• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

I'm definitely most curious to see what they have done with Thorn. Because it's such a distinctly different gun.

why not both!!! :D

c7NJRa2h.gif

god tier

E92 M3

why not both!!! :D

c7NJRa2h.gif

Well, yeah I could switch around, but I expect the Mytho to be the slayer of beasts after this patch so it will be hard to go back. Though, for PVP it'll be a decision battle between the awesome The Last Word (unless it gets nerfed) and Thorn. Love my handcannons.

Jinjo

I am sooo confused, is there patch out?

Do we have confirmation what will be in the patch?

Patch is not out yet, GAF just getting ahead of things as usual. In our minds Thorn is now the god among Handcannons and the Vex is now back to Hypoclast-status.

realcZk

I'm definitely most curious to see what they have done with Thorn. Because it's such a distinctly different gun.

3 more bullets in the mag, increased DoT dmg in PvE, PvP DoT damage restored to pre-accidental-nerf status (hopefully to 7 and not 5)

X-Frame

I hope Bad Juju becomes a monster. I started leveling it up this weekend in anticipation of the inevitable buff.

Also, it should be switched to an auto-rifle IMO.

Jinjo

3 more bullets in the mag, increased DoT dmg in PvE, PvP dot damage restored to pre-accidental-nerf status (hopefully to 7 and not 5)

I'd take increased reload (even as a flared magwell perk) above more rounds in the mag. Since that actually hurts the last bullet does bonus damage perk.

Jinjo

I hope Bad Juju becomes a monster. I started leveling it up this weekend in anticipation of the inevitable buff.

Yeah, like how Red Death is basicly an auto-rifle in disguise, but keep it a pulse rifle. Bad Juju needs more impact and definitely more bullets in the mag. Other than that it seems like a decent PvE gun.

E92 M3

3 more bullets in the mag, increased DoT dmg in PvE, PvP DoT damage restored to pre-accidental-nerf status (hopefully to 7 and not 5)

I was hoping for increased reload speed, but that seems cool. Also, interesting that they are finally separating PVE and PVP.

Bollocks

I hope it does not, I dismantled it after I went through 24 strikes only to realize that it is such a POS weapon.
It doesn't deserve to be exotic, rare at best.

realcZk

Same here, been putting some XP into it ever since I heard that it would be pretty damn good post patch. Excited for the buffs, gonna be fun not knowing what gun to use anymore and getting to rediscover old weaponry before the DLC. I've been using fatebringer/voc forever now for PvE and looking forward to maybe switching it up.

Deku Tree

Same here, been putting some XP into it ever since I heard that it would be pretty damn good post patch. Excited for the buffs, gonna be fun not knowing what gun to use anymore and getting to rediscover old weaponry before the DLC. I've been using fatebringer/voc forever now for PvE and looking forward to maybe switching it up.

Where did you hear that?

Pickman

Yeah, like how Red Death is basicly an auto-rifle in disguise, but keep it a pulse rifle. Bad Juju needs more impact and definitely more bullets in the mag. Other than that it seems like a decent PvE gun.

If you can dial in headshots, it's a bullet hose on anything without a shield. It definitely needs a buff to impact though if they want it to be competitive with even a legendary primary. I take my Shadow Price over Bad Juju anyday.

Yea speaking of buffs, I'm really hoping that Hard Light gets some type of buff. With how underwhelming it is, I'm wondering why it fits in the class of an exotic in the first place.

Strider

Yea speaking of buffs, I'm really hoping that Hard Light gets some type of buff. With how underwhelming it is, I'm wondering why it fits in the class of an exotic in the first place.

Hard Light and Monte Carlo need buffs badly. I want my maxed Monte Carlo to be useful :(

realcZk

Where did you hear that?

I hear voices in my head sometimes, from usually pretty reliable sources. That being said, it would have to be pretty damn good to convince me to use it (or have great niche use case) because I'm not a fan of pulse rifles at all.

Deku Tree

Bungie nerfing all god tier exotics incoming... the problem is not that crap exotics are crap... it's that god tier exotics are just too good.

TP-DK

Need four more for Gatekeepers on hard. Come on guys its gonna be great, Hawkmoons and fatebringers for everyone!

realcZk

Bungie nerfing all god tier exotics incoming... the problem is not that crap exotics are crap... it's that god tier exotics are just too good.

hey, at least ballerhorn isn't getting touched this patch, all ballerhorn users can rejoice!

now about that hypehorn... i still need one :(

There's no such thing as too good

when a weapon's "too good" in PvE, that's usually a great place to be in IMO. everything should give you that feeling, and be on that same level. it also takes a lot to justify using an exotic heavy weapon over a primary/secondary. Gjallarhorn does just that, and does it well, but it can trivialize some PvE encounters if everyone on your team has one, which may need some tweaking in the future..

Daemul

I have a real bad feeling about this patch, a real bad feeling. Some weapons I going to get nerfed, I just know it.

I have a real bad feeling about this patch, a real bad feeling. Some weapons I going to get nerfed, I just know it.

well they should stop nerfing and start buffing.

They took my Vex mythoclast away from me, its been sleeping in the vault since they nerfed it to death, such shame.

my Fatebringer and Ghjallarhorn has been my go to weapons.

I dont understand people that complain about to powerful weapons. lucky people should be able to have more power, its just more fun that way, especially when it happens to you. if everyone is the same, the game will quickly die.

Trakan

No way. To deserve a slot as an exotic, they should be as good as an Icebreaker or a Gjallarhorn.

They should really take a look at the armor too. Being able to have a longer lasting tripmine with the hunter exotic gauntlets is such a shitty ability. It can in no way compare to a 4th golden gun shot or spawning more orbs/reviving teammates faster.

XblogPSN

Neo Member
correct guys or i miss somethings ? Thanks !

Loot Raid.
=====

First Chest(Spire formed):
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss battle: Templar:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only)
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Second Chest(Secret Room):
Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Third Chest (Before Gorgon):
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Fourth Chest (Gorgon Maze)
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon:
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (Hard Mode only)
Raid Helmet (Hard Mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (Hard Mode only)

Daemul

Isn't it the only gun that shoots through Titan bubbles?

It does what now? I've used it in PvP and I've never seen it's shots going through a Titan bubble. If that's the case than a Defender Titan could use it to shoot other players whilst in the safety of their own bubble no?

correct guys or i miss somethings ? Thanks !

Loot Raid.
=====

First Chest(Spire formed):
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss battle: Templar:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only)
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Second Chest(Secret Room):
Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Third Chest (Before Gorgon):
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Fourth Chest (Gorgon Maze)
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon:
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (Hard Mode only)
Raid Helmet (Hard Mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (Hard Mode only)

Hard Atheon gave me Hawkmoons and Datto himself got a Monte Carlo.

Namikaze1

I just realized I completely forgot about Xursday last week. What was he selling?

*checks list*

Voidfangs for how many weeks now?
Plan C? Got it already.
Armamentarium? Bought it first time around.
Crest of Alpha Lupi? Weak.

Y'all ain't never getting Gjallarhorn!

realcZk

I just realized I completely forgot about Xursday last week. What was he selling?

*checks list*

Voidfangs for how many weeks now?
Plan C? Got it already.
Armamentarium? Bought it first time around.
Crest of Alpha Lupi? Weak.

Y'all ain't never getting Gjallarhorn!

You lucked out! Plan C was the only thing I had to snag up, still haven't got a chance to use it yet though. Been getting destroyed by it in PvP (along with <insert fusion rifle here>) :p

Well, yeah I could switch around, but I expect the Mytho to be the slayer of beasts after this patch so it will be hard to go back. Though, for PVP it'll be a decision battle between the awesome The Last Word (unless it gets nerfed) and Thorn. Love my handcannons.

Yeah never limit your arsenal! I take all my hand cannons and snipers with me on my hunter and switch between them as my whim/the situation dictates.

Even if the Mytho is a beast, you may wanna spice things up with some other exotic.

Trakan

Hard Light, Mida, Universal Remote, Monte Carlo. They all need buffs.

I also wonder if Bungie is smart enough to buff the Mythoclast to higher attack post DLC. They said it should be over 300 that the normal exotics are, so it should be higher than 330 or whatever the new max is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom