asks you "are you sure". Otherwise I can see a lot of people accidentally locking it and then complaining about it.

I plan on being a long ranged player, using Scout Rifles, Snipers.

Being a Warlock in a way makes sense to me because of the Nova Bomb. Also, if I were to play Sunsinger, I could buff my stats, and therefore get easier 1 shot kills with my weapons.
The Hunter on the other hand has skills that, given that you are accurate (which you need to be if you use either weapon) gives you various bonuses. The two supers, the Gunslinger one is a great long range super, but it's limited to 3 bullets. The Bladedancer is definitely close quarters so it wouldn't work.

Technically, I'm leaning more towards the Warlock here for these reasons. But aesthetics are important too, and that is where I am divided. Welp... I'm not easy to please ahaha!

I've fallen so deep into the hype that I'm starting to lose excitement and become overcome with a numbness. This happened after the Alpha and then the Beta pulled me out of the anti-hype and back to my hyped senses. Save me from the anti-hype, September 9th! Please!

My Warlock brothers and I shall wreck face in all things Destiny come next week.

dustyherb

Anyone else not changing their class from the Alpha / Beta? Was a Hunter in both and it was the best class.
I'm sad I didn't get to try a hunter in either the alpha or beta. I definitely plan on making one in the main game eventually since that bladedancer looks to amazing to not try out.

Its almost here finally!

Unfortunately I wont be playing until the Saturday of that week due to being at the GameStop managers conference. Its like of all the days of the year for Conference to be it just so happens to fall on Destiny week.

I'll be rolling Hunter probably.

Titans represent.
O7
Excellent first post, but after all those amazing topic names we came up with, I don't know, seems a little lack luster

"The Last Guardian(s)" would have been nice.

Maybe because I don't know what frabjous is?

Anyway, about to eat dinner and read every single sentence from the first post, that will be my tuesday night :/
No worries, we'll probably have OT2 very soon (with another name?) if the speed of the withdrawal thread was any indication.

kd-z

Where did that wizard come from after all? ;)

I don't know how but it didn't hit me that the game is also coming to PS3 and 360. I'm going to wait for some impressions (on the technical aspects of the port) and, if they're positive, perhaps buy the game a couple days after the release. I won't be near my PS3 until the 13th anyway, so might as well wait.

Somehow I'm not terribly excited, not sure why. But, hey, it's Bungie, it's a shooter with RPG elements, it looks pretty sweet, so I'm in.

A shame about the lack of a PC version, though. It would look rad on my rig :<

Somebody please help me. I own both consoles and can't decide what to buy this on. I was going with the ps4 version but I'd have to wait quite a while for that to ship to the place I live (like a month).

I could buy the game on xbox one and preload it right now. Plus I have a tonne more friends on the xbox one.

What should I do, guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom