• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the sound of hawkmoon is discernible from quite a distance, and its rounds lacerate the very soul of its enemies. it is a finely crafted weapon gifted by RNGesus to only the most distinguished brotherhood of guardians

MildSoss

El Cuco, here. Resident GAF Guardian. Formerly a memeber of #Forever29, recently graduated to #Finally30. You can mark this one in the books. Hobs in the Hard Raid OHK anything under 30.

Hell, and while we're on topic, a Hob in the Normal Raid OHK'd me today as a 26

Good day :)

Yup, seen this happen quite a bit to level 29's when they run into the gate keeper room.

Dante316

the sound of hawkmoon is discernible from quite a distance, and its rounds lacerate the very soul of its enemies. it is a finely crafted weapon gifted by RNGesus to only the most distinguished brotherhood of guardians

Lmao, agreed, just watchout for pitchforks from people.

My jealousy grows. Even if I have to do tiger strikes til my hands bleed, I'll get a hawkmoon

lupin23rd

You'll be okay at 29, you just do less damage than you would at 30. You're comfortable with the mechanics and you have a maxed VoC and ice breaker so you're definitely ready for HM.

This is good to hear, I'm in the same boat (love that Void Light/Beware) and thinking of giving the hard mode raid a shot @ 29. Hopefully someone will be running a "newbie hard mode raid run" sometime soon if my usual crew bails out of hard (although two of them just hit 30.... grumble).

HighOnPCP

As a long time Hawkmoon user and lover I have to admit Fatebringer is better in PvE.
The headshot explosions are just too good like the blast radius seems better than Ice Breaker explosion and also more damage it seems. Shooting groups of like 10+ people just kills them ALL I love it. Plus it's only legendary so Ice Breaker, Gjallahorn, whatever still available.

In PvP I need my bird though

Heel

Selling 15 minutes with the hawkmoon via share play, $15 PayPal. Taste excellence, devour the darkness one clank at a time. Please pick up any spirit bloom you see.

All fun and games until you look away briefly and they've erased your Hawkmoon, never to be seen again.

realcZk

As a long time Hawkmoon user and lover I have to admit Fatebringer is better in PvE.
The headshot explosions are just too good like the blast radius seems better than Ice Breaker explosion and also more damage it seems. Shooting groups of like 10+ people just kills them ALL I love it. Plus it's only legendary so Ice Breaker, Gjallahorn, whatever still available.

In PvP I need my bird though
I absolutely love my fatebringer and I hope we see more of its goodness bestowed upon us as we push further into the dark below...outlaw and firefly are a pretty dope combo

This guy gets it.

I need to start making Last Word gifs...

one from the other day

y42YPL.gif

rNilla

TLW is just so much damn fun. It quickly became my go to in Iron Banner after completing the auto rifle bounty each day.

Rainmaker

Banned
Anyone looking to do the full hard mode raid? My first time on hard (in case you missed my last post). Level 29 Titan. Can't seem to get into one with anyone from LFG.

Patch Speculation Mode Activated!

So this was the big list of promises Bungie made to us in the November 7th Weekly Update and what has been delivered:

Here are some things we’ve mentioned:
-Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish OUT
-Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade PENDING
-New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary PENDING - Was this the Iron Banner gear?
-That which waits in The Dark Below December 9th

Here are some things we’ve kept secret, until now:
-New shaders for your gear - Is this just the shaders Eva rotates through now?
-Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer OUT
-Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces OUT
-Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow Not sure what this is - The Crucible map changes?
-New economies to equip you with upgrade materials PENDING
-Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions Ongoing fixes
-Some other tricks up our sleeve The tumbler sparrow?
-Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch
(he’ll still be sort of a bastard) PENDING

I want the farming/economy changes more than anything. I hope there is more to the new shaders than an update to Eva's inventory. I am also hoping we get a Thursday Weekly Update that has the exact release time for The Dark Below, along with possible preloading if needed, along with all the details we will need such as story mission level caps, strike playlist details, if Xur will rotate with the new stock, if the weeklies will change, if you can do VoG and CE in the same week and many other little details

Anyone looking to do the full hard mode raid? My first time on hard (in case you missed my last post). Level 29 Titan. Can't seem to get into one with anyone from LFG.

I'm a 29 hunter and I need to do the hard raid as well. If we can get 4 more we're set. A couple of 30's wouldn't hurt

TLW is just so much damn fun. It quickly became my go to in Iron Banner after completing the auto rifle bounty each day.

i think i recorded my reaction the first time i got a kill with it in crucible. something along the lines of "holy shit, did i break the game?"

Patch Speculation Mode Activated!

So this was the big list of promises Bungie made to us in the November 7th Weekly Update and what has been delivered:

I want the farming/economy changes more than anything. I hope there is more to the new shaders than an update to Eva's inventory.

they arena thing was in reference to updating the crucible maps. the most obvious changes are seen on blind watch.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'm a 29 hunter and I need to do the hard raid as well. If we can get 4 more we're set. A couple of 30's wouldn't hurt

I will do a full hard raid if we can't get enough for the Atheon checkpoint. Not sure about my friend. Level 30 Defender Titan.

PSN Tokunbo.

Strider

i don't have TLW skill on it yet, but so far i think it's overrated. the animation is distracting and there isn't enough ammo on it. maybe for 1v1s it's the king, but beyond that it's just for show.

Wrong x1000 :p

I was gonna call you out right then but figured the crucible was a much safer place without you rolling with TLW lol You came around though.

Wrong x1000 :p

I was gonna call you out right then but figured the crucible was a much safer place without you rolling with TLW lol You came around though.

dammit, i knew you were looking for this post.

i only used it like 6 times in pve when i posted that. i didn't want to bring it into crucible until i leveled up its stability, but its sheer uselessness in pve lowered my expectations.

for future generations, don't do what i did; don't use the last word on cabal.

MildSoss

dammit, i knew you were looking for this post.

i only used it like 6 times in pve when i posted that. i didn't want to bring it into crucible until i leveled up its stability, but its sheer uselessness in pve lowered my expectations.

for future generations, don't do what i did; don't use the last word on cabal.

Haha, that's exactly what I said too when i tried using it on mobs. "This thing is garbage!" Then i repent my ways once i saw how great it is in PVP.

Haha, that's exactly what I said too when i tried using it on mobs. "This thing is garbage!" Then i repent my ways once i saw how great it is in PVP.

it's funny because even without the skill it was still wrecking in pvp. wish i noticed the error of my ways sooner. i was juggling between fatebringer and hawkmoon in crucible a week ago and last word was just warming the bench in my inventory.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Tonight's Hawkmoon quest ends like all the others. I do have twelve pairs of Nemesis Plane boots if anyone needs one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom