• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahahahah 20 pages before xur. smh. what's wrong with you people.
What control schemes do you guys use? I switched to Bumper Jumper not too long ago.. I feel it's definitely the better control scheme compared to default.. but damn I do miss melee on R1.
Puppeteer. I do like Bumper Jumper for Titanfall with the more Mirror's Edge-esque scheme. Crouch on R3 melee on R1 feels very very good to me though.
What level do you have to be for normal raid? My alt is now 27.
26, we've brought a 25 through without major issue.

edit:sending out invites now, sorry for the delay guys.

We actually still need one, I didn't see any takers for the open spot we lost! Come learn or come halp! Post PSN for right now

1. OPEN
2. Hawkian
3. JeRkY
4. Dave_6
5. the_log_ride
6. Sh0g0nai27

Konosuke

I don't know who wrote that but I believe it's wrong. I just found this...

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2nkznc/flawless_raider_guide/

Well, now I know for sure. At least we know we can do it. Not sure if we could have beaten Gatekeeper with just 4 people, but sounds less stress inducing than those platforms. I was responsible for a wipe there today, such a bad bad feeling, so on the second attempt I was sweating really hard but fortunately made it stick. It's the true raid boss for sure.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay so I'm good for normal raid with my 27 Hunter and 30 Titan for hard.

What hunter jumping ability is best for the platforms? The Titan has the jetpack and high jump thing which makes it easy to do. Hunter doesn't seem to have that.

ocean

Banned

Puppeteer. I do like Bumper Jumper for Titanfall with the more Mirror's Edge-esque scheme. Crouch on R3 melee on R1 feels very very good to me though.

We actually still need one, I didn't see any takers for the open spot we lost! Come learn or come halp! Post PSN for right now

1. OPEN
2. Hawkian
3. JeRkY
4. Dave_6
5. the_log_ride
6. Sh0g0nai27

Still need one? Let me know and I'll open Destiny.

lunlunqq

1. OPEN
2. Hawkian
3. JeRkY
4. Dave_6
5. the_log_ride
6. Sh0g0nai27

I really want to raid with you Hawkain, but this is the newbie normal raid right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still need one? Let me know and I'll open Destiny.
I really want to raid with you Hawkain, but this is the newbie normal raid right?
either of ya'll would be welcome- this is indeed intended for newbies but everyone is welcome; it's a good opportunity to try anything you might not be comfortable with anyway.

Ocean, you have first dibs if you want in

edit: actually I don't know if the_log_ride is online, might need both!

ocean

Banned
either of ya'll would be welcome- this is indeed intended for newbies but everyone is welcome; it's a good opportunity to try anything you might not be comfortable with anyway.

On my way!

lunlunqq

Ok. sending you FR. PSN: lunlunqq

Haybro

Okay so I'm good for normal raid with my 27 Hunter and 30 Titan for hard.

What hunter jumping ability is best for the platforms? The Titan has the jetpack and high jump thing which makes it easy to do. Hunter doesn't seem to have that.

I always use triple jump for my hunter

X-Frame

Tomorrow = xur gjallarhorn day !!!

I hope it's Plan C personally.

But I have a feeling it'll be Thunderlord, in which case I'll let all Gaffer's know it's an absolute monster but try and convince everyone else it's just slightly better then a normal Legendary HMG so that they don't buy it. ;)

What control schemes do you guys use? I switched to Bumper Jumper not too long ago.. I feel it's definitely the better control scheme compared to default.. but damn I do miss melee on R1.

been jumper since day one. being able to jump and aim without missing a beat is important. grenade is well placed on the right bumper and it also maps my melee to the right stick, which lets me aim and melee simultaneously. crouch is still in an awkward location, but i've rarely benefitted from ducking under something like a sniper.

it's the best scheme IMO, but i wish i could map Sprint to something else. never liked it on the stick, and the fact that i have to replace my controller because L3 is busted is proof enough.

Strider

Bumper jumper since day 1 and never looked back :D

Halo player confirmed :p I was using that in MCC and it was part of the reason I switched in Destiny. Easier to switch betwen the two games that way.

Yea R3 melee is the worst part of Jumper for me at least. I find it awkward. Wish R3 was crouch and O was melee instead.

been jumper since day one. being able to jump and aim without missing a beat is important.

Ultimately the biggest reason I switched schemes. Taking your hand off the right stick to jump and losing that control can get you killed a good bit. There's been some times I know I would have died if I was still using default controls.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Xur is not random. Deej said it.

So they're actually dropping Armamentarium and Voidfang Vestments in there every week on purpose?

ibaprtGpIZtjmB.gif

Madness

dv2nHNd.jpg

Damn DestinyGAF going though a lot of OT's. Probably will surpass Halo by the end of next year. But Halo has definitely had more OT's than that, because it's like the 24th Halo community OT overall but numerically only 21. Plus each game like Halo 4, MCC has had its own OT as well. Once Destiny 2 releases, you'll also have a game specific OT and a larger community one spanning it all.

HighOnPCP

dv2nHNd.jpg

Damn DestinyGAF going though a lot of OT's. Probably will surpass Halo by the end of next year. But Halo has definitely had more OT's than that, because it's like the 24th Halo community OT overall but numerically only 21. Plus each game like Halo 4, MCC has had its own OT as well. Once Destiny 2 releases, you'll also have a game specific OT and a larger community one spanning it all.

game is dead though hype is over rip

HighOnPCP

I think it will be there. I need this thing before the nerf. Black Friday would be perfect for this.

No man I've been disappointed too many times now. Especially as a Warlock.
Also they should not nerf Gjallahorn at all. It represents being an exotic weapon almost the best out of all other weapons (Ice Breaker too of course) It's a super powerful rocket launcher which takes up your 1 spot for an exotic weapon, it should be amazing and that goes for all other weapons too. Instead of nerfing anything they shuld start BUFFING the weaker weapons imo.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Xur's stock being handpicked kind of kills my Ballerhorn hopes. They'll probably throw Truth up a bunch of times again if people want a launcher.

Sofa King

Also they should not nerf Gjallahorn at all. It represents being an exotic weapon almost the best out of all other weapons (Ice Breaker too of course) It's a super powerful rocket launcher which takes up your 1 spot for an exotic weapon, it should be amazing and that goes for all other weapons too. Instead of nerfing anything they shuld start BUFFING the weaker weapons imo.

You won't get an argument from me on any of this.

Sullichin

They should buff Truth. I always hear it's great if you don't have Gjhallahorn, which might be true if you have absolutely horrible aim. The damage isn't incredible. I don't see why you should use it in PVE.

shem935

Banned
They should buff Truth. I always hear it's great if you don't have Gjhallahorn, which might be true if you have absolutely horrible aim. The damage isn't incredible. I don't see why you should use it in PVE.

Void damage does wonders on minotaurs. Good replacement if you don't have corrective measure.

SharkJAW

Since Xur isn't random, where do I go to beg Bungie to put Red Death or Gjallarhorn back up?
Also looking to hard raid 2x preferably from oracles onward, if possible. PS4: SharkJAW

Lima

Can I use the horn instead then? I've seen people use launchers.

No it doesn't work.

Assuming the Templar cheese hasn't been fixed by the time the DLC releases you could push him off with Dragon's Breath since that leaves a solar flare like the solar grenade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom