• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Had an amazing game of Skirmish on the Burning Shrine map with my newly outfitted hunter. The other team was sneaking forward at the start and I got the drop on them with a trip mine and some hawkmoon. Got a 20 kill streak which is my record. One of my deaths was from my own tripmine grenade which I didn't realize would kill me. God damn Hawkmoon is so good. I can't wait for Thorn to return to glory though.

LordofPwn

There's a material cap?
200 for planet mats, then it fills up another slot, all other upgrade mats don't have one. And I store all my mats in the vault.

Dude don't give in to bungies farming game. Just farm for your favorite gear. No one should have to do that. Just like no should have made 3 hunters to get to level 30 faster.
I go in order of what I like most first. No way in hell I'm upgrading everything all the way before they fix mats and exotics. Especially when relic and helium are my most needed (my 2 least favorite to farm). And my list includes duplicates like ice breaker, gjallarhorn, Suros, Vex, last word, and patience and time.

Sullichin

200 for planet mats, then it fills up another slot, all other upgrade mats don't have one. And I store all my mats in the vault.

I go in order of what I like most first. No way in hell I'm upgrading everything all the way before they fix mats and exotics. Especially when relic and helium are my most needed (my 2 least favorite to farm). And my list includes duplicates like ice breaker, gjallarhorn, Suros, Vex, last word, and patience and time.

Leveling duplicate exotics is god damn crazy. Someone needs to come take this game away from me when I start doing that.

Ghazi

Holy carp... This is totally pointless, and I will absolutely only do it this way from now on. At least for the weekly, this is plausible and could really speed it up (nightfall, you'd be dead instantly).
Well, if void burn isn't on then you'd be fine, for a nightfall. Also, note how he had a Titan friend stand there and distract Phogoth, so maybe you could do it on the nf if a friend can keep aggro?

Tbh, I have a feeling you can do this with Aksor as well, but have never tested it.

I let my brother borrow my PS4 for a few days so that Destiny won't distract me from my school work in the final weeks of the semester. The Dark Below couldn't have come at a better time My last day of school is the 11th so I'll be able to hop back on and jump right into the DLC. It's a good thing too since except for Hawkmoon, Thunderlord and The Heart of Praxic Fire, I already found all the exoctics and legendaries that I wanted.

Quick Thoughts on Fatebringer: Very fun to use, but not as good as The Last Word in my opinion. Getting headshots with this thing in PVP and taking out two guys at once because of the explosive headshots is hella fun, but due to the lack of stability the iron sights take a while to restabilize, forcing you to take more time in-between shots, which effectively lowers your rate of fire and increases your time to kill. This makes the gun feel like a novelty in PVP as your begin to feel at a disadvantage when appraoching most firefights. Alternatively, I love using the thing in PVE.

LordofPwn

Are you guys doing this Friday? If you are I will have to pass :/ have a friendsgiving at 7:15ish pm EST.
SATURDAY! i updated my post. Can you make it?

Leveling duplicate exotics is god damn crazy. Someone needs to come take this game away from me when I start doing that.
I was blessed with 2 G-Thangs and ice breaker, all of my alts should have one because the vault is annoying.

No you don't understand! I neeeeed 2 maxed icebreakers! For reasons!
Exactly!

Hyun Sai

Thanks for the run guys, got a third thread of hezen lords but also Corrective measure and Timebreaker !

I feel like I'm doing crap damage compared to normal though...

Arrrammis

Well, if void burn isn't on then you'd be fine, for a nightfall. Also, note how he had a Titan friend stand there and distract Phogoth, so maybe you could do it on the nf if a friend can keep aggro?

Tbh, I have a feeling you can do this with Aksor as well, but have never tested it.

Hmmm, Aksor needs to be tested... I feel like it would be very easy if you could lure him onto the top platform (above the original cheese spot), he might just walk over the railing. On the other hand, he'll probably just teleport away before he dies.

Ghazi

Hmmm, Aksor needs to be tested... I feel like it would be very easy if you could lure him onto the top platform (above the original cheese spot), he might just walk over the railing. On the other hand, he'll probably just teleport away before he dies.
I got the idea when my group led him to the edge of the area directly to the left of where you enter the arena, while fighting him. It's those stone pools where you kill some Vex before the boss fight. Iirc it is just a simple edge off the map, no railing or anything. So that's not even necessary.

thanks Hawkins for guiding us in that Thanksgiving Raid,

scored myself The Last Word and Atheon Epilogue, woot

I am still wishing for a chest armor, maybe next time
If it makes you feel any better, Radiance isn't thaaat much better with it equipped as long as your build already has 100% Discipline. If you have a low discipline build it's more noticeable though.

for PVP, Voidfang rocks for re-spawning with full grenades

HighOnPCP

Ok calling the Xur line-up for real this time:

Titan: Helm of Saint-14
Hunter: Knucklehead Radar
Warlock: fuck you
Weapon: Plan-C
Engram: Chest

So that'd be week 6 or so where I don't buy anything besides the Engrams.

I'm approaching 250 coins.

I want to make a kill Atheon in 9 seconds and the instructions are "bring him to almost dead, then start shooting him." And show a video of the last 9seconds of an Atheon run.

Midas

Got a legendary engram from nightfall yesterday. Worst loot ever for me, haha. Sometimes it feels like it isn't totally random after all. After I've got lots of exotic stuff from nightfalls, the drop rate has dramatically decreased...

GUARDIAN LORDS HARD RAID SATURDAY @6PM EST/3PM PST (Bungie Time)/11PM GMT with Twitch Broadcast

1.) Todd360
2.) LordofPwn
3.) Fig (maybe?)
4.) Boguester (perhaps?)
5.)
6.)

Let's fill up the lineup. I'll try and find out from the previous thread on who was interested first.

Yeah, I can confirm for sure that I'm down for it. All the family will have left town by then. Can't wait!

Edit: Also, holy cow, only 2 hours to Xur-time! Hooray! Thunderlord, Saint helm and Praxic fire please!

phen0m24

SO so so so glad I didn't give up on our HM run tonight with Private Hudson
(Gatekeeper was kicking my butt and I burned all my heavy ammo)
. After a week of total crap drops, the squishy Hunter came home with:

1) Fatebringer
2) Hunter boots
3) Shattered Vault Cloak
4) Vision of Confluence
5) Aspect of Glass
6) shards and energy

still in shock

Mattiator

Shattered Memory Fragment is pocket infinity, which most will suggest since it is very good.

I personally will still stand by super good advice which you will get from A Voice in the Wilderness

Thanks I was torn but went with pocket because I had the fusion rifles saved up from seeing all the quick grab fusion rifles.

Schwabe

Best week in Destiny so far ....

tuesday: ass energy raid
wednesday: fatebringer, mythoclast
thursday: flawless raider

i'm happy :D

Steroyd

This will be my first Xursday where Xur can't dissapoint me, because I know he won't sell what I want, because Sony exclusive marketing deal. ^_^

:(

Thanks I was torn but went with pocket because I had the fusion rifles saved up from seeing all the quick grab fusion rifles.

Pocket Infinity is crazy good in PvP, even though I know you don't do much Crucible. If you had the FRs already saved up then I definitely think this was the right bounty to do.

SGA is... a really easy bounty to complete. I have 4 of them gathering vault dust in the hopes that breaking down exotics after the expansion will give you exotic upgrade material.

So i finally did a normal raid run with some of my buds and some newbies, everything was ass, my titan is sad, she does not have a single piece of armor yet, but hey, it was fun, and quite smooth run for first timers.

Did the last Nightfall too, my reward, more ass (8 shards)...at least now i almost have enough ass to level up my Warlock´s armor and reach 30, that´s good i guess.

So i finally did a normal raid run with some of my buds and some newbies, everything was ass, my titan is sad, she does not have a single piece of armor yet, but hey, it was fun, and quite smooth run for first timers.

Did the last Nightfall too, my reward, more ass (8 shards)...at least now i almost have enough ass to level up my Warlock´s armor and reach 30, that´s good i guess.
You could just call them shards.

LordofPwn

My friend just got back in town and everyone are a bunch of last min planners. So something might pop up...I will def know for sure tomorrow night.
I can Put you down as a maybe
GJALLAHORN
Did I spell I correctly this time?

GJALLARHORN

Yeah, I can confirm for sure that I'm down for it. All the family will have left town by then. Can't wait!

Edit: Also, holy cow, only 2 hours to Xur-time! Hooray! Thunderlord, Saint helm and Praxic fire please!
Yay, i'll take off the perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom