• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

excowboy

I actually completed the raid for the first time on Saturday, on my fourth run through. First time I got gloves, second time I got boots, Saturday I got the chest piece so 30 here I come! RNGesus genuinely loves me!

Not meaning to troll as I'm genuinely sorry for those who have been running for weeks and still waiting for gear drops (including my fireteam leader on Saturday who also needs Warlock chest to level up), but I'm quite excited as I've sunk 150 odd hours into the game. I would have been running more raids if I had the time and the right group, so I'm just enjoying my luck :)

noomi

Guardians!

Our beloved Tuesday reset is nearly upon us! I am looking for 5 brave souls to come join me in defeating Atheon at the Vault of Glass, Hard Mode! I am looking for three level 30's and will also take two level 29's along. This will be for tomorrow Tuesday, December 2nd @ 3:30PM EST.

If you are interested in joining please quote this post and leave your PSN, class, and level so I can get you added to the list.

Details Below:

Where: Vault of Glass - Hard Mode
When: Tuesday, December 2nd
Time: 3:30PM (15:30) EST | 12:30PM PST | 2:30PM (14:30) CST | 8:30PM (20:30) GMT

1. Noomi85 - hunter - level 30 (confirmed)
2. Agent_Tiro - hunter - level 30
3. Hzoltan969 - titan - level 30
4. Macello - titan - level 30
5. Appletz - titan - level 29
6. rubenov25 - warlock - level 30 (just in-case you want in)

Alt/Backup:
1. greyblade - titan - level 30 (stand in, 4PM)
2. JinjoNL - warlock - level 29 (stand in for Rubenov)

Deku Tree

There should be if they're introducing a load of new weapons in over a weeks time.

I agree that their should be a vault size increase and I hope there is one. But I saw a Deej post on reddit last week which made it look like it's not in the works right now. I am guessing that they will expect you to destroy your old sub-par pre-expansion weapons once you get a 331 attack superior weapon of the same type.

Geneijin

I'm slowly starting to give up on this game...I mean, it's taken over my life in the last few months and I've loved it but after 400+hours, with all my friends hitting 30 I have been stuck on 29 on all 3 characters! I am yet to try a hard raid but unfortunately everyone setting one up seems to ask for 30's!

Two mates yesterday got to 30 having only played the game for 35 ish hours!

Obviously I will get the dlc but it's amazing they essentially designed a single random pve event (that only runs once a week) to be able to get you to 30. Iron banner helped but I only need the chest or helm on all my characters :(

Would be good to have a bit of luck tomorrow!

And if any kind folk will take a seasoned 29 titan for a hard raid this coming week (maxed raid weapons) I'd be very grateful.

Based in the UK - psn is: thekunjer
If you haven't done the hard raid this week, maybe we could get one going before the reset. Depends what time you'll be available. PST here.

PSN Kopyasu

ugh maybe first light and bastion would be better if they were 10v10 or 12v12.

oh who am I kidding they'll always be terrible. hope the next big map is going to be better.

Guardians!

Our beloved Tuesday reset is nearly upon us! I am looking for 5 brave souls to come join me in defeating Atheon at the Vault of Glass, Hard Mode! I am looking for three level 30's and will also take two level 29's along. This will be for tomorrow Tuesday, December 2nd @ 3:30PM EST.

If you are interested in joining please quote this post and leave your PSN, class, and level so I can get you added to the list.

Details Below:

Time: 3:30PM (15:30) EST | 12:30PM PST | 2:30PM (14:30) CST | 8:30PM (20:30) GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30 (confirmed)
2. rubenov25 - warlock - level 30 (just incase you want in)

Agent_Tiro
Level 30 Hunter

Guardians!

Details Below:

I can be a backup in case anyone drops out, but I can't be on until 4:00 pm est.

My PSN is greyblade. I have all 3 classes at level 30.

Hzoltan69

Guardians!

Details Below:

Hzoltan969 lvl 30 warlock/titan/hunter

noomi

Agent_Tiro
Level 30 Hunter

Got it, added you, thanks :)

I can be a backup in case anyone drops out, but I can't be on until 4:00 pm est.

My PSN is greyblade. I have all 3 classes at level 30.

Cool, I'll put you down as a alt/backup for now.

Hzoltan969 lvl 30 warlock/titan/hunter

Added you to the list as a titan, hope you don't mind :)

I will send out PM's later in the day as the group fills up just as a final confirmation for everyone.

Guardians!

Details Below:

Alt/Backup:
1. greyblade - titan - level 30

Appletz - Titan - level 29

if room!

capped weapons, etc.

Guardians!

Details Below:

Alt/Backup:
I have two 30s that need to do the raid tomorrow. Titan and Hunter. PSN = Macello

Jinjo

Guardians!

Details Below:

Alt/Backup:

I would like to tag along if there's still room. Should be able to get my Warlock to level 29 by then, if not I'll take my lv29 Hunter in.

Edit: Guess I am too late, bah.

Steroyd

Reset day tomorrow, only missing:

Vex Mythoclast
Hawkmoon
Red Death

What I really want is a universal remote because getting 4 through RNG drops isn't enough.

Reset day tomorrow, only missing:

Vex Mythoclast
Hawkmoon
Red Death

What I really want is a universal remote because getting 4 through RNG drops isn't enough.

So, i´m not the only one, just yesterday, legendary engram turned into my third, and was sharded 2 seconds later.

E92 M3

Morning ladies and gentlemen, today is patch day and I am tempted to go in blind without reading impressions. Might make the work day go by faster lol.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I agree that their should be a vault size increase and I hope there is one. But I saw a Deej post on reddit last week which made it look like it's not in the works right now. I am guessing that they will expect you to destroy your old sub-par pre-expansion weapons once you get a 331 attack superior weapon of the same type.

Bungie's is still on the "You're playing in my world bitches" mode. They probably have some high concept bullshit about why we should have an appallingly small vault.

Player convenience and QOL is not something they're into, for the most part.

Deku Tree

Bungie's is still on the "You're playing in my world bitches" mode. They probably have some high concept bullshit about why we should have an appallingly small vault.

Bungie has been in that mode since the original Halo CE released in 2001.

EDIT: they do also listen to player feedback much better than many companies and they do give us things that we want when it agrees with their goals and design principles. A lot of other companies whose games I play don't have their employees on forums interacting with us, playing with us, and giving us advanced info about what is going to go down.

Not anymore, I think Bungie patched this one. At least I remember that there were no respawns before so team mate should revive you, now there is. Also its only "epic" modifier without anything else.

I first tried it few weeks ago, couldn't make it even from cheesing behind that rock on far left. Now we breezed it through playing normally without any problems. Something have changed. Also, now you need to hurt Phogoth to get those three ships to come.

I and Remath had trouble the other day. It may have been glitched though, because we must have been on there nearly an hour waiting for him to spawn.

So after Iron Banner, and upgrading ALOT of weapons, I've finally hit the glimmer cap, with nothing to spend it on.

Iron Banner, where you at?

I tend to waste it on buying ammo packs to reduce the cap. I normally have a good 40 plus of each just in case.

ugh maybe first light and bastion would be better if they were 10v10 or 12v12.

oh who am I kidding they'll always be terrible. hope the next big map is going to be better.
They'd be better if the vehicle combat wasn't dull as fuck. Seriously, this game had some of the most boring vehicular combat I've ever experienced. I really expect better from Bungie. All the Halo games did it great. 10v10 would certainly be a plus as well. 12 might be a bit much considering all the supers and shit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just sold vault space via microtransactions. Why the fuck not. lol

noomi

Appletz - Titan - level 29

if room!

capped weapons, etc.

Added you in :)

I have two 30s that need to do the raid tomorrow. Titan and Hunter. PSN = Macello

Macello! Glad to have you aboard again, added you as well. I will be running a second VoG HM at around 5:30PM with some other friends, we can group together if you want after the first run ;)

I would like to tag along if there's still room. Should be able to get my Warlock to level 29 by then, if not I'll take my lv29 Hunter in.

Edit: Guess I am too late, bah.

Still waiting for Rubenov to confirm if he wants to tag along, I can add you as an alt for now in-case he isn't able to make it. Would really prefer your warlock if possible for the variety. Whats your PSN?

They'd be better if the vehicle combat wasn't dull as fuck. Seriously, this game had some of the most boring vehicular combat I've ever experienced. I really expect better from Bungie. All the Halo games did it great. 10v10 would certainly be a plus as well. 12 might be a bit much considering all the supers and shit.

I miss the old interceptor. I mean did you play the beta? Getting on the interceptor basically meant godmode and one would spawn right ahead of you for both teams at the start lol. So broken and so much fun haha. One thing that made First Light worth it.

Jinjo

Added you in :)

Macello! Glad to have you aboard again, added you as well. I will be running a second VoG HM at around 5:30PM with some other friends, we can group together if you want after the first run ;)

Still waiting for Rubenov to confirm if he wants to tag along, I can add you as an alt for now in-case he isn't able to make it. Would really prefer your warlock if possible for the variety. Whats your PSN?

Thanks, it's JinjoNL. Warlock should be okay.

E92 M3

I wonder if this patch will be another big one with a multitude of changes beyond exotics. Would be great to get a vault upgrade. It's definitely needed.

Bizazedo

Some buddies wanted to try to go for the flawless raider trophy. I could give a rats ass about trophies, but whatever, why not.

Had some issues in prior days, bugs etc., including one weird one during Templar where we'd throw a grenade, but nothing would throw, cleanse wouldn't work, and we slowly died (despite "living" through two Templar kill flashes).

Finally, last night, with one guy missing due to work, 5 of us went through and knocked it out from beginning to end. No bugs = easy as pie.

Neat.

bosseye

Honestly, if you can't get a full group of real life friends then build a group from gaf and raid. Amost every raid experienced player here will be helpful and willing to actually teach you the encounter fully.

The content of your story is one of the main reasons I'm against raid matchmaking.

Well I've applied to join RGAF now, so I'm hoping I'll find some guys to group with one evening, I really want to give it another go.

And I agree with the idea behind no matchmaking for the raid - having run chunks of it I completely understand the requirement to communicate with the rest of the group otherwise you won't get anywhere. However I do think something is needed in the Tower to tag yourself as 'wanting to raid' or something with some details of experience; let people assemble random groups a bit more easily on the fly. My group proved you can do it as a random group as long as you have someone willing to explain whats going on and whats required for those of us with less experience.

Some buddies wanted to try to go for the flawless raider trophy. I could give a rats ass about trophies, but whatever, why not.

Had some issues in prior days, bugs etc., including one weird one during Templar where we'd throw a grenade, but nothing would throw, cleanse wouldn't work, and we slowly died (despite "living" through two Templar kill flashes).

Finally, last night, with one guy missing due to work, 5 of us went through and knocked it out from beginning to end. No bugs = easy as pie.

Neat.

This happened to me twice both during flawless runs too. Another was when the Templar section would end and my character would just not have his gun in his hand anymore. Changing weapons had no effect, he could only melee :S

Wonder if this is another thing that happens during flawless?

Neat.
congrats :)

if the patch does somehow screws up any item in the vault, I am done with this game. alot of my exotics are in my vault and I cant get acess to my PS4 for a few more hours :(

Navid

Hopefully the reset brings me some raid gear for my Warlock. Daddy still needs boots and a chest piece!
Same two pieces I need for my Warlock, if you end up getting them after the reset while I get left with more shards/energies I'm going to be convinced you are the reason I didn't get them... :p :D

(Need just boots for my Titan, so for anyone else also looking for Titan boots... I'm keeping a close eye on all of you!)

E92 M3

Seems like they started pushing the patch through 10 minutes ago (according to Bungie message on their site) and hopefully Deej posts the notes asap. I am sure they are prewritten already so it'll be quick to just post it.

Fistwell

Well I've applied to join RGAF now, so I'm hoping I'll find some guys to group with one evening, I really want to give it another go.
Dunno that joining the clan is any help. You can just keep an eye on the thread and join raids being organized or even start your own. (just specify time, date, platform, difficulty, lvls/weapons/experience wanted)

Ourobolus

Banned
Same two pieces I need for my Warlock, if you end up getting them after the reset while I get left with more shards/energies I'm going to be convinced you are the reason I didn't get them... :p :D

(Need just boots for my Titan, so for anyone else also looking for Titan boots... I'm keeping a close eye on all of you!)

I'm just happy I finally got my Titan chest piece - so now both my Titan and Hunter are 30.

bosseye

Dunno that joining the clan is any help. You can just keep an eye on the thread and join raids being organized or even start your own. (just specify time, date, platform, difficulty, lvls/weapons/experience wanted)

Ah, ok. I'll just ask in here (or the other thread) as and when it looks like I'll have an evening free.

Cheers

Deku Tree

Seems like they started pushing the patch through 10 minutes ago (according to Bungie message on their site) and hopefully Deej posts the notes asap. I am sure they are prewritten already so it'll be quick to just post it.

I was able to log in just fine... No patch showing up on my PS4 yet.

My son has karate at 5. :(

Still trying to schedule another hard raid between 12 and 3 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom