• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
I spent all week grinding my exotic weapons to full in anticipation of buying a shard this weekend and finishing them off. Jokes on me.

Resetting the progress sucks. What a weird decision.

Pickman

zi6YAjt.jpg

4MlBeuN.jpg

Strider

Other than the way they are handling exotic upgrades it sounds really nice.

I was gonna try and max my Truth by Tuesday... but uhhhh... nope.

What's fun about Destiny isn't leveling stuff, it's using the stuff you do have maxed. Idk why they think it's the opposite :(

Heel

I am going to document my escape from this treadmill of bullshit guised as a video game. I am not a religious man, but I will be praying for each and every one of you.

There are 5 customers ahead of you.

Why would you want to unless they also upgrade the Vault of Glass to have light level 32 weapons and gear, which I doubt they'd do since they want you in the new raid.

Come to think of it, will the Vault (much less Nightfalls and Tiger Strikes) drop 300 attack exotics or 320 attack?

I would think any that you receive/buy after expansion will be 320

purg3

slept with Malkin
It's sad I have to leave some legendaries behind. I've grown very attached to Corrective Measure and PR.

Yup, I've used my VoC and Corrective Measure almost exclusively since I got them. Some will probably still be good for PVP since weapon damage is normalized. So I guess they wont become completely usless.

Xur should also offer more than one weapon/armor upgrade per week and also it should not be randomized. It's all fun and games until he offers Universal Remote as an upgrade twice in a row.

Strider

This all but confirms that there'll be no upgrade path for legendaries too. So many guns getting sharded all at once.

Yea. I wouldn't care about replacing stuff if it came much later after launch, I've done it in other games. But damn it's been just 3 months and I only just now maxed some of these :(

Been away from the game for 3 weeks and solo'd Nightfall. Love that they finally dropped a Solar Burn amidst the Void, Arc, or no-burn cycle.

But now getting a tapir error code. Blargh.

Edit: Dammit, I did Weekly? No wonder why it was easy and enemies weren't in my face constantly (not to mention the lack of sponge shields).

We went through this 3 weeks ago and last night but yes, I, the former Disciple of the Hawk, dismantled 4 Hawkmoons one week. I got 3 from Tiger Strikes, and one from an engram. I dismantled them cause they were taking space.

We as in you and I, or we as in the thread - sorry if my memory is bad

Anyways that's unreal

Strider

Who else spent all their marks and glimmer on destination materials this week to upgrade stuff that needs to be replaced now? lol

fuck.

Namikaze1

We need that vault upgrade badly. Maybe tomorrow's update will make a mention of it.

Probably not
We need more space. While my armor vault just has one row filled, my weapons and everything else vaults are nearly completely full. I actually think the latter is full if I remember correctly.

exYle

So based of that GI article not sure how I feel about a few things they mentioned.

Raid weapons will now only drop on Hard Mode? So I'm assuming that Normal will drop armor pieces/Radiant Shards and Energies/ and maybe chances for Exotics?

Then that ties directly to upgrading Raid gear. Radiant shards and energies drop in the Raid, which can only be run once a week. So its' probably going to take forever to upgrade all your Raid gear. The article mentioned a possible exchange through Eris, but it didn't seem very clear to me.

There will be secondary and heavy weapons, and hopefully all of the armor pieces so you can get to level 32 in preparation for the hard raid

EL CUCO

What if exotic weapons reset but begin at 300 attack value? I dont mind if that were the case.
that'll never happen

The thirst for the DLC is real. I don't fancy having to start over on Ice Breaker but at least this re-grind only impacts exotics. My precious Raid weapons will stay strong. Well, VoC anyway, all the other weapon types have superior versions in Crota's End but VoC is the one exception. Truly the best weapon in the game for me :D This is also a silver lining to not already having a Ballerhorn, now when I get one, I won't have to upgrade it twice. I'm still wondering if the Dragon rocket will be better though.

Frenden

Banned
Yea. I wouldn't care about replacing stuff if it came much later after launch, I've done it in other games. But damn it's been just 3 months and I only just now maxed some of these :(

All those Lashes I rolled? Trash. Six Lash, ~60-80 motes to make them unique builds. That's what stings for me. I won't even get shards out of them.

Namikaze1

We as in you and I, or we as in the thread - sorry if my memory is bad

Anyways that's unreal
We as in the thread. Had people mad at me when I said I got four of them and that I dismantled them. Fig wouldn't talk to me for a while. Then again, she was teasing me over my lack of The Last Word at the time.

zewone

Xur should also offer more than one weapon/armor upgrade per week and also it should not be randomized. It's all fun and games until he offers Universal Remote as an upgrade twice in a row.

After 8 weeks of voidfang vestments, he's going to sell upgraded praxic fire non-stop.

gdt

Starting over on my favorite exotics....thats little tough yeah. But its not the end of the world really. They don't even use ass mats anymore.

Very stupid it will be random and weekly. Could take months and months before you at able to get all your exotics to the higher leveling path.

We will be still waiting for Xur to get us an exotic we are waiting for come House of Wolves. Mark my words.

Trakan

So when exotics do drop post expansion, do they drop the old shitty ones? After you get your most desired weapon, you can't even upgrade it until Xur comes around to give you the better version?

This all but confirms that there'll be no upgrade path for legendaries too. So many guns getting sharded all at once.

It sucks that PvE players get shafted on weapons. All the nerfs so far have been to address PvP and buffs to correct the always over-nerf take forever for PvE. And now PvP players can continue to use all the fun legendaries they have without issue. But PvE players see their entire inventories outdated every 3-4 months.

To be clear, I'm fine with expansions making old stuff outdated, but every 3 months is way too fast. I just got Praetorian Foil. I hate the idea of seasonal legendaries.

Thank God, Bungie is at least making Exotics always worthwhile, even if their proposed method (Xur decides what you can upgrade, upgrades reset your progress) is one I'm not looking forward to.

Lima

What if exotic weapons reset but begin at 300 attack value? I dont mind if that were the case.
that'll never happen

It's not the attack rating being reset that's the problem. It's the perks of the guns.

Most exotics are just shit legendaries until you get their perks. A vanilla Ghorn without Wolfpack is just a standard RL.

The thought of a vanilla TLW scares me. That shit stability.

Strider

Starting over on my favorite exotics....thats little tough yeah. But its not the end of the world really. They don't even use ass mats anymore.

It's not the materials that bothers me... It's the experince needed. It's over 200,00 per exotic weapon. That is a lot of bounties.

The game doesn't need to be this grindy. We should be able to upgrade all the exotics we have in a reasonable time frame.

After 8 weeks of voidfang vestments, he's going to sell upgraded praxic fire non-stop.

Oh fuck me, I'm going to have to start over with Praxic... I guess I can go back to the Raid chest in the meantime, thank god I didn't scrap it. Oh well, if you really get XP faster it should be easy enough to max it out especially as you don't even need shards anymore.

Lima

I'm sure this has been asked, but why couldn't they have just added another damage node?

This would be preferred by many I think.

Or if you give Xur a fully leveled weapon, some glimmer and an exotic shard you also get a fully leveled weapon back like you know any sane person would expect.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The grind is real, brehs. Holy shit.

I wonder if vanguard commendations are retroactive. I doubt Bungie would be that generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom