• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
GMYTqFU.jpg

6PCs44O.jpg

It's pretty nice.

Sh0k

What are the best weapons to use in the Nightfall this week? I've tried a fully upgraded Ice Breaker, Void Praedyth's Revenge, Arc Patience and Time and a combination of almost fully upgraded heavy weapons, but I'm struggling to bring down the shields from the Knights and Wizards at the beginning of the level .... help please :(

Midas

I am not looking forward to grinding for rad shards now :-\

I don't know how "spoiler" sensitive people are...

You can "buy" them from Elsa. You can see her inventory in the viddoc. Not sure how much they'll be though, maybe 10 regular energies/shards? We'll know soon enough.

EL CUCO

Burning Shrine. Best map.

Is that map not in the control playlist?

Felt like all I played during IB and even last night on regular Crucible was Blind Watch, the other Mars map, Shores of Time, and...the "ugh" of them all Twilight Gap

LiK

Is that map not in the control playlist?

Felt like all I played during IB and even last night on regular Crucible was Blind Watch, The other Mars map, Shores of Time, and...the "ugh" of them all Twilight Gap

No Control. Only on 3v3 matches. I wish there was a larger version for Control.

What are the best weapons to use in the Nightfall this week? I've tried a fully upgraded Ice Breaker, Void Praedyth's Revenge, Arc Patience and Time and a combination of almost fully upgraded heavy weapons, but I'm struggling to bring down the shields from the Knights and Wizards at the beginning of the level .... help please :(

Honestly I two handed it with a mate, my fully upgraded Arc 77 Wizard to take down the shields and his IceBreaker to kill the knights, and then both of us hammering IBs for the wizard rush at the end of phase 2 and 3. Not sure how I'd have soloed that after the patch though, even without Arc burn those wizards are not taking prisoners

realcZk

Finishing off Phogath in the nightfall with nova bomb is so satisfying. The first time I tried it my whole team came out of the doorway to watch. I jumped up in the air... L1+R1

COME ON AND SLAM, AND WELCOME TO THE JA- AAHAHAUAUHAUHHHRHHRGGH!

i was decimated mid-air by phogath's laser beam of void death just as i was about to release my beautiful ball of space magic
my teammates were stunned and instantly died as well, the beam traveling through my lifeless body into their faces... back to orbit we went rofl

felt like a fool. got him the next time though. nova bomb does so much dmg.

Strider

Burning Shrine would be too small for control. B would be a clusterfuck.

I do think it would work for clash though and wish it was added.

Deku Tree

Can anyone confirm for me that going into the DLC I should use all of my ascendant shards/energies?

No. Nobody can confirm anything like that for you. But there will be a game informer article coming out that is supposed to explain very thoroughly how everything will work in the Dark Below.

Deku Tree

Anyone up for an oracles to Gorgon's maze HM cheese? I have the checkpoint and I want to go through it with my Titan (he still has no raid gear, and he can do the cubby hole part). I am offline now but I will turn on PS4 as soon as some people express interest. I can start as soon as we have people. PS4 DekuBleep

I'd be up for it. Don't really wanna do gatekeeper/Atheon but would love a chance at fate bringer and the chests.

Just me and you? Anyone else up for a quick oracles to Gorgon's maze HM cheese? I want a shot at some raid gear for my Titan.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

No. Nobody can confirm anything like that for you. But there will be a game informer article coming out that is supposed to explain very thoroughly how everything will work in the Dark Below.

Gotcha, thanks.

CM with Field Scout is insane. I can outgun so many guys. Finally maxed it last night.

Yes, CE, especially during IB, is an amazing gun. Made the 10 kill streak bounties a breeze.

Bladelaw

I would gladly trade one of my 3 corrective measures for a Fatebringer...sigh.

Hoping my Titan's raid can get me Vision of Confluence. It's the only normal mode drop I have left.

DjRalford

Anyone noticed more special chests when farming?
This morning i farmed each planet for an hour, though my runs I got 12 blue engrams, 2 legendaries, 6 strange coins, 4 shards, 2 energies, along with a load of ammo synths.

On top of all that I ended up with almost 150 of every material.

LiK

This morning i farmed each planet for an hour, though my runs I got 12 blue engrams, 2 legendaries, 6 strange coins, 4 shards, 2 energies, along with a load of ammo synths.

You're lucky

realcZk

I feel like there's been a slight increase in mat spawning rates since the 1.0.3 patch. Don't think it was listed anywhere as an official change but it just feels that way.

RickD

Does anyone actually do the nightfalls without using the "Cheese" spots? Seems like Phogoth would almost be impossible (at least for my feeble skills) to do normally.

Also, really don't like the changes around making Solo Strikes harder. I had an hour to kill this morning before dropping my Daughter at the child minders and going to work, so attempted solo'ing the Heroic for the 9 coins. Just keep getting raped by the wizards, even with a Maxed Ice Breaker and being level 29. It feels like I'm level 27 rather than 29 :(

Luckily I managed to get a pair of Destiny friends together for the Nightfall yesterday, but we had to hide in a cheese spot to do it.
Hopefully should be able to do it before Xur Shows up. I know as soon as I don't have the required number of coins, that Ballerhorn will show up.

The weekly FunRun™ VoG Normal running today at 9PM EST.

Need one more. Wouldn't mind an alt or two, either.

We are all going to join a clan together to get the trophy for completing the raid with your clan. Be willing to do this...

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) mupod
4) X-Frame
5) appletz
6)

coy

So sexy, welcome to the club. Now just need that Bittersteel and that one New Monarchy shader.

I need these Dead Orbit shaders! Also, which New Monarchy one? Gotta look up the name. I just got Frostfire this weekend and it is real nice.

Great OT, Hawkian!

I feel like there's been a slight increase in mat spawning rates since the 1.0.3 patch. Don't think it was listed anywhere as an official change but it just feels that way.

I feel the complete opposite... Keep getting far less mats (on every planet except moon for some reason)

coy

We are all going to join a clan together to get the trophy for completing the raid with your clan. Be willing to do this...

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) mupod
4) X-Frame
5) appletz
6)

I get home at that time and would love the trophy.

PSN: coyquettish

Edit: I also keep missing out on the Flawless chatter. Deku or anyone else setting up a team (or two if interest is there), hit me up if a spot is available I'd appreciate it.

I get home at that time and would love the trophy.

PSN: coyquettish

You're in, thanks!

Wouldn't mind an alt or two.

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) mupod
4) X-Frame
5) appletz
6) coyquettish

I agree with this for all mats except spin metal. That is still torture for me.

Haybro

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) mupod
4) X-Frame
5) appletz
6)

You can put me down as an alt after coy.

PSN: Haybro_

CM with Field Scout is insane. I can outgun so many guys. Finally maxed it last night.

It's a beast. Never have to reload in PvP, and it wrecks Oracles and Praetorians. I think people don't like that I'm rocketless in raids because I can't just lob a rocket at that one Praetorian in the right portal, but it's worth it since that means I can use FB instead of AE for the whole raid.

You're in, thanks!

Wouldn't mind an alt or two.

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) mupod
4) X-Frame
5) appletz
6) coyquettish
I think you guys can easily join this one http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/429327
doesnt need admin approval I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom