• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh it does count against the super if you get killed while using it unless they patched it out. the only time it doesn't is when it's in the process of being engaged.

whoops yup I meant the initial activation animation before you gain control. Radiance (not Fireborn), Golden Gun, Arc Blade etc.

ocean

Banned
Is the game still showing that green "upgrade available" notification when you swap a weapon for an alt? Shit's so annoying.

If you can, use Found Versuct during Atheon phase.

Two shots detain shields and oracles on hard. You can reach all oracles in portals underneath them by aiming up.

I have one, its not fully upgraded though. Never really bothered with it, shotguns seem weak in PvE and I rarely play Crucible.

Homeboyd

Speaking of oracles and the best guns for it etc... someone on reddit said the SGA with the return to sender perk (or whichever one it is that returns ammo to the mag for missed targets) works really well for oracles b/c shots don't count as "hits" so it's always refilling your ammo as you're shooting oracles. Plus it's a lot better with the recent patch.

Can anyone verify this? That gun was so bad before, I'm scared to even touch the thing... let alone bring it along for a raid. Could be very useful if the above is true.

Steroyd

Is the game still showing that green "upgrade available" notification when you swap a weapon for an alt? Shit's so annoying.

Inconsistently, that said it hasn't popped up recently when I've taken weapons out of the vault, even if it does now you only need to just press preview once and the icon is gone, no more scrolling over all the bubbles.

realcZk

Speaking of oracles and the best guns for it etc... someone on reddit said the SGA with the return to sender perk (or whichever one it is that returns ammo to the mag for missed targets) works really well for oracles b/c shots don't count as "hits" so it's always refilling your ammo as you're shooting oracles. Plus it's a lot better with the recent patch.

Can anyone verify this? That gun was so bad before, I'm scared to even touch the thing... let alone bring it along for a raid. Could be very useful if the above is true.

Oracle thing is true, you can solo hard oracles with SGA with one clip. All hits on oracles count as a miss.
It shouldn't count as hits on Atheon either if fired out of the bubble, as anything fired out of the bubble counts as a "miss" (mulligan procs sometimes here if you've ever noticed :p). Have never tried it though.

phen0m24

We should all take RNG lessons from your kid. He got a Bad Seed Down as his NFall drop and I was like "man, wish it was exotic," and he was excited "actually that's the gun I wanted!" haha. Gotta love the positive attitude.

Dr thank you for running with him. He's pretty proficient with that VoC. I really appreciate it man!

And yeah his attitude is awesome. He was really psyched to get that BSD! I heard him say Ice Breaker. Lol he's heard me whining too much.

Thanks again.

Oracle thing is true, you can solo hard oracles with SGA with one clip. All hits on oracles count as a miss.
It shouldn't count as hits on Atheon either if fired out of the bubble, as anything fired out of the bubble counts as a "miss" (mulligan procs sometimes here if you've ever noticed :p). Have never tried it though.

I don't quite understand.... Are you saying if you're inside the relic bubble, all of SGA's shots will count as a miss?

k1t4j

I don't quite understand.... Are you saying if you're inside the relic bubble, all of SGA's shots will count as a miss?

No Lolli, what he is saying is that shots fired from SGA from the relic bubble do not register as normal hits, therefore they count as missed shots for the perk and return to your magazine.

EDIT: In short hits that hit but count as misses that actually hit the target and should not be considered as misses because they have in fact hit the target and not missed it entirely.

realcZk

No Lolli, what he is saying is that shots fired from SGA from the relic bubble do not register as normal hits, therefore they count as missed shots for the perk and return to your magazine.

This is what I was saying yes, sorry for the confusion / misunderstanding. The game should treat the shots as a miss but they still do damage against atheon, so they proc SGA's perk. Now the hard part is hitting Atheon :D

Feorax

Going to try running nightfall again now. Ive set my fireteam to open so people should be bale to hop straight in.

Still no mic im afraid, sorry about that.

PSN: MattIgoe (that's mattigoe, I not L)

realcZk

Music. Music to my ears.

In fairness though i thought everyone just goes into the SB cave for legions and ballerhorns :p

Apart from me. I'm Baller-less. Horn-less maybe?

We had a couple jujus on the team last night (me included) and we just went middle for legions and facetanked them with infinite juju ammo power (and supers on supers on supers). I think send it is best perk on juju if you can control recoil a bit. I stayed mid the entire time with juju for the gobs, hob gobs, and fnatics. Only thing I switched weapons for was minotaurs.

Yep, apparently they will but have never tried myself.

EDIT: In short hits that hit but count as misses that actually hit the target and should not be considered as misses because they have in fact hit the target and not missed it entirely.

Hmm... So if I'm playing with less experienced players and I wanna avoid having to ammo synth for gjallerhorn everytime we wipe then it seems SGA is the way to go...

Lima

This is what I was saying yes, sorry for the confusion / misunderstanding. The game should treat the shots as a miss but they still do damage against atheon, so they proc SGA's perk. Now the hard part is hitting Atheon :D

Not without the new stability no. It's almost half the bar now. It's pretty stable.

ocean

Banned
Inconsistently, that said it hasn't popped up recently when I've taken weapons out of the vault, even if it does now you only need to just press preview once and the icon is gone, no more scrolling over all the bubbles.
Glad to hear it's been fixed! It was so annoying. Just having to preview without going every bubble has always been like that though for the vault swap upgrade icons.

Lima

Woah, nice to hear. Gonna give mine a go soon.

The damage is still pretty low though compared to Ice Breaker or Ghorn. I'd say it's a fun weapon if you want to switch it up a little and not use the same standard load out every time.

It's also not guranteed that you get ported. I imagine the gun was better when we still could select the people that got ported. You could have had one dedicated oracle shooter with SGA.

Bottom line though is if you are having problems with taking down oracles I wonder how you even managed to get up to Atheon.

We had a couple jujus on the team last night (me included) and we just went middle for legions and facetanked them with infinite juju ammo power (and supers on supers on supers). I think send it is best perk on juju if you can control recoil a bit. I stayed mid the entire time with juju for the gobs, hob gobs, and fnatics. Only thing I switched weapons for was minotaurs.

Gawd i can't wait to get back home and try it out/level it up.

Mass Void Supers gonna be bombing all over the place :D

X-Frame

Time to max out Bad Juju, Thorn, and Super Good Advice.

Using SGA during Atheon sounds very interesting. I have a Gjallarhorn though so I don't know if it's worth a swap if all groups I've done it with group up in the relic bubble.

Bad Juju just sounds awesome for the Templar section. I also have a maxed Timur's Lash with Grenadier that refills the grenade cool-down so quickly against trash mobs. Though Super > Grenade so Bad Juju wins unless I need the exotic slot.

So many new possibilities!

The damage is still pretty low though compared to Ice Breaker or Ghorn. I'd say it's a fun weapon if you want to switch it up a little and not use the same standard load out every time.

It's also not guranteed that you get ported. I imagine the gun was better when we still could select the people that got ported. You could have had one dedicated oracle shooter with SGA.

Bottom line though is if you are having problems with taking down oracles I wonder how you even managed to get up to Atheon.

The good thing about SGA during Atheon is that even if you don't get ported, shooting SGA at detainment shields on HM also count as a miss, so either way SGA will be great.

realcZk

Gawd i can't wait to get back home and try it out/level it up.

Mass Void Supers gonna be bombing all over the place :D

Its definitely a fun gun now, with a lot of good use cases. I immediately switched out after confluxes for the oracle phase, because its just not great at killing oracles. I wanted my FB/VoC for some ranged oracle shots there. I'm not sure I'd use it anywhere else in the raid other than conflux phase. If Crota's End has a defense phase at the beginning against waves of thrall like we saw in the vidoc, it would probably be pretty damn useful for that phase too. Reloading can get you killed.

Time to max out Bad Juju, Thorn, and Super Good Advice.

Using SGA during Atheon sounds very interesting. I have a Gjallarhorn though so I don't know if it's worth a swap if all groups I've done it with group up in the relic bubble.

Bad Juju just sounds awesome for the Templar section. I also have a maxed Timur's Lash with Grenadier that refills the grenade cool-down so quickly against trash mobs. Though Super > Grenade so Bad Juju wins unless I need the exotic slot.

So many new possibilities!

Yeah that's just it. There's so much choice now which is what excites me the most.

I can pick to roll with whatever i feel lke that day and not feel handicapped by my choice.

gdt

Got the boots for my hunter so now I can ditch the iron banner boots that were holding me at 30.

That's about it from today's hard raid. Ship, time breaker 4, and energy from Atheon. Shame.

Got one more hard raid on my 29 Titan. She just needs gloves or helmet......

Its definitely a fun gun now, with a lot of good use cases. I immediately switched out after confluxes for the oracle phase, because its just not great at killing oracles. I wanted my FB/VoC for some ranged oracle shots there. I'm not sure I'd use it anywhere else in the raid other than conflux phase. If Crota's End has a defense phase at the beginning against waves of thrall like we saw in the vidoc, it would probably be pretty damn useful for that phase too. Reloading can get you killed.

Yeah that's understandable. I've not unlocked its bonus damage perk yet so i've got a bit to go with it before i use it in VoG HM.

Gonna enjoy it once i do though as i already enjoyed it before but it just felt terrible in regards to TTK and the constant reloading.

Also, stop playing Crucible with rando's, they're the worst. Me, steroyd and first yzenup then lordofpwn went 25-1 in skirmish yesterday, lots of fun.

I always play with rando's cos GAF groups are always full :'(

Then when i do play with Gaffers i play like shit >.<

Start playing with Rando's again and 14.0 K/D's galore. My chi is all fucked up.

Messiek

Hey guys,
I wanna raid on Crota's End day 1 , who's interested on doing that too ?
We would go though all Eris missions until she gives us the raid as soon as The Dark Below goes live.
Any
crazy destiny players like me
willing to do that?

X-Frame

Plan A: FV + GHorn
Plan B: IceB + CMeasure

When do you use Found Verdict? I assume not during Atheon portal runs and only during Templar? But even then isn't the lack of range hurting you from being able to damage more of them farther away?

Give me a reason to max my FV, haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
TDYK (and Hawkmoon for that matter) is good throughout the raid, but I felt my beloved like Hand Cannons just weren't adequate for Oracles and Detain fields on hard. I've been using AE even though I hate it, but now that I have a VoC that'll be the one.

I'm definitely interested in trying Super Good Advice out now too!

realcZk

When do you use Found Verdict? I assume not during Atheon portal runs and only during Templar? But even then isn't the lack of range hurting you from being able to damage more of them farther away?

Give me a reason to max my FV, haha.

Range might be a concern, but FV does have Send It... its a crazy weapon in PvP. Not sure if you'd have to jump for the oracles or not.

gdt

Hey guys,
I wanna raid on Crota's End day 1 , who's interested on doing that too ?
We would go though all Eris missions until she gives us the raid as soon as The Dark Below goes live.
Any
crazy destiny players like me
willing to do that?

Yep I'm here! I was gonna start putting day one groups together this Sunday. Hopefully the dlc unlocks at midnight Monday night....

Looking for 2 PS4 Guardians to run Hard Raid tonight, 830 CST

1) XplicitOne (30 Warlock or Titan if KillerDark is the only Titan)
2) KevvMan (29 Warlock)
3) KillerDark (30 Titan)
4) Ryctre (30 Hunter)
5)
6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom