• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

With more content coming at the least Saturday/Sunday/Monday won't be so dry for those who have completed all the weeklies. Doing Vault of Glass and Crota's End 3 times a week each will be boss.

Yeah deleted my second hunter so I can make a warlock and titan. Never gonna do that again. Grinding to lvl20 is a pain, don't think I even finish the story mode for my warlock and titan. I played crucible to rank them up from lvl14ish

Yeah I'm way too lazy to level that many times. Respect your patience, though...

Seems like a lot of work for that

i like hunters more than the other classes so i don't consider it "work"

I mean yeah you're right...but it seems minimum fun.

on the other hand, playing one i don't like just to have 3 of each class is a chore. i grinded my warlock to level 7 and i don't have much desire to go further. i'd sooner make 3 hunters before i maxed out this class.

i think i'll just delete her and make a titan instead.

Serious question, why do you people have 3 of the same class

3 Chances for raid armor, easier to do nightfall on all 3 if all I have to do is switch armor to have them all be the same high level. I don't have the time to deal with RNG for a Titan and Warlock when my Hunter is getting screwed by RNG.

Like Zoba said, playing a Hunter for me is fun. I don't want to have my gaming become a chore. Like if I was playing Dragon Age, if I want to play a mage and have great armor for it I wouldn't want to play a rogue at any point.

Ghazi

Well, damn. Everyone got mats? Or did any other armor drop?

I can remember specific drops from the last one, everyone was really pissed off about it. Three people got just shards and energy. Me and another dude got the hm raid ship and shards/energy. Another dude got the timebreaker and the hm ship.

e: I did get a Found Verdict on a previous nm run though, but that's really the only drop I've gotten from all three raids this week. Two being hard and one on normal.

Agent

Running someone over with the sparrow in the crucible is so satisfying. It is one of those moments where you wish you could hear what the other person says when it happens.

UBdNI6q.gif

HighOnPCP

Do you have 3 Warlocks? I have 3 Hunters. Welcome to the trifecta of shame

yup, I thought about making a Titan and a Hunter but just the thought of leveling all the gear up etc. learning the new mechanics of those characters made me cringe. maybe one day though for now it's 3 easy level 30's lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Posting my Exotic Weapons collection:

Missing:

Hawkmoon
Univerisal Remote
Gjallahorn
Thunderlord

So many of the exotics that I already have still have zero experience in them...
With my luck the next non-duplicate exotic weapon that I'll get will be "Univerisal Remote" (the worst of the ones I'm missing). Why do 3/4 of my missing exotics need to be some of the best ones?

That's funny, we have the exact same exotic set. I just dismantled my second Truth tho.

Replay? You beat it already? Wow impressive. I just got the game and I'm taking it slow so when my semester ends I can focus a lot of my time into that game. I have too many games to play at the moment but the one game I just keep on wanting to go back to and enjoy is Destiny. . I just need Bungie to allow me to enjoy the game.
80hrs is my first play through. Still haven't done everything yet. Working on killings the dragons now.

Ghazi

Posting my Exotic Weapons collection:

Missing:

Hawkmoon
Univerisal Remote
Gjallahorn
Thunderlord

So many of the exotics that I already have still have zero experience in them...
With my luck the next non-duplicate exotic weapon that I'll get will be "Univerisal Remote" (the worst of the ones I'm missing). Why do 3/4 of my missing exotics need to be some of the best ones?
Where have you found the best luck in getting the drops? I still haven't had any, yet. I want some!

deafmedal

I can remember specific drops from the last one, everyone was really pissed off about it. Three people got just shards and energy. Me and another dude got the hm raid ship and shards/energy. Another dude got the timebreaker and the hm ship.
Thanks for the info *thumbs up*
Theory won't mean squat if speeders and loading screens are included... still wanna try tho!

forrest

formerly nacire
I have two hunters and I'm working on a warlock for the subclass achievement. Can't decide who I will delete to roll my titan . Love having two hunters.

yup, I thought about making a Titan and a Hunter but just the thought of leveling all the gear up etc. learning the new mechanics of those characters made me cringe. maybe one day though for now it's 3 easy level 30's lol

Agreed. God it was terrible playing through all of the story for all 3 characters for me though. .the second play through was just horrible and I pushed through. The third one. . god, I think I was drowning myself in alcohol just to deal with how much I hated the story.

3rd Hard Raid finished this week and finally got Vision of Confluence!!!!! So happy especially considering I got only shards/energy and dupes for the past 2 weeks. Now I just need a Titan chest this next restart week and all will be 30 by DLC :D

Agreed. God it was terrible playing through all of the story for all 3 characters for me though. .the second play through was just horrible and I pushed through. The third one. . god, I think I was drowning myself in alcohol just to deal with how much I hated the story.

You don't have to play through all the story. You can play just enough to advance you to the next Planet. But you can easily hit 20 by just doing bounties and never leaving earth or moon. But yea, definitely boring doing all the story missions again especially if you've played a lot of daily missions for shards/energy towards the first month+ of the game.

Ghazi

Thanks for the info *thumbs up*
Theory won't mean squat if speeders and loading screens are included... still wanna try tho!

Give it a shot, I have a history of being extremely unlucky, so it may have been that. It's certainly still possible. I've been in raids where people have hit the jackpot with both a helmet and a mythoclast. So...

You don't have to play through all the story. You can play just enough to advance you to the next Planet. But you can easily hit 20 by just doing bounties and never leaving earth or moon. But yea, definitely boring doing all the story missions again especially if you've played a lot of daily missions for shards/energy towards the first month+ of the game.

I heard that I didn't have to complete it all but I was worried that something could get bugged for future DLC if I don't finish all the main missions with stars. It was honestly. . so horrible. God Bungie. I am not even exaggerating. . I tried bribing friends to play the story for me.

I heard that I didn't have to complete it all but I was worried that something could get bugged for future DLC if I don't finish all the main missions with stars. It was honestly. . so horrible. God Bungie. I am not even exaggerating. . I tried bribing friends to play the story for me.

Yea that's true. Hopefully not though!

Anyone need to do nightfall or weekly?

Strider

Are people still getting random invites in the tower? I think one of these days I might join the blueberry for fun.

Happened to me all the time when the game first came out. Then it stopped for a while once level 30s were in the tower with me and I was 29. Now that I'm 30 I've started getting invites again lol

HighOnPCP

yeah it was tedious as fuck. but I had some friends who helped me/created secondaries and thirds themselves so it wasn't that bad I guess.

deafmedal

Give it a shot, I have a history of being extremely unlucky, so it may have been that. It's certainly still possible. I've been in raids where people have hit the jackpot with both a helmet and a mythoclast. So...
That's what prompted this idea, my buddy got a hat and mytho on his first clear, right before the cheese was cut, heh. Pretty sure he was the only one who got rewards in that run.
Seems like someone always gets armor or a gun, but without numbers, it's just a guess. Even if one person is guaranteed to get armor or a gun, you'd still need five other people to run it without reward, and the piece of armor/gun would still be random.

Crucible and bounties are by far the best ways to level up a new character. Created a titan and took him straight in at level 2. Hit level 15 before I even left old Russia and then I was able to run heroic mode for bonus XP. By the time I got to Venus, he was getting 6000xp per mission because I'd broken through level 20 and had Armamentarium and purple gloves n helm waiting for him. Just opened up Mars and I'll be running each mission at 28 for 7500xp.

I've joined some randoms in the Tower before. It never ended well.

I did it once, and immediately knew there was a problem.

Him and his buddy asked me to help them with Nightfall. They just sat back and I ran in clearing stuff. After a minute or two it was obvious neither of them planned to fire a shot.

Message to me at that point "do this for us, you're 30"

Good luck fellas. buh bye.

Him and his buddy asked me to help them with Nightfall. They just sat back and I ran in clearing stuff. After a minute or two it was obvious neither of them planned to fire a shot.

Aaaaand that's why you don't do serious stuff with blueberries.

Edited for autocorrect lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So I just couldn't handle getting NOTHING from the two Nightfalls I ran and the 4 Nightfalls before that...made a third warlock and got her to 30 today. Did the Nightfall and BOOM

a purple scout rifle

iWPPRCiaFiljn.gif

Nightfall rewards have reached joke status for everyone I play with. If I wasn't desperate for Hawkmoon and Ballerhorn, I'd probably stop running them.

New Raid is confirmed to be level 30. Eris is confirmed to sell legendary armor that can get you to level 31. Crota's End Raid open day 1. Crota's End Hard Raid might be level 33 (even though you can only get to level 32).

So 32 will still be rng, and there's a chance you will never be appropriately leveled for the hard raid? For me, right now the drive to get 30 is so I can run the hard raid without everything feeling like a sponge, and my toon being a China doll. I don't know if I'll be all that interested in grinding to 32 just to still get one shot killed by sniper vandels.

I'd rather it be harder due to complex mechanics than stronger mobs.

rNilla

I joined a group that was at Atheon (or maybe it was Gatekeepers) and had no idea whatsoever how to proceed. It was too late and I was too many beers in to try to explain it to them. I have no idea how they made it that far.

I had one strike team chat experience that was pretty bad and haven't turned it on since.

As far as I'm concerned it might as well not even be there. I am so used to not being able to talk to whoever I end up with on a strike playlist. When I do remember it's there, I turn it on and no one else has.

But people got what they wanted, I guess..

realcZk

As far as I'm concerned it might as well not even be there. I am so used to not being able to talk to whoever I end up with on a strike playlist. When I do remember it's there, I turn it on and no one else has.

I feel ya, the only time I'd like to talk to anyone is to talk strategy, and anything that requires strategy doesn't really have matchmaking, so... (not implying that I think raid should have matchmaking because I don't)

It's nice for PvP though, especially modes like Skirmish when people actually use it. Playing as a team in that mode and having some coordination makes a big difference, even if you aren't as skilled as the other players.

seems like a case of too little, too late to me. i feel like anything significant they add will be so long as the expansions cost money. unless they're that optimistic about the holiday boom...

Future

Now that I know every cheese spot in every strike and since no strike requires any real teamwork it's easy to ignore. Maybe it will be useful in the dlc

Now I wish I could chat in the open world though through some proximity thing or something. I'll be soloing a mission and run into a random in a public area doin the same thing like a champ... Damn I wish it was easy for us to temporarily communicate and party up and get it done

Lima

So 32 will still be rng, and there's a chance you will never be appropriately leveled for the hard raid? For me, right now the drive to get 30 is so I can run the hard raid without everything feeling like a sponge, and my toon being a China doll. I don't know if I'll be all that interested in grinding to 32 just to still get one shot killed by sniper vandels.

Can we stop this hobgoblin one shot people at 29 please? It's bullshit and only happens if your character doesn't have maxed out armor. With maxed out armor you don't even get one hit killed by them at lvl 28.

I think the raid weapons have the perk that does more damage to high level hive will balance this out a bit. It'll be really interesting to see how it plays out. Not something I had in mind, but I'm hoping it'll be a fun challenge.

I'm scared of it. Barrens chat, anyone?

Gordon

I've had decent luck with tower randoms, but I always make sure they have decent gear. Made a few friends doing that. Tower should have a proximity chat mode or area or something for finding groups. That would be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom