• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrmint

Something I've been thinking about. I wonder how they're going to do a catch-up mechanic for those not 29-30 in the expansion. I'd be surprised if they make new players or under-geared players do VoG to gear up for the new content.

My guess is the new strikes will drop light 27 gear. We'll see though.

Hiko

Banned
I gotta say, I think I do agree with the people who are against Xur selling exotics. It kinda cheapens them. I've got some legendaries that can't be bought that feel more "exotic" than most of the actual exotics.

I gotta say, I think I do agree with the people who are against Xur selling exotics. It kinda cheapens them. I've got some legendaries that can't be bought that feel more "exotic" than most of the actual exotics.
I don't understand this elitist attitude in a game where RNGESUS reins supreme. Seems like people are pissed because they're not a special snowflake anymore when Xur sells an exotic that they earned through RNG. The player who buys exotics from Xur has earned the same right by playing the game and gaining strange coins.

Lima

Alright Destiny. I'm off to play this new Borderlands Telltale game. I expect that it still runs like ass because hey Telltale right and it's short so I promise I'll be back soon.

Greenymac

I don't understand this elitist attitude in a game where RNGESUS reins supreme. Seems like people are pissed because they're not a special snowflake anymore when Xur sells an exotic that they earned through RNG. The player who buys exotics from Xur has earned the same right by playing the game and gaining strange coins.

I can agree on this. Makes no sense.

Hiko

Banned

I'm not saying they didn't earn it. Just saying it doesn't feel exotic if you can just buy it from a vendor. As soon as it's sold, even if for a limited time, it becomes common.

kidko

Blink is not that easy to use. It disorients me worse than when someone else uses it against me. I'm perfectly fine with other people using it. Takes legit practice

maomaoIYP

HAHAHAHAHA
8 coins from the nightfall. Thanks for nothing RNGesus.

edit:
Blink is not that easy to use. It disorients me worse than when someone else uses it against me. I'm perfectly fine with other people using it. Takes legit practice

Are you a warlock or a hunter? Blink actually works in the exact same way as glide, the timing of your second jump button press determines the trajectory. The direction you head towards is the same as the one you were heading towards during your first press. Expert users can time it so that they always land behind the opposing player.... and the only counter to it is to jump/blink away.

Shito

No. Me and one other 28. The hardest part is just the decoding part. After that it's just cheesing. It takes a while because of low level but I have maxed weapons and all.
Yep, spent more than an hour soloing that first part, after that it's smooth sailing.
Lost a looooot of time on those asshole knights. I was trying to use arc weapons to break their shield, when void weapons does quite the same job thanks to the burn, and can destroy them after the shield is down.
Still, not a fan of this strike...

Bungie should have made Xur sell exotic weapon engrams instead. That way, everyone has a guaranteed exotic weapon, but it wont be the same thing as everyone else. Maybe SUROS wouldn't be getting nerfed if it didn't become so common in PvP

Loot system needs more consistency.

Bungie should have made Xur sell exotic weapon engrams instead. That way, everyone has a guaranteed exotic weapon, but it wont be the same thing as everyone else. Maybe SUROS wouldn't be getting nerfed if it didn't become so common in PvP

It's a good point. You mean exotics would remain "exotic"

Shito

Maybe SUROS wouldn't be getting nerfed if everyone didn't buy it and use it in multiplayer.
Would have been worse: only a select few would have had access to an OP weapon.
Either a weapon is too strong for pvp and needs to be nerfed, or it's not -- how many people have the weapon is irrelevant.
I get that you're saying people wouldn't have bitched that much, but leaving an OP weapon you can only get by being lucky is actually worse than everyone having it and it being nerfed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm just one level away from getting my alt to join normal raids. Then I get a chance to get goodies twice a week!

Would have been worse: only a select few would have had access to an OP weapon.
Either a weapon is too strong for pvp and needs to be nerfed, or it's not -- how many people have the weapon is irrelevant.
I get that you're saying people wouldn't have bitched that much, but leaving an OP weapon you can only get by being lucky is actually worse than everyone having it and it being nerfed.

The rate at which it becomes available exacerbates the problem. Bungie knee-jerk nerfed the Mythoclast because it was suddenly common due to cheesing. Wouldn't have happened as quick if it was as rare as it was supposed to be.

Am not debating whether or not weapons need tweaks, but I'm not a fan of Bungie's "no fun allowed" knee-jerk patches. Not only is their approach inconsistent, but it's the kind of thing they should have been doing to the sandbox in the alpha and beta.

Sullichin

Of course now that I'm at a point where I'm swimming in strange coins and have an alt that can get more every week, there are now precious few exotics from Xur that I don't have and fewer still that I actually want. But I'll buy anything I don't have at this point.

Currently in the market for a good legendary primary. I have TDYK and Timurs maxed, and several exotic primaries maxed, but want something that's not a handcannon. I don't have any raid primaries unfortunately. Only weapon that ever drops for me in the raid is Found Verdict.

I guess I'll buy Shadow Price again? Ugh, it's so ugly.

edit: I didn't miss patch notes did I?

GhaleonEB

Went ahead and preordered the pass, since I'm well sold on the first expansion. The Sparrow is a lot of fun. Been seeing quite a few other players rolling with it as well. Probably an effective marketing hook. It worked!

void666

Banned
Finally got the warlock raid helmet!
Now i can wear vodfang or praxis fire or sunbreakers. Don't need to use that ugly apotheosis veil to stay 30 anymore.

Jinjo

Xur is actually the only consistent loot mechanic in the game. Everyone gets access to the same stuff. Your solution actually makes it less consistent.

I like the idea of exotic weapon engrams though.

Xur is actually the only consistent loot mechanic in the game. Everyone gets access to the same stuff. Your solution actually makes it less consistent.

I like the idea of exotic weapon engrams though.

it was a thread on reddit a while ago that suggested his loot table was random so that the rarity of exotics wouldn't be devalued. i think it also has the unfortunate byproduct of making unbalanced weapons appear more unbalanced than they are by increasing their availability.

Konosuke

So this just happened...

We decided to try a 5 man flawless raid because our 6th dude didn't show up. We were at Templar checkpoint and a random dude from our friendlists joined us. We forgot to put the fireteam to invite only. We managed to kick him before he spawned dead. Dinklebot didn't even say "Guardian down", so we continued.

4 out of 5 managed to clear the platforms successfully and the last one was mid air when he was hit with error code "canary". So we got back to orbit and regrouped, we spawned with the Gatekeeper checkpoint and we were able to clear the rest flawlessly.

But no trophy showed up...We are proud in ourselves, but gutted.

I think it was due to the person who joined us and we kicked. Bungie.net shows him with 0 kills, assists and k/d ratio. He's not online so he can't tell me if he has a death registered.

It was our 5th day of attempts and one of the worse ones too.

ocean

Banned
So this just happened...

We decided to try a 5 man flawless raid because our 6th dude didn't show up. We were at Templar checkpoint and a random dude from our friendlists joined us. We forgot to put the fireteam to invite only. We managed to kick him before he spawned dead. Dinklebot didn't even say "Guardian down", so we continued.

4 out of 5 managed to clear the platforms successfully and the last one was mid air when he was hit with error code "canary". So we got back to orbit and regrouped, we spawned with the Gatekeeper checkpoint and we were able to clear the rest flawlessly.

I think it was due to the person who joined us and we kicked. Bungie.net shows him with 0 kills, assists and k/d ratio. He's not online so he can't tell me if he has a death registered.

If you leave to orbit and come back I believe you can't get the trophy.

Deku Tree

So this just happened...

Flawless requires beginning to end completion without going to orbit. So...

edit: beaten.

Ambitious

I hope Xur sells exotic chest engrams tomorrow. I realized I don't have a single one of them, just helmets and gloves. I've got 75 motes, so I could buy three of them.

Lima

I had read on OT10 that we should return to orbit if someone dropped suddenly...

No he just can't come back. You need to continue without him and can still get the trophy then.

Also wow who just joins a raid? This happened to us too last week when we played a 5 men hard raid and someone joined us on our 2 men raid run too. Like what the fuck people don't just join random games.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i'm so stuffed :D
For future reference Hawkian, what qualifications do you have or are looking for when it comes to people wanting to do the newb-friendly normal raid?
Here is part of Hawkian's post regarding the raid:
Thanks coy!

I should have probable mentioned in that, but also, er, Level 26. :p 27 will make it much easier on you, but 26 is fine.
Hawkian, I'm reassessing my Gunslinger's perks right now. What's to prefer, armor (Way of the Fearless) or recovery (Way of the Nomad)?
So, in PvE at least, for every class (with the possible mehhh exception of Fireborn Sunsingers), armor armor armor armor all the way. Every perk you can have that increases armor, choose. The reasoning here is that agility and recovery are useful in various ways, sure- but death is the ballgame, and there's no "kind of dead." If you can take one more hit and survive, especially if you're for example the last guardian standing in a Nightfall, that can save the entire run. Now, Sunsingers that can come back to life have a little more leeway sure, but this mostly holds true across the board.

In PvP, recovery is amazing and potentially more valuable (if you survive a fight, being able to recover health quickly is extremely important compared to PvE. However, personally I don't bother switching those perks when making the switch over to the Crucible and just stay maxed armor. It's up to you.

i'd rock chain of woe and gunslinger's trance if i didn't depend on throwing knives so much. 1 shot with a hand cannon + throwing knife is the most satisfying thing ever.
Yeah, when I'm rocking my Pocket Infinity build, fusion rifles can't crit so I can run Gambler's Dagger and Knife Juggler/Incendiary Blade... sooo good. CoW/GT are outstanding traits to be sure though.

Walking my doggie and then I'll start sending out invites for our raid!

lunlunqq

Raid? Any raid groups going on now? I need my daily raid fix! Lvl 30 Titan. PSN: lunlunqq. Contact me if you are raiding tonight.

areal

1. Santa (PrivateWHudson)
2. Colonel Phen0m
3. Hyunsai
4. deafmedal
5. areal_US
6. Coy(quettish)
7. Rudolph (iRawr)

And DONE! 6 plus an alt is more than I could ask for. iRawr, we'll be thinking about you, and if someone drops I'll spam you with invites until you join.
I'm very sorry but I'm going to have to pass. Something has come up that I can't postpone. Hopefully you can find a sixth to make up the numbers.

Strider

What control schemes do you guys use? I switched to Bumper Jumper not too long ago.. I feel it's definitely the better control scheme compared to default.. but damn I do miss melee on R1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom