• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a hard Oracle / Templar checkpoint!

Working to get my 28 titan a last piece.. Last character for the holy 30 trinity.

Or I'm up for a hard group tonight with a 30..

Anyone getting a group tonight or have the CP to share?

elseanio

I actually completed the raid for the first time on Saturday, on my fourth run through. First time I got gloves, second time I got boots, Saturday I got the chest piece so 30 here I come! RNGesus genuinely loves me!

Not meaning to troll as I'm genuinely sorry for those who have been running for weeks and still waiting for gear drops (including my fireteam leader on Saturday who also needs Warlock chest to level up), but I'm quite excited as I've sunk 150 odd hours into the game. I would have been running more raids if I had the time and the right group, so I'm just enjoying my luck :)

Similar luck here, I've done the raid 3 times - first time gloves, second boots, third (boss only on Hard checkpoint) I got the helm. Need 44 ascendant shards for Level 30 now.

CHECK YOUR VAULT D:

Ahaha, seen any changes?

Very small patch, only a MB or two if I my eyes are working correctly. Version reported is 1.0.3... Xbox Party doesn't hit FPS anymore it seems, which was a bug from the Chat update. No clue what else, any patch notes?

I don't think i got a real patch, but I definitely downloaded an update for Destiny and I was raiding a few hours ago so... I'm confused

noomi

Sorry. Gonna be my 28 Warlock now. :D (Just kidding.)

Oh you! lol

Pretty excited for this new patch, it's killing me that we don't know exactly what it is. Really hoping it's the exotic patch though, especially since they mentioned it would be arriving prior to the new DLC content.

Strider

Bungie isn't in the office yet so I wouldn't expect it for at least a couple more hours. I just hope the patch itself doesn't disappoint :/ it's happened many times before...

Bladelaw

I managed to farm pretty much non stop to clear out my stash of Shards and Energies. I now have a 30 Hunter, 29 Titan, and 28 Warlock.

Naturally the Hunter got the raid gloves (last piece I needed) after I filled the slot with the Iron Banner gloves. Titan needs a chest piece thanks to the Banner and the Warlock needs everything.

I maxed out my Gheleon's Demise and I really like it. Hits hard from sniper like range. Random bullet does bonus damage and it has bonus stability (fitted stock) and firefly. It's currently my favorite scout that I have. Still hoping for a VoC drop at some point.

E92 M3

I managed to farm pretty much non stop to clear out my stash of Shards and Energies. I now have a 30 Hunter, 29 Titan, and 28 Warlock.

Naturally the Hunter got the raid gloves (last piece I needed) after I filled the slot with the Iron Banner gloves. Titan needs a chest piece thanks to the Banner and the Warlock needs everything.

I maxed out my Gheleon's Demise and I really like it. Hits hard from sniper like range. Random bullet does bonus damage and it has bonus stability (fitted stock) and firefly. It's currently my favorite scout that I have. Still hoping for a VoC drop at some point.

Your GD sounds like a wonderful weapon actually. Love my VoC, but I'd use your version of GD.

I still WANT the Fatebringer so badly, but probably won't get it until TDB comes out lol.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I can remember specific drops from the last one, everyone was really pissed off about it. Three people got just shards and energy. Me and another dude got the hm raid ship and shards/energy. Another dude got the timebreaker and the hm ship.

e: I did get a Found Verdict on a previous nm run though, but that's really the only drop I've gotten from all three raids this week. Two being hard and one on normal.

Thanks for the info *thumbs up*
Theory won't mean squat if speeders and loading screens are included... still wanna try tho!

Give it a shot, I have a history of being extremely unlucky, so it may have been that. It's certainly still possible. I've been in raids where people have hit the jackpot with both a helmet and a mythoclast. So...

Hey guys, one of the people in deafmedal's primary raid group. I'm going to try and keep this theory floating around so that more people know about it, and hopefully, if you guys are willing to test it yourselves, it would be great (because the more tests we have, the better we can figure out odds).
So the most basic theory is: Its guaranteed that SOMEONE gets an item (not Ascendant mats) at the end of the end of the HM Atheon fight. So, in order to game the system, we run the fight where only ONE person is guaranteed to get a drop (the 5 others are there just to help).
Its all anectodal evidence, but here's what we've observed so far:

1) It really does appear that someone does get something. While there will be people who get mats, there should always be at least one person who gets an item. (This one seems pretty definite)

2)A whole crapload of Youtube videos depicting the HM fight, someone always seems to end up getting a helmet/mythoclast. (This one is iffy)

3)It seems that at least two items always drop, bare minimum. (Only realized this now, may also be iffy, could be bare minimum one item)

And now for my two cents:
3)Having spent all night thinking of it, I think this probably applies to NEARLY ANY section of the raid where someone can get an item that isn't a mat. (Chests, boss fights) There are some chest that are only guaranteed to drop mats I think? Like the first chest.

4)Depending on the difficulty, and the section, the desirability of said item has a certain "range".

What that means is as follows: take the 1st chest in the Gorgon maze (not the secret one, the one right after it). Other than mats, I'm sure most of us have observed people getting the good crap (exotics, armor pieces) to the meh (class items).
Now, think of it, have any of you actually seen (or you personally), have ever gotten a class item anywhere else in the raid other than that particular chest?
On the other end of the spectrum, we all pretty much know that a Head piece and a Mythoclast pretty much appear after the HM Atheon fight, since we know those two particular things are HM only, and most of us have never seen them drop anywhere else in the HM Raid.

So, with all the above info, the "revised experiment" is to see if we can force an actual item (non-mat) to drop for a particular person, at each of the particular sections of the raid, regardless of difficulty.

But now, that seems rather cool/games the system in regard to Raid loot drops, yes? So why hasn't it been figured out before/not common knowledge?
Think about it: its too much trouble and annoying (except for the real hardcore of us who dont care), to run a raid, where only ONE person is guaranteed to get something, and the other 5 people get jack. Even more trouble if even if your party agrees to this mad idea, to run it 6 individual times in different permutations to guarantee that only one person gets the drops.
BUT... a lot of us need that friggin helmet and/or Mythoclast. Most of us would probably go to the trouble for at least those two items.

So GAF (and if you feel like cross posting this over to Reddit, sure, the more people that test, the merrier), test it out: run a section where you know only ONE person gets a drop. Note if they actually get something, post results here.

Slight variation #1 to this test: You can try running it where at least TWO people can get a drop. This way is more 50/50 though- someone will "probably" get mats, while the other gets an item. I say probably because if you note what I mentioned above, I believe that two items tend to drop, sometimes I've seen one person get at 2 items, sometimes I've seen 2 people get an item each.

Slight variation #2: Run a test with three people. This should guarantee one person gets mats, but still note who gets what.

Only run the other 2 test if you don't care if you get mats, and are willing to participate in an act of SCIENCE. Still try the first test though, because again, we need to see if we can force an item to drop.

IF this is true, and Bungie gets wind of this, I somehow don't think they'd patch it out. While it might be an exploit of sorts, we would have to go through a lot of trouble to get a guaranteed item drop.

So yeah, my group will be trying this out during the week (maybe tonight), but please give it a shot too if you can.

Since I'm off from work today, figured I'd try my luck in doing a normal Raid run. Anyone plan on starting one soon?

I'd be game for a VoG run. Just got my shiney new Titan to level 28 and it be my first time raiding with anything other than a warlock.

Would also love to get in on a HM Oracle checkpoint. Need to get dat der Fatebringer.

I'd be game for a VoG run. Just got my shiney new Titan to level 28 and it be my first time raiding with anything other than a warlock.

Would also love to get in on a HM Oracle checkpoint. Need to get dat der Fatebringer.

Ok cool. Yea my warlock just turned 28 and it would be my first time raiding. Anyone else looking to do a normal raid?

TP-DK

I got a checkpoint for Gatekeepers on hard. Anyone up for a Little timetravelling and murdering? Think its best if we get atlest 3 lvl 30. We start as soon as we got a full team.

Zakalwe

Banned
Patch for what? I haven't been following the thread since Tuesday or Wednesday last week.

We're assuming the exotic rebalance wil be a part of it since Deej confirmed it would be released in a patch before the DLC drops.

The last patch was pretty substantial (for Destiny at least), and they said the recent large update was to lay foundation for a series of patches over the coming weeks.

We'll see.

amar212

Hey guys, one of the people in deafmedal's primary raid group. I'm going to try and keep this theory floating around so that more people know about it, and hopefully, if you guys are willing to test it yourselves, it would be great (because the more tests we have, the better we can figure out odds).
So the most basic theory is: Its guaranteed that SOMEONE gets an item (not Ascendant mats) at the end of the end of the HM Atheon fight. So, in order to game the system, we run the fight where only ONE person is guaranteed to get a drop (the 5 others are there just to help).
Its all anectodal evidence, but here's what we've observed so far:

Me and my crew are actually doing something like that for tomorrow.

All of us are LV30 with a lll 3 characters with all gear, so we do it only for the potential exotic drop in the first Gorgon chest.

Last (past) week we did the first part of the experiment, where we only run Hard Raids. Only chance to get a Exotic item were on either Gorgon chest (1 in 3 runs) and in Atheon fight (3 in 3 runs).

Tomorrow we will start on Normal until we beat the Templar and then take a save with alts. From that point on we intend only to descend 3 times for the first Gorgon chest and then start on Hard for potential second drop, also from Templar (taking saves for Alts and continuing from there).

Basically, if none needs shards, the only proper loot is exotic drop from either first Gorgon chest or after Atheon fight. We will do that only, so I will report the findings.

Jinjo

In my dreams - New material vendor! Trade 1 mark for 50 materials of your choosing.

If only.

You can trade in 50 material for 3 marks, some XP and glimmer. I'm gonna assume the trade-in the other way is not gonna be anything ridiculous. But this is Bungie afterall.

I got a checkpoint for Gatekeepers on hard. Anyone up for a Little timetravelling and murdering? Think its best if we get atlest 3 lvl 30. We start as soon as we got a full team.

Lvl29 Voidwalker with maxed out Ghorn and other exotics. I'm able to join you if we start in 20 minutes or so! PSN Deadceptor.

Edit: Shit, just found out I can't chat. Well I'm experienced enough to handle things without communcation =D

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Me and my crew are actually doing something like that for tomorrow.

All of us are LV30 with a lll 3 characters with all gear, so we do it only for the potential exotic drop in the first Gorgon chest.

Last (past) week we did the first part of the experiment, where we only run Hard Raids. Only chance to get a Exotic item were on either Gorgon chest (1 in 3 runs) and in Atheon fight (3 in 3 runs).

Tomorrow we will start on Normal until we beat the Templar and then take a save with alts. From that point on we intend only to descend 3 times for the first Gorgon chest and then start on Hard for potential second drop, also from Templar (taking saves for Alts and continuing from there).

Basically, if none needs shards, the only proper loot is exotic drop from either first Gorgon chest or after Atheon fight. We will do that only, so I will report the findings.

Perfect! And just to reiterate for everyone, the theory/experiment is to force an item drop for a particular player, where ITEM is anything that ISN'T a MAT. So, unfortunately, this can include ships, class items, and shaders. But like I mentioned in my original post, certain things seem to only drop at certain sections in the Raid, so you can increase your odds of getting good stuff if you're in the right place.

realcZk

Will be hard to decide between Mythoclast and Thorn.

why not both!!! :D

c7NJRa2h.gif

TP-DK

Lvl29 Voidwalker with maxed out Ghorn and other exotics. I'm able to join you if we start in 20 minutes or so! PSN Deadceptor.

Edit: Shit, just found out I can't chat. Well I'm experienced enough to handle things without communcation =D

Cool, so the list so far:

1. Redman_Dk lvl 30 Hunter
2. Deadceptor lvl 29 warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom