• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Totally amazing OP, Hawkian. Very helpful.
Thank you! :D
Has anyone gotten voc drop from hm atheon clear? I've been waiting forever for voc drop doing hm raids but it's not happening. Could it be that voc only drops from regular atheon and when you do hm you get hm loot table times 2, which means you don't get a chance at voc...could this be true?
I got it from Hard gatekeepers (not having yet done normal that week)

Hah, yea, Normal raid is rather relaxing at this point. Such a far cry from when I first started.
In my first raid, my heart was racing and everyone went hog-ass wild when Atheon disintegrated :p

Now it's just business as usual and big sighs at getting shards.

Meet two people today using mics. First I've met in days.

First doesn't understand English. Fair enough.

Second sniffs the entire match and doesn't say anything. When I politely ask him to help with call outs he repeats what I said in a mocking tone and starts breathing heavy into his mic until I'm forced to mute him.

Ugh. I guess there's a good reason no one whats to use the public channels.

Yeah, I've completely avoided the public voice channels so far.

Let's not get crazy now.
Don't take it wrong, I'm so glad we can buy these things now. But when you mostly raid, and do weekly, marks are still a fair amount of work. And you cap 100 which is only 200 mats, good enough for barely over a whole leg/exo
I played a ton of IB the other week so capping at 100 per week is pretty lame, especially when you cap at 200.

LiK

Man, Glimmer and armor parts are like the main thing I need to upgrade my alts now. I keep running out. Taking forever to level them up.

Homeboyd

Second sniffs the entire match and doesn't say anything. When I politely ask him to help with call outs he repeats what I said in a mocking tone and starts breathing heavy into his mic until I'm forced to mute him.

lmao this is funny to me for some reason

Man, Glimmer and armor parts are like the main thing I need to upgrade my alts now. I keep running out. Taking forever to level them up.

Exclusion Zone all the way, you get tons of engram drops too and glimmer from all those majors, Keep using those resupply codes.

I took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to go from 280 glimmer to max, and get almost 100 hardronic essence.

ElRenoRaven

Yup. There is a reason people fled from voice chat to party chats or not using a headset at all. People are assholes. They do the shit you mentioned, they just spew some of the most vile shit, or they play with their tv or music blaring in the background. Who wants to fucking hear that? Apparently most people hence why they quit going into the in game chats.

noomi

Do you guys raid both normal and hard every week or can you only collect rewards from one raid per week no matter the difficulty?

I only do Hard Mode, which yields 2x the ammount of loot (normal+hard loot) can only do it once a week.

Or!

Do normal once, get loot. Do hard once, also get loot.

realcZk

Exclusion Zone all the way, you get tons of engram drops too and glimmer from all those majors, Keep using those resupply codes.

I took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to go from 280 glimmer to max, and get almost 100 hardronic essence.

2w7kReo.jpg

lol

Lol, I was just having the same problem. My Warlock is sitting at 0 hadronic essence and tons of available upgrades just laughing at me. I could jump 2 light levels if I had enough.

Guess I will try Exclusion Zone tonight

LiK

Oh yea, I keep forgetting about that place. I'll need to do that.

Steroyd

Okay so i do the daily and run past some old chest locations, and i can't help myself but peek my head in and collect chests while doing the mission, I think I need help. :(

Yep, it'll probably be about 6:30ish EST for you when I'll be logging on. I usually leave work at 6-6:10 EST and sometimes traffic is a pain.

honestrade couldn't make it today, but I definitely have other people trying for the bounty who will want to tag along.

Sounds good! No worries if you're late. I will be good until my raid group does our weekly thing at 10pm EST.

After two normal raids and two nightfalls I ended up with two chatterwhites, some ascendent materials, 7 strange coins, and Plan C...which I just bought from Xur. The loot drops in this game are hilariously bad for the work you put in. They can keep the randomness of the specific drop but you should be guaranteed weapons and armor. They're trying to make people play this for longer by making you repeat the same missions over and over just to maybe get that elusive piece you're missing but instead it's just pushing me further away from the game.

I realized the only reason why I play this still is because it's the only available shooter on PS4 with competitive multiplayer and co-op which are the two things I look for in my shooting games.

Congrats, Bungie. You win by default.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Yeah, 20000 glimmer/hour is totally in the realm of possibility using that farm,

The weekly FunRun™ team is looking for a level 30 to fill a high probability alt spot tonight.

HM @ 9PM EST.

1) scarletham
2) Hoodbury
3) X-Frame
4) Appletz
5) ColonelOfCorn
6) "coy" (maybe) - or you!

Our #6 spot hasn't gotten back to me, hence the high probability of the alt filling the spot.

Only requirement is a good attitude, and the aforementioned level 30 part

Dave_6

The weekly FunRun™ team is looking for a level 30 to fill a high probability alt spot tonight.

HM @ 9PM EST.

1) scarletham
2) Hoodbury
3) X-Frame
4) Appletz
5) ColonelOfCorn
6) "coy" (maybe)

Our #6 spot hasn't gotten back to me, hence the high probability of the alt filling the spot.

Only requirement is a good attitude

Damn, if only my Hunter wasn't a 29.

Anyone remember what Warlock Exotic was sold during Sarah Michelle Gjallarhorn Xur week? I was thinking about it and I am starting to think I passed on it for Apotheosis Veil. If so ima sad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, if only my Hunter wasn't a 29.
"only requirement is a good attitude"
What area during that mission? Bump up the difficulty or leave it at default?
The very first Combat scenario.

Basically, the gate opens, then use a resupply code, then kill lots of Cabal (particularly all the legionaries that are Ultras) and then let yourself die to the two phalanxes puttering around with them. A lot of people say to skip the first group altogether (if you run past, a ship will drop down the second group) and just kill the Ultras, but I think they're fine glimmer.
Anyone remember what Warlock Exotic was sold during Sarah Michelle Gjallarhorn Xur week? I was thinking about it and I am starting to think I passed on it for Apotheosis Veil. If so ima sad.
These guys have it logged
http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Xûr/Visit_History

That was back in the Sunbreakers era

Coconut

Banned
Why is every one obsessed with the Gjallahorn? I have one used it a few times and didn't like it more than my vanguard heavy machine gun with void damage.

Fistwell

I've raided with people munching on rice crispies with their mouth seemingly open and refusing to either eat in silence, mute their mike while eating like a pig, and/or just stop pigging out so fucking loudly already.

Lima

Sun breakers of course. Remember he sold it for three weeks straight when the game came out.

realcZk

Why is every one obsessed with the Gjallahorn? I have one used it a few times and didn't like it more than my vanguard heavy machine gun with void damage.

Gjallarhorn does obscene amounts of damage to single targets if all the wolfpack rounds hit. Obscene. Check this video out and I'm sure you'll understand the obsession (Atheon in 17 seconds on hard with 4 ballerhorns)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKEaGBHVW4

With the hypehorn, you can do the dps of the gods my friend. You are one of the lucky, the few, the OP. You don't even recognize your true potential. I hope this will change your mind, we need more fearless yolohorn spammers like yourself. Godhorn owners are obligated to bless the less fortunate with damage that trivialize PvE encounters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, to be fair, I did say level 30 before that. So I misspoke.

Only reason for that is that we already have two 29s, and I've heard Templar is a pain in the ass this week.
Wow I completely missed that first line, wasn't trying to call you out, lol!

I can understand that. 3 29s would definitely be doable but 4 30s would certainly give you some more breathing room.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sounds an awful lot like you haven't unlocked Wolfpack Rounds.

I don't know why you'd compare it to a void machine gun, there's barely any overlap in utility there at all :p
I don't even use exotic heavy weapons. I'd rather have my one exotic in a slot I'll use more often.
Gjallarhorn is one of the best possible usages of an exotic slot in quite a few advanced scenarios.
WTF, get off my back, Hawk!
lol now I'm going to stalk your raid and make sure everyone is treated equitably! ^_^
This week, that will change...

plzrngesusplz
I believe. What pieces do you guys need?

Hoping that Game Informer write-up on Dark Below shows up soon.

I really want to know the plan for keeping vanilla exotics relevant going forward.

Hoodbury

HM @ 9PM EST.

1) scarletham
2) Hoodbury
3) X-Frame
4) Appletz
5) ColonelOfCorn
6) "coy" (maybe) - or you!

Only requirement is a good attitude, and the aforementioned level 30 part

Heh, guess we'll find out if we can remain "fun" doing hard mode without any cheesy templars. Could be interesting.

Zakalwe

Banned
Found my pvp mojo again after a few weeks of trailing.

Hunter. Double throwing knives. Golden Gun. Gunslinger's trance...

I mean, I miss my double mags and 4 Gjallarhorn rockets, but the flow you can generate with Hunter is incredible.

4eva Titan PvE, but pvp... Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom