• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
I try not to be doom and gloom and falsely proclaim taking my ball and going home often, but resetting a vault full of exotics (through RNG opportunities to boot) is fucking dumb.

Daemul

Starting over on my favorite exotics....thats little tough yeah. But its not the end of the world really. They don't even use ass mats anymore.

I still don't get the ass mats change. Those of us who raid every week are drowning in them, I myself have over 400 ascendant shards, there's was no need to change the system, it was working perfectly fine due to the way the raid rewards were set up in favour of you getting ass mats.

zewone

Oh fuck me, I'm going to have to start over with Praxic... I guess I can go back to the Raid chest in the meantime, thank god I didn't scrap it. Oh well, if you really get XP faster it should be easy enough to max it out especially as you don't even need shards anymore.

You don't get XP faster.

What the article is refering to is that exotics are easier to upgrade because there's less bubbles and no need for ass mats.

Namikaze1

Dear Xur,

Voidfangs one last time please. I need two for future stuff. But if you're going to sell Heart of Praxic Fire, I'll buy 3.

Definity

Fuuuuucccck.
I just fully upgraded a couple exotics recently. Don't think I can survive this grind if Xur resets my progress on my beloved hawk moon. I really hope the XP gain is much faster on exotics in the DLC.
Edit:
No xp gain on exotics? Ugh.

Frenden

Banned
Hopefully Xur sells upgrades by class (Handcannon Upgrade like he does telemetries), or the PS4 exclusive weapons are screwed, ha. Ugh.

nowai

So we can only upgrade the exotics that Xur is currently allowing that week?

Watch the first weapon he allows is the ballerhorn and then he will actually sell it the following week. Only to never allow the upgrade again.

I'm also forseeing only allowing upgrades for Armamentarium, Void Fang Vestments and Sunbreakers.

BuzzJive

I think given alternatives, the option to bring Exotics up to level 32 seems nice to me. What options are people wanting here?

1) Exotics that are maxed to 300 are forever stuck at 300.
2) Exotics that are maxed to 300 get a free/nearly free bump to 320.
3) Only new Exotics can be maxed to 320.

Maybe I just haven't maxed out enough of my Exotics (1 of 6 - heh) to be enraged by this.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My bounties and sanity is Ready!

Time to level up everything! all over again!

Let's Do This!

Ok, I guess sitting on my vault full of zero XP exotics won't be such a bad thing. Hilarious how in the course of three days I went from, "eh fuck this, too much farming, no desire to play Destiny." to, "oh shit! Farming is dead, lets level up these fucking weapons, woooooooooooooo." to now, "fuck this, I am not playing Destiny for now, I don't want to double level everything."

One step forward, two steps back. Well done Bungie. It should only reset the last upgrade column, resetting the entire exotic is idiotic.

Trakan

I think given alternatives, the option to bring Exotics up to level 32 seems nice to me. What options are people wanting here?

Maybe I just haven't maxed out enough of my Exotics (1 of 6 - heh) to be enraged by this.

The smartest and most logical option is to put another node on the existing exotic. Even if it took 200k XP, it'd be fine. No RNG involved, no wasting any time, no grind, no waiting on an NPC that only shows up once a week.

Frenden

Banned

I don't consider retaining the time or effort already put into a gun, or the newly plopped down strange coins to purchase the upgrade, as free or nearly free.

Ding ding ding

If it was one or two more circles I wouldn't have minded.

Zocano

Huh...

That exotic upgrade is exactly what I thought they should do regarding older weapons.

Instead of letting them be obsolete, they're just adding a route to buff 'em.

And seeing as how this is an MMO, just putting a flat upgrade to everything would be silly.

nowai

Wait, what?

"Here’s how it works. Upgrading exotic weapons and armor is completed by interacting with the weekend vendor, Xur. When he arrives every Friday morning, he will now have a new option to upgrade one of your equipped exotic items. Each week, he’ll offer some (but not all) exotic items as being available to upgrade."

Am I reading that wrong?

Lima

Most people would expect that as mentioned in the article if you turn in a 300 Ice Breaker, 7000 glimmer and an exotic shard that you get a 331 Ice Breaker back. Not a vanilla Ice Breaker without any upgrades.

"Here’s how it works. Upgrading exotic weapons and armor is completed by interacting with the weekend vendor, Xur. When he arrives every Friday morning, he will now have a new option to upgrade one of your equipped exotic items. Each week, he’ll offer some (but not all) exotic items as being available to upgrade."

Am I reading that wrong?

Nope, I just wasn't reading it closely enough. Goddammit.

Trakan

You know how annoying it is that Xur never sells anything good already?

Imagine you fucking OWN the weapon already but you're just waiting for Xur to "allow" you to upgrade it.

Strider

The smartest and most logical option is to put another node on the existing exotic. Even if it took 200k XP, it'd be fine. No RNG involved, no wasting any time, no grind, no waiting on an NPC that only shows up once a week.

200k? That's almost the same exp we need to redo the whole thing. 50-75k is fair.

rNilla

You know how annoying it is that Xur never sells anything good already?

Imagine you fucking OWN the weapon already but you're just waiting for Xur to "allow" you to upgrade it.

Or you only have 250 glimmer and need to get 14000 to reset the armor and weapon of the week.

Daemul

Most people would expect that as mentioned in the article if you turn in a 300 Ice Breaker, 7000 glimmer and an exotic shard that you get a 331 Ice Breaker back. Not a vanilla Ice Breaker without any upgrades.

What Lima said

Hiko

Banned
I think I'm putting away this game for a few weeks. Did the hard raid for the second time and still got jack shit. Just ass materials and a sniper and sparrow I already had. Meanwhile others were getting Corrective Measure and raid helms. I even saw a dude get Hawkmoon. Huge waste of time.

nowai

Nope, I just wasn't reading it closely enough. Goddammit.

Ya, so watch him only offer the upgrade to ice breaker or ballerhorn once ever. People will have to be on their game to not miss it.

It's even worse than normal RNG, because at least you can still have a chance at drops NOT sold by him. Now Xur really will have (ahem) the last word in regards to maxed out exotics.

Zakalwe

Banned

Would have been a much neater and fairer solution.

This is just convoluted and frustrating.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

izZ7jNX0Q1mAZ.gif

I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation to have, especially given how much XP it takes to upgrade exotic weapons.

EL CUCO

Ya, so watch him only offer the upgrade to ice breaker or ballerhorn once ever. People will have to be on their game to not miss it.

It's even worse than normal RNG, because at least you can still have a chance at drops NOT sold by him. Now Xur really will have (ahem) the last word in regards to maxed out exotics.

...nice one

But yeah, the RNG just got upped a multiple.

Lima

I think the thing that pisses me off most about this is why introduce the exotic shards a week before the DLC hits without communicating this stuff to the player base. Why make them waste their exotic shards?

You don't even have to add a node. Just have it reset the last three nodes. So you turn in your 300 Ice breaker to xur, he hands it back, the last three nodes are reset, but your attack is still 300. Now you just earn the last nodes over again and get to 330. That is far simpler.

Edit:
Oh crap. This sucks.

The way I am reading this is that Xur will sell like the "helm exotic upgrade" or the "primary weapon exotic upgrade" each week. Not a specific upgrade item per weapon. Hopefully there are at least three different items per week. But knowing xur, it will be gauntlet upgrade item 4 weeks in a row.

Am I reading that wrong?

Oh crap. This sucks.

EL CUCO

I think the thing that pisses me off most about this is why introduce the exotic shards a week before the DLC hits without communicating this stuff to the player base. Why make them waste their exotic shards?

Yup. This is big stick in our ass.

Some COMMUNICATION would be nice.

Ambitious

And I would be fine with that. 7000 glimmer is painful, but hey, at least my weapons would be perfected again.

But resetting all upgrades? Throwing away those dozens of bounties, millions of XP, hundreds of materials, and making the I don't know how many hours I've spent on this a complete and utter waste of time? Fuck off.

Is it fair to say that we're basing a lot of this off of a GameInformer article written in early Nov and the game could've changed since then?

Scenarios like this one make me wonder if perhaps not all is as it seems.

Of course, I wouldn't put any of this past Bungie.

zewone

You don't even have to add a node. Just have it reset the last three nodes. So you turn in your 300 Ice breaker to xur, he hands it back, but the three nodes are reset, but your attack is still 300. Now you just earn the last nodes over again and get to 330. That is far simpler.
That's exactly what I had imagine.

This fucking luck of the draw reset is so stupid it didn't even enter my mind as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom