• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only made a friend with a random guy while farming. Turns out he also platinum the game and was pretty fun to talk with. We somehow manage to farm 90ish relic iron :p 99.9% of the time I play with gaffers. I feel like I should atleast experience playing with some blueberries that send me an invite from the tower.

breakfuss

Can we stop this hobgoblin one shot people at 29 please? It's bullshit and only happens if your character doesn't have maxed out armor. With maxed out armor you don't even get one hit killed by them at lvl 28.

Pretty sure I was one shotted at lvl 30...this was inside the portal, though. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Heh, so with the DLC one can reach 32 without having made it to 30?? Guess I was wrong when I told someone different a few weeks ago.

realcZk

I only made a friend with a random guy while farming. Turns out he also platinum the game and was pretty fun to talk with. We somehow manage to farm 90ish relic iron :p 99.9% of the time I play with gaffers. I feel like I should atleast experience playing with some blueberries that send me an invite from the tower.

I have had a similar experience with a couple randoms off DestinyLFG and random one-night tower hookups under the shipwright ... GAF is always a great source for discovering new game comrades but I'm thankful for giving everyone a shot. RNGesus giveth many friends for every ballerhorn he taketh away

Just got my Hunter to 30! That makes a Level 30 Titan, 30 Hunter and 29 Warlock!

Almost legend!

I have all the gear for my Warlock to get him to 30, but I need 160 Relic Iron and 80 Spirit Bloom, so hopefully tomorrow's patch introduces the promised changes to farming to make it easier. My hunter didn't need as many mats so I got her up to 30 in about an hour and a bit of farming and levelling her armour.

hNXnWX.jpg

Love those IB boots, much more than the raid ones. Also, does the PS App output lower res images now since it updated? Seems a lot more compressed than before from getting screens via messages through the App.

Lima

Pretty sure I was one shotted at lvl 30...this was inside the portal, though. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Yes that makes a difference as with other times I heard this story. It means you were most likely on the left side with the three hobgoblins and either two or all three of them shot you at the same time. Not really the same as being one shot by a single hobgoblin which is not a thing with maxed armor.

This is not Halo 2 on legendary okay.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I feel very LTTP and like a complete noob, but please help me out:

I think I just finished the campaign (defeating the Black Garden heart on Mars?) and have done all Scouts and Strikes on each planet.

My Hunter is at lvl 20, but I only have a tiny bit of Light stat on a couple of pieces of gear. Don't think I've done any 6 man raids yet...

Crucible is fun from time to time, but what's my next move if I'm going to continue to play solo/co-op? I admit I'm treating this as a very casual affair, but would like to feel as though I'm still making some sort of progress while I still enjoy playing the game.

hydruxo

Crucible and bounties are by far the best ways to level up a new character. Created a titan and took him straight in at level 2. Hit level 15 before I even left old Russia and then I was able to run heroic mode for bonus XP. By the time I got to Venus, he was getting 6000xp per mission because I'd broken through level 20 and had Armamentarium and purple gloves n helm waiting for him. Just opened up Mars and I'll be running each mission at 28 for 7500xp.

Yeah crucible is the way to go when power leveling IMO. Running through the main story with an alt is boring as hell. It's mainly why it took me a month to level up my Titan alt to 20. I couldn't bear playing more than a few missions with white/green weapons for very long before I just switched back to my main char. When I level up a Warlock I'm probably just going to do pvp as soon as possible and not bother with the story missions unless I need to get bounties done.

Heh, so with the DLC one can reach 32 without having made it to 30?? Guess I was wrong when I told someone different a few weeks ago.

I believe the non RNG armour was confirmed to get you to 31, while the raid armour will get you to 32.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't know whether to laugh or cry that people are actually running hundreds of Tiger Strikes trying to get Hawkmoon. Worst part is I'm considering it myself.

Bungie pls.

where the hawkmoons at yo
im 100 tiger strikes deep today

Geez I only have 143 strikes on my main hunter. Still hoping I will get lucky during 3xhard raid and nightfall. One of these days I will get Hawkmoon when theres a better HC available or when Hawkmoon gets nerf :p

Flawless Raider! I got lucky with a great group, only two attempts for me. Great run everyone.

Now I just need the Clan raid trophy and that stupid Salvage trophy...

We got it after two tries! Newest guys to achieve flawless are WelcomeNowhere and rodiard. Great job guys!

Congrats!! Thats 3 flawless raider groups today.

realcZk

Geez I only have 143 strikes on my main hunter. Still hoping I will get lucky during 3xhard raid and nightfall. One of these days I will get Hawkmoon when theres a better HC available or when Hawkmoon gets nerf :p

Haha well, not literally 100 but I've spent the better portion of the day doing them...

The thirst for hawkmoon is so real... yesterday my brother who is a new player hit 25 and I took him through the nightfall.. yes he got the hawkmoon. He let me play with it and now I want it even more!

Strider

I think I just finished the campaign (defeating the Black Garden heart on Mars?) and have done all Scouts and Strikes on each planet.

My Hunter is at lvl 20, but I only have a tiny bit of Light stat on a couple of pieces of gear. Don't think I've done any 6 man raids yet...

Crucible is fun from time to time, but what's my next move if I'm going to continue to play solo/co-op? I admit I'm treating this as a very casual affair, but would like to feel as though I'm still making some sort of progress while I still enjoy playing the game.

Guides from the OP:

845i6S9.png

(Read these if you have just reached level 20 or are frustrated with progression)
  • Part 1 (Progression at 20-25)
  • Part 2 (Xur's weekly visits, and getting to 26 and beyond; note, "What the Hell is Up with Engrams?" section doesn't apply since the engram patch)
  • Part 3 (27+, getting to 29 without RNG; note, goal 4.5 only applies when the Queen's Wrath missions are available)
  • Part 4a (Life at ~28)
  • Part 4b (Building with Exotics)

Some of it is a little outdated but this will be a great place to start for info on how to proceed.

Gordon

You need to rank up with vendors, earn marks, and buy legendary gear.

I'm looking forward to this thread when the patch goes live tomorrow, will be my entertainment while I am at work.

Hopefully farming changes!! I will spend my Monday night getting my Warlock to 30 if it actually happens.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I don't know whether to laugh or cry that people are actually running hundreds of Tiger Strikes trying to get Hawkmoon. Worst part is I'm considering it myself.

Bungie pls.

We in there friend. At this point strikes are the least tedious part of this game.

Haha well, not literally 100 but I've spent the better portion of the day doing them...

The thirst for hawkmoon is so real... yesterday my brother who is a new player hit 25 and I took him through the nightfall.. yes he got the hawkmoon. He let me play with it and now I want it even more!
haha nah I know what you mean, 100 strikes = your playtime today was spent doing tiger strikes :p I do the same thing.

Run Tiger Strikes and level up Vanguard rep to 2. Use the marks to buy armor. IMO I would get the boots and arms first. Once you get to level 25 ask someone to help carry you thro the weekly strikes. Once you get enough strange coins, buy an exotic from Xur. Personally a exotic helmet since the raid helmet only drops on Atheon on hard mode and get a legendary chest pieces. You should be doing raids at this point. Upgrade your armor, exotic and raid armor first.

Rainmaker

Banned
I have absolutely nothing left to do this week besides the daily stuff and need something to do to fill my time.

I'm a level 29 Titan. Maxed out both subclasses. Have fully upgraded all of my armor and am the highest level I can be without more raid gear (need the helmet and the boots) or an exotic helm. I have fully maxed out my VoC, Ice Breaker, and void Light/Beware (among others... no Gjallahorn...). Have done the normal raid five times so I am pretty comfortable with the mechanics.

Am I ready for the hard mode Vault of Glass? I know most prefer level 30s when choosing team mates for it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

There's only one Raid- you need to be 26 :)

Your first step is getting to level 24, with a set of level 20 blue gear. At the same time, you want to be raising your Vanguard rep to level 2- primarily with bounties- to buy your first legendary piece.

I have absolutely nothing left to do this week besides the daily stuff and need something to do to fill my time.

I'm a level 29 Titan. Maxed out both subclasses. Have fully upgraded all of my armor and am the highest level I can be without more raid gear (need the helmet and the boots) or an exotic helm. I have fully maxed out my VoC, Ice Breaker, and void Light/Beware (among others... no Gjallahorn...). Have done the normal raid five times so I am pretty comfortable with the mechanics.

Am I ready for the hard mode Vault of Glass? I know most prefer level 30s when choosing team mates for it.

Totally ready for hard mode, it is fine up to Gatekeepers/Atheon when you'll feel the burn of 29vs30. But skill and a good team can make up for it easily.

I've done hard with 4 29s and 2 30s and it has worked fine. But the team was good, not saying you aren't, but a good team makes all the difference.

hydruxo

You'll be okay at 29, you just do less damage than you would at 30. You're comfortable with the mechanics and you have a maxed VoC and ice breaker so you're definitely ready for HM.

Can we stop this hobgoblin one shot people at 29 please? It's bullshit and only happens if your character doesn't have maxed out armor. With maxed out armor you don't even get one hit killed by them at lvl 28.

I'm a 30 and My armor is always on max and I've been one shotted by a hobgoblin. I'm sure anyone who's done the gatekeeper on hard and has ice breaked the gatekeeper from below the entrance stairs has had this happen to them or seen someone die like that.

I miss running strikes. It seems like all my time is nightfall, weeklies, and raids. Good way to mess around with new weapons.

phen0m24

[Passive aggressive rant]

Hopped on with Cosmos hoping to do a quick Atheon.

Then my Pulse Elites cracked. :(

Then we didn't beat Atheon and had to disperse.

Stares at headset....

Grumble grumble now no headphones
or helmet

[/passive aggressive rant]

Still love this game

Did Atheon with Hawkian and Co. (TM) in crazy record time tonight.

Got Warlock helmet and Mythoclast.

Still love this game.

:)

Still need helmet to get Titan to 30, but one step closer to get Warlock there too.

realcZk

I miss running strikes. It seems like all my time is nightfall, weeklies, and raids. Good way to mess around with new weapons.
Well, this patch tomorrow should give you plenty of new weapon changes to play around with! Maybe the strike playlist will get a visit.

Do the vanguard strike playlist. It'll reward you with rare armor with light. With rare armor alone you can get to 60 light which is level 24. In the meantime get your vanguard reputation to 2 so you can buy legendary armor. Hopefully you'll get some legendary/exotic armor drop for you alone the way

realcZk

Haha yea, wanted to make a push before the patch. Who knows what that will bring. If you are making attempts and I'm on I will still run it with anyone that is trying.
The Templar won't be able to be grenaded into the abyss any longer post-patch, no more easy Templar for flawless ... for now? :)

rNilla

For the Raiding Party trophy did I see that beating Atheon is sufficient rather than doing the whole raid? Not that it really matters.

EL CUCO

El Cuco, here. Resident GAF Guardian. Formerly a memeber of #Forever29, recently graduated to #Finally30. You can mark this one in the books. Hobs in the Hard Raid OHK anything under 30.

Hell, and while we're on topic, a Hob in the Normal Raid OHK'd me today as a 26

Good day :)

gdt

I see a lot of vanguard strikes in your future m.

Do those till you hit vanguard rank and are able to start buying legendary gear to level up. Pay attention to what Xur is selling on Friday and buy armor to help get you to 29. Hopefully you'll get legendaries in a drop somewhere so you can speed the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom