• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, you were wise with backup exotics. Good luck!

Thanks!

Heh, guess we'll find out if we can remain "fun" doing hard mode without any cheesy templars. Could be interesting.

It will test our patient temperaments, to be sure. We have Colonel for comedic relief.

Bumping for new page.

The weekly FunRun™ team is looking for a level 30 to fill a high probability alt spot tonight.

HM @ 9PM EST.

1) scarletham
2) Hoodbury
3) X-Frame
4) Appletz
5) ColonelOfCorn
6) "coy" (maybe) - or you!

Our #6 spot hasn't gotten back to me, hence the high probability of the alt filling the spot. If I haven't heard from him by, say, 4PM EST, the spot will be officially yours.

Only requirement is a good attitude, and the aforementioned level 30 part

EL CUCO

Do you guys spec your subclass for Armor, Agility, or Recovery?

I've messed around with them a bit but I feel the differences between the 3 are so minor that I'm not sure which one to run with.

Coconut

Banned
Found my pvp mojo again after a few weeks of trailing.

Hunter. Double throwing knives. Golden Gun. Gunslinger's trance...

I mean, I miss my double mags and 4 Gjallarhorn rockets, but the flow you can generate with Hunter is incredible.

4eva Titan PvE, but pvp... Damn.
Get the Achlyophage Symbiote helmet and it'll add an extra round to the golden gun.

DesertFox

Finished my first hard mode raid last night and got Vex Mythoclast...

After seeing the discussion about that weapon not dropping for people, I almost feel bad for getting it the first time.

EL CUCO

Agi/Recovery for PvP, Armor for PvE.

Yeah I normally run Armor PVE but I switched it up a bit yesterday and felt like I was taking the same amount of damage with out armor bonus equipped :/

I wonder if anyone has been able to put some numbers to each skill and see what/if there is a tangible difference.

CornDogg

Last night RNGesus blessed me with raid boots and helm, so I can finally move past #Forever29.

I'll have to use Voidfang Vestments to get to 30, though, since I don't have the raid chest or Praxic Fire. Maybe Xur will finally grant my Praxic Fire wishes on Friday...

spyder_ur

If anyone is doing a hard raid tonight and would take a 29 (could go as either Titan or Warlock), I'd be in. Still have yet to find a group for hard. Maxed VoC, Horn, Hawkmoon, P&T, etc.

Otherwise, I'd love to join any normal raids as well.

But I feel like my, Epilogue, Ice-breaker, Swarm, trifecta shreds more ass and allows for more diversity. MAybe I'll sit and grind out some levels from the Gjalalalallahorn.

I use that set up in VoG (me so horn-less) and its a struggle in HM against Minotaurs if you are on portal watch, especially Venus side.

realcZk

I use that set up in VoG (me so horn-less) and its a struggle in HM against Minotaurs if you are on portal watch, especially Venus side.

epilogue is good for dropping void shields, unfortunately after that it takes too long to kill anything compared to pretty much any other weapon. not saying it can't get the job done, but there's almost always a better option. after one-shotting supplicants on hard with a vendor handcannon (TDYK), going back to my epilogue and shooting them for 5 seconds isn't pleasant.

epilogue is good for dropping void shields, unfortunately after that it takes too long to kill anything compared to pretty much any other weapon. not saying it can't get the job done, but there's pretty much always a better option.

I maxed out a Truth, which I use now on portal guard duty, drops Minotaurs faster, havent done VoG since patch but I am assuming Truth is that much better with 3 in the tube.

realcZk

I maxed out a Truth, which I use now on portal guard duty, drops Minotaurs faster, havent done VoG since patch but I am assuming Truth is that much better with 3 in the tube.

nice, truth is great against those baddies and 3 in the tube is an excellent buff. the awesome thing about truth is its massive blast radius, the praetorian and any goblins near it will be obliterated. epilogue woudnt be bad with truth for that phase, use the AE to drop the shields and truth to finish them off. what other primary weapons do you have maxed out?

I'm bored.

My Exotic/Raid wardrobe:

Warlock:. lvl 30
Helmet: Raid
Gauntlets: Sunbreakers
Gauntlets: Raid
Chest: Heart of the Praxic Fire
Chest: Voidfang Vestments
Chest: Raid
Boots: Iron Banner

Titan:. lvl 30
Helmet: Helm of Inmost Light
Chest: Armamentarium
Chest: Crest of Alpha Lupi
Boots: Raid

Hunter:. lvl 29
Helmet: Achylophage Symbiote
Helmet Knucklehead Radar
Helmet: Mask of the Third Man
Chest: Crest of Alpha Lupi
Boots: Why do you elude me?

Yeah I normally run Armor PVE but I switched it up a bit yesterday and felt like I was taking the same amount of damage with out armor bonus equipped :/

I wonder if anyone has been able to put some numbers to each skill and see what/if there is a tangible difference.

That was my rationale for switching in PvP - felt like it didn't make much of a difference so I might as well get a quicker recovery time.

I don't have any numbers, so it's all anecdotal, but I figure in a lot of fights it's worth playing it safe by squeezing out every last bit of armor.

EL CUCO

I tried AE maxed in HM Raid and it's a pea shooter. Really disappointing. Use anything else.

Some people say it's good for Oracles because it doesn't have a damage penalty, but I think someone on Reddit did the metrics and VoC killed them slightly faster.

The only time I ever use AE is for Nightfalls Void burn :/

Namikaze1

f2a0cc7f1c74bdfbdd7ea96f5bd2800226ca723e5a5f8dd77b4070cffc58b0fb.jpg

I tried AE maxed in HM Raid and it's a pea shooter. Really disappointing. Use anything else.
I agree. I brought my own once and immediately switched it to Suros or VoC.

ocean

Banned
Depends. It's the best primary for Oracle killing, and it makes quick work of the Conflux Minotaurs that spawn after left portal is done in Gatekeepers. I solo middle during that phase with AE and some occasional magnetic grenades. During Atheon it also let's me rip Praetorian shield on right to help the relic holder before I start oracle murdering. Granted, it's very situational and only works for certain roles but where it works it shines.

Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer (still need to upgrade this!) are significantly more useful for anything outside these scenarios however.

nice, truth is great against those baddies and 3 in the tube is an excellent buff. the awesome thing about truth is its massive blast radius, the praetorian and any goblins near it will be obliterated. epilogue woudnt be bad with truth for that phase, use the AE to drop the shields and truth to finish them off. what other primary weapons do you have maxed out?

TDYK as far as a Primary maxed Legendary (have Suro and Vex maxed but exotic slot). Havent had great weapon luck in VoG. Love a Fatebringer or VoC, no dice tho.

Coconut

Banned
epilogue is good for dropping void shields, unfortunately after that it takes too long to kill anything compared to pretty much any other weapon. not saying it can't get the job done, but there's almost always a better option. after one-shotting supplicants on hard with a vendor handcannon (TDYK), going back to my epilogue and shooting them for 5 seconds isn't pleasant.

the rate of fire feels pretty significantly high. might just be me but last night it did me pretty well but I haven't used it in hard mode so who knows.

realcZk

TDYK as far as a Primary maxed Legendary (have Suro and Vex maxed but exotic slot). Havent had great weapon luck in VoG. Love a Fatebringer or VoC, no dice tho.

TDYK is awesome man, treated me great in VoG hard mode until I got something "better". It's still a top tier handcannon.

Depends. It's the best primary for Oracle killing, and it makes quick work of the Conflux Minotaurs that spawn after left portal is done in Gatekeepers. I solo middle during that phase with AE and some occasional magnetic grenades. During Atheon it also let's me rip Praetorian shield on right to help the relic holder before I start oracle murdering. Granted, it's very situational and only works for certain roles but where it works it shines.

Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer (still need to upgrade this!) are significantly more useful for anything outside these scenarios however.

Yeah for conflux defending it's pretty sweet. My combo is one blast from my fusion rifle then 1/2 AE mag. It's quick enough that I can reload AE and switch back to my FR between them spawning and there's always ballerhorn to be my trusty back up

LiK

Didn't work well for Oracles in HM from my experience. I think my Suros and CM did a better job. I ended up switching it after Templar.

Having a super hitting a defender bubble in PVP should also cancel out it's after effects i.e. no more vortex effect if a Nova Bomb hits the Ward. Also being killed while in the process of using your super should be counted as having been used, not still unused upon respawn :/

realcZk

the rate of feels pretty significantly high. might just be me but last night it did me pretty well but I haven't used it in hard mode so who knows.

it should treat you pretty similarly in hard mode if you're level 30, but as a 29 the nerfs to your damage output are going to make it a LOT worse. 29s deal ~33% less damage to level 30 enemies.

Fistwell

Been using it for the same things, more or less. I'm always the designated stairs-man after we've picked up the first relic. I'm starting to think I might be better off rolling with a void light/beware fusion rifle for shields though, and use maybe shadow price as primary, which is probably better balanced for general use. AE does chew on oracles pretty damn quick though.

realcZk

Been using it for the same things, more or less. I'm always the designated stairs-man after we've picked up the first relic. I'm starting to think I might be better off rolling with a void light/beware fusion rifle for shields though, and use maybe shadow price as primary, which is probably better balanced for general use. AE does chew on oracles pretty damn quick though.

A void L/B or 77 wiz (higher impact than L/B) demolishes regular minotaurs. lots of fun for stairs defense on raid.

TDYK is awesome man, treated me great in VoG hard mode until I got something "better". It's still a top tier handcannon.

It is. Might be the best vendor weapon. Going to run TDYK, IB and Hezen Vengeance, and swap in Truth situationally. I do like AE for oracles, honestly never tried TDYK for them due to AE's oracle dmg buff.

Coconut

Banned
Having a super hitting a defender bubble in PVP should also cancel out it's after effects i.e. no more vortex effect if a Nova Bomb hits the Ward. Also being killed while in the process of using your super should be counted as having been used, not still unused upon respawn :/

Uh it does count against the super if you get killed while using it unless they patched it out. the only time it doesn't is when it's in the process of being engaged.

ocean

Banned
Didn't work well for Oracles in HM from my experience. I think my Suros and CM did a better job. I ended up switching it after Templar.
Never tried Suros there! I'll be sure to give it a try :) I try not to use heavy ammo on Oracles unless I absolutely must if we're being overrun or something. In my totally un scientific testing though the biggest difference in TTK for Oracles is how early you start shooting them once they spawn though. Getting them right away is significantly easier than downing an Oracle if you start hitting it a little while after its there.

Finished my first hard mode raid last night and got Vex Mythoclast...

After seeing the discussion about that weapon not dropping for people, I almost feel bad for getting it the first time.

The loot system is just so damn awful. If I get nothing new from doing the raid with my 3 characters this week I will be at 3 weeks with nothing new or good. Nightfall gave me nothing but energy and crappy legendary weapons this week.

The addition of all the new exotics and legendaries with the expansion and for everyone will really help the loot tables and hopefully provide some useful stuff. The main issue is that there is no real reward for the time you put in and your skill when it comes to the loot rolls. The game is overdue for a token system or for RNG to have a previous loot roll analysis or something.

The worst part is that the more stuff you get the harder it is to get the items you want. Especially from the raid. Disappointed they have only focused on the Cryptarch for loot changes and never the actual RNG system itself.

realcZk

It is. Might be the best vendor weapon. Going to run TDYK, IB and Hezen Vengeance, and swap in Truth situationally. I do like AE for oracles, honestly never tried TDYK for them due to AE's oracle dmg buff.

I've always used MGs for oracles if possible, they destroy them quicker than any other gun. If you have a corrective measure, even better. TDYK isnt great on hard mode oracles, neither is fatebringer with oracle disruptor. I would avoid using it on oracles unless you absolutely run out of heavy ammo. (or switch to AE + icebreaker during atheon).

Fistwell

A void L/B or 77 wiz (higher impact than L/B) demolishes regular minotaurs. lots of fun for stairs defense on raid.
Yeah I've used one now and then, and to great effect. Only problem is I like keeping my IB handy in that secondary slot. I should just switch it out during GK and bring it back for atheon.

LiK

Never tried Suros there! I'll be sure to give it a try :) I try not to use heavy ammo on Oracles unless I absolutely must if we're being overrun or something. In my totally un scientific testing though the biggest difference in TTK for Oracles is how early you start shooting them once they spawn though. Getting them right away is significantly easier than downing an Oracle if you start hitting it a little while after its there.

Not sure if Suros is still viable after they changed it again. But it worked pretty well for me in all my previous Raids. CM is definitely the best for me now with Oracles and Minotaurs.

I've always used MGs for oracles if possible, they destroy them quicker than any other gun. If you have a corrective measure, even better. TDYK isnt great on hard mode oracles, neither is fatebringer with oracle disruptor. I would avoid using it on oracles unless you absolutely run out of heavy ammo. (or switch to AE + icebreaker during atheon).

Corrective Measures, Praetorian Foil and VoC are the best weapons for Oracles in my experience.

Coconut

Banned
Not sure if Suros is still viable after they changed it again. But it worked pretty well for me in all my previous Raids. CM is definitely the best for me now with Oracles and Minotaurs.

the only place I found the Suros to feel effective is in PvP everywhere else it feels whimpy.

Drizz can my son pop on with you? My psn and he has his Thorn with Dot ready

We should all take RNG lessons from your kid. He got a Bad Seed Down as his NFall drop and I was like "man, wish it was exotic," and he was excited "actually that's the gun I wanted!" haha. Gotta love the positive attitude.

Steroyd

Wow, talk about slow on the uptake, didn't know Tess Everis, the vendor everyone went to once or 3 times ever depending on how many characters you made, is selling the trickster vehicle thing for 50 glimmer so now all my chars can play SSX.

UjlwWJy.jpg

3KA1rIA.jpg

I'm assuming season pass holders only though.

They also patched out that annoying green notification of nothing when you leave the central area, yay shows how much I explore the tower outside of Xur lol.

Zakalwe

Banned

If you can, use Found Versuct during Atheon phase.

Two shots detain shields and oracles on hard. You can reach all oracles in portals underneath them by aiming up.

Corrective Measures, Praetorian Foil and VoC are the best weapons for Oracles in my experience.

Corrective Measures maxed out allows me to take down oracles with 15 shots, it has a 100 round clip/magazine/whatever so I equip my ice breaker when I first get teleported and when I'm done with quick shots I switch to that and mow down the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom