• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard Light, Mida, Universal Remote, Monte Carlo. They all need buffs.

I also wonder if Bungie is smart enough to buff the Mythoclast to higher attack post DLC. They said it should be over 300 that the normal exotics are, so it should be higher than 330 or whatever the new max is.
What about the MIDA needs to be buffed?

realcZk

I also wonder if Bungie is smart enough to buff the Mythoclast to higher attack post DLC. They said it should be over 300 that the normal exotics are, so it should be higher than 330 or whatever the new max is.

I'd be willing to bet that it's over 300 damage as of the patch today. I'm expecting something like 310-320ish. Bungie said they wanted to make it viable for the new raid, which begins at level 30 on normal and presumably contains enemies of level 31 (maybe 32) near the end.

Yea I agree with this (well except for the MIDA) and think it would make sense.

E92 M3

Yeah never limit your arsenal! I take all my hand cannons and snipers with me on my hunter and switch between them as my whim/the situation dictates.

Even if the Mytho is a beast, you may wanna spice things up with some other exotic.

Definitely, but I love my fusion rifles. So Mytho is something I enjoy using a lot. That said, I have my other favorites.

What about the MIDA needs to be buffed?

Give it a little more impact I think. Besides the mobility buff, it is a bit underwhelming.

Need 2 people on PS4 for:

1. HM Templar cheese
2. Normal VoG run after the cheese.

PSN: neoaku

I'm looking to do hard raid on PS4, don't care if we start fresh or do check point. Not having any luck on Lfg. If anybody has spot for one more please add me. Level 29 Titan with Max weapons, Psn is Tonyus.

Need four more for Gatekeepers on hard. Come on guys its gonna be great, Hawkmoons and fatebringers for everyone!

Send invite psn death4romabove22 29 hunter

realcZk

Yea I agree with this (well except for the MIDA) and think it would make sense.

The MIDA is pretty solid as-is, but it doesn't have anything really unique or special, it just has a lot of "good" things. Faster agility, third eye, fastest RoF for a scout rifle, etc. It's all of these things combined that make it great. I still think there's room for improvement for sure, but it's not bad by any means. Considering the current state of many other exotics, a MIDA buff would be a lower priority on my list. Admittedly, I'll use a VoC over the MIDA for 99% of PvE tasks aside from mat farming, in which I think the MIDA's speed boost is pretty helpful there.

Pickman

Patch Notes
-Nightfall matchmaking
-Award raid helmet to player Arthr2ShdsJcksn
-Free icebreakers to anyone who doesn't have one.

I felt terrible the other night when Ice Breaker dropped in raid for me. I wasn't just estatic, I was gloating. "Ohhh did you see that? I got an Ice Breaker! I finally got an Ice Breaker! This gun is going to be amaaaaazing!"

After I realized I'd lost control of my mouth in my excitement, it got really quiet, and my buddy (29 lock with way more play time than me) just says, "Man, fuck your Ice Breaker."

A good laugh afterward and all was well.

Namikaze1

You lucked out! Plan C was the only thing I had to snag up, still haven't got a chance to use it yet though. Been getting destroyed by it in PvP (along with <insert fusion rifle here>) :p
I'm glad I did. I own every single exotic on that list.

You watch your mouth!
... started running Tiger strikes since last Friday... *blushes*
Blame the guys who killed Athean in under a minute. They showed the world how godly that weapon is.
Bungie will never put that on sale ever again. :p

Jaeyden

It does what now? I've used it in PvP and I've never seen it's shots going through a Titan bubble. If that's the case than a Defender Titan could use it to shoot other players whilst in the safety of their own bubble no?

I don't know. That's why I asked. A friend I play with was rolling with it the other night and told me that it would shoot through Titan bubbles. I haven't tried it. Hard Light has just been rotting in my vault forever.

Unfortunately, it's just myself, you and blazeuk.

OK, well I'll be around most of the day. My psn is the same as forum name.

Have one more run of weekly heroic to do if anyone wants to team up.

Really looking to fill out the raid team however. But will settle for HM oracles/Templar :D

realcZk

Just because raid weapons are legendary doesn't mean they should be out-performed by exotics. The raid is the hardest end-game content that Destiny has to offer, and the raid weapons should definitely be amongst the best rewards in the game. VoG has shown us that it's legendary arsenal is pretty damn impressive (Fatebringer, Praedyths, VoC), and they have elemental damage attributes to boot.

Exotics should be great, but really shine over other weapons in certain niches/situations. They should be able to augment or change a playstyle in ways that legendary weapons may not be able to. That being said, many current exotics obviously fail to live up to that. I think Hawkian has shown what works well in the OT with his build randomizer. Judging by the upcoming changes to exotics, we are about to see even more crazy perks and build potential.

When we look at primary exotics that have elemental damage types, we only see one (Vex Mythoclast). I know a lot of people feel that primary exotics should have elemental damage attributes, but I'm still not sure if it's even necessary. Giving the raid weapons elemental damage types helps make them more viable in situations where you want to use an exotic special/heavy, and encourages you to use exotics in other slots. For a special gun like the Mythoclast, I think it's deserving of the solar burn.

Destiny has an arsenal that promotes frequent change. You can really switch your build up for different situations and encounters to get the very most out of every situation, with the gear you have.

Jinjo

I felt terrible the other night when Ice Breaker dropped in raid for me. I wasn't just estatic, I was gloating. "Ohhh did you see that? I got an Ice Breaker! I finally got an Ice Breaker! This gun is going to be amaaaaazing!"

After I realized I'd lost control of my mouth in my excitement, it got really quiet, and my buddy (29 lock with way more play time than me) just says, "Man, fuck your Ice Breaker."

A good laugh afterward and all was well.

That sounds so familiar. Only with Gjallarhorn in my case. I've had people say to me: "how about you stick those three Gjallarhorns up your own ass Jinjo". This game makes people salty lol.

I've said similar things to other people too.

Mrgamer

Anyone going to the new raid completly blind?
I want no spoilers just want the experience.

Any level 30's up for it?

Hopefully cheesing will be a thing of the past
because still this day alot of people dont know how to use a relic or to stay alive.

Trakan

Just because raid weapons are legendary doesn't mean they should be out-performed by exotics. The raid is the hardest end-game content that Destiny has to offer, and the raid weapons should definitely be amongst the best rewards in the game. VoG has shown us that it's legendary arsenal is pretty damn impressive (Fatebringer, Praedyths, VoC), and they have elemental damage attributes to boot.

Exotics should be great, but really shine over other weapons in certain niches/situations. They should be able to augment or change a playstyle in ways that legendary weapons may not be able to. That being said, many current exotics obviously fail to live up to that. I think Hawkian has shown what works well in the OT with his build randomizer. Judging by the upcoming changes to exotics, we are about to see even more crazy perks and build potential.

When we look at primary exotics that have elemental damage types, we only see one (Vex Mythoclast). I know a lot of people feel that primary exotics should have elemental damage attributes, but I'm still not sure if it's even necessary. Giving the raid weapons elemental damage types helps make them more viable in situations where you want to use an exotic special/heavy, and encourages you to use exotics in other slots. For a special gun like the Mythoclast, I think it's deserving of the solar burn.

Exotics should flat out be better. I have an absurd amount of playtime in this game (like 20 days) and I don't have some exotics yet. They're not easy to get and you can only equip one. They should be the best choice. The raid weapons are the easiest to get in the game as they have dedicated sources to drop from. I agree that raid weapons should be good, but they should not be better than exotics. You should not have to equip certain armor with certain perks to make a weapon viable either. Just because you can make something work doesn't mean it's good.

Mrgamer

Oh, first I hear of this. Did bungie come out and say that? I thought previous speculation was normal 28 / hard 32.

Me too tought it started at 28 for some reason.Kinds locks alot of people out specialy if someone plays only weekends or has litle time.

Oh, first I hear of this. Did bungie come out and say that? I thought previous speculation was normal 28 / hard 32.

Off the top of my head (havent bothered using it since I finished maxing it), shit dmg and stability.

Saw a video and that gun had such shit stability you'd think Michael J Fox was shooting.

realcZk

Exotics should flat out be better. I have an absurd amount of playtime in this game (like 20 days) and I don't have some exotics yet. They're not easy to get and you can only equip one. They should be the best choice. The raid weapons are the easiest to get in the game as they have dedicated sources to drop from. I agree that raid weapons should be good, but they should not be better than exotics. You should not have to equip certain armor with certain perks to make a weapon viable either. Just because you can make something work doesn't mean it's good.

Well, I won't disagree with you there. I wasn't trying to argue one way over the other, just putting my thoughts out there. The Ice Breaker is a great example of a good exotic, being "flat-out better" than any other sniper in the game, even the raid sniper in my opinion. The ability to regenerate ammo and it's hard hitting rounds outshine the RoF and low recoil of the Praedyth's for most PvE content.

I see what you're saying about the raid weapons. Once you can master the content, you have a mathematically higher probability to get them than any other exotic weapons in the game. What I was really trying to convey is that I feel raid weapons NEED the elemental damage and should be damn good weapons in order to stand in the place of an exotic weapon when you inevitably switch up your build. Depending on how an exotic is crafted, I feel like it doesn't really need that elemental damage attribute.

Off the top of my head (havent bothered using it since I finished maxing it), shit dmg and stability.

Yep, starts at level 30 on normal. It was said that there will be a predictable and non-rng way to get your characters into Crota's End if you aren't there yet, word on the street is you can purchase gear from Eris that has the potential to get to light level 31. For level 32, you'll need raid gear.

Frenden

Banned
I think I'll level up most of my weapons to 300 before the new DLC hits.

I'm on the fence. I have a lot of legendaries that need ass mats to hit 300, but I'm not sure what to do with them in light of the new DLC/level caps. It may just be a waste to level anything that isn't an exotic (we're pretty sure those are upgradeable somehow, but we don't know about legendaries yet).

EL CUCO

That sounds so familiar. Only with Gjallarhorn in my case. I've had people say to me: "how about you stick those three Gjallarhorns up your own ass Jinjo". This game makes people salty lol.

I've said similar things to other people too.

I added you to our weekly Raid group PSN party chat :)

How does this sound as an exotic perk to you:

Rainbow bullets = Every bullet you shoot is a random elemental (kinetic, solar, arc or void).

alright, it's 8am in Bungieland...let's get this show on the road

I doubt we will see anything until 12pm EST here or later.

I'm looking forward to this thread exploding and the entertainment while I am at work.

I just want the new farming economy, so I can get my Warlock to 30, and then the circle will be complete as he joins my 30 Titan and 30 Hunter.

Hyun Sai

Nah, the best weapon in the game should be something we worked hard for, not a symbol of RNG, luck and cheese, that's all the Mythoclast is currently.

Strider

How does this sound as an exotic perk to you:

Rainbow bullets = Every bullet you shoot is a random elemental (kinetic, solar, arc or void).

Sounds dope lol Would be more unique than most exotics we have now too.

Although maybe take out the randomness. It should fire in a set pattern for true rainbow effect.

realcZk

Funny thought:

What if Thorn had an additional aspect to Mark of the Devourer that lets you heal teammates by shooting them using a small HoT (heal over time) with friendly fire, and still having the regular DoT on enemies. It wouldn't stack but could save your teammates from things like burns, near death. Could be ever so subtle in PvP but enough to make a difference with a skilled shot...now that would be fun lol.. you'd have to micromanage heals with your slow reload speed and low number of bullets per magazine.

Too bad you can't see fireteam member's health bars in this game, that would be a helpful addition for all PvE content (knowing when to bubble for your team, positioning, etc)

It also makes the gun very versatile! Especially if it's a primary with a high rate of fire.

Pretty much only if it's a primary with high rate of fire. Even then, it's going to be countered with low impact (Atheon's Epilogue), and the shots that happen to randomly have the element you're interested in will be insignificant.

I am one of those guys that just play the game without really caring about stats all that much.

unless I am playing nightfall or raid and I know a certain burn deals extra damage.

I would like to ask you guys about a superb build for a hunter and warlock.

Primary weapon: Autorifle, I have most of them, vex mythoclas"solar" and a fatebringer"arc" build.
exotic slot will go to gjallarhorn or a legendary if using mythoclast
Any good setups for these?

Just for additional confirmation that the new raid starts at level 30 for normal, and that 30 can be reached in the expansion without VoG gear:

is3ve4yncvcpZ.png

ibfWMREDQ9fp3Q.png

Anyone going to the new raid completly blind?
I want no spoilers just want the experience.

Any level 30's up for it?

Hopefully cheesing will be a thing of the past
because still this day alot of people dont know how to use a relic or to stay alive.

If you're intrested, I have myself and two others wanting to do a normal raid.

Just for additional confirmation that the new raid starts at level 30 for normal, and that 30 can be reached in the expansion without VoG gear:

is3ve4yncvcpZ.png

ibfWMREDQ9fp3Q.png

Yes this was posted and confirmed yesterday, Luke commented here as well for some clarification. It seems the non-RNG gear may even get you to 31.

realcZk

So will Crota's End actually open up on 12/9? I thought there was a one week delay like VoG.

In the interview a while back with Bungie CEO Harold Ryan, he said it would be unlocked "over-time", but urk and luke have said recently that it'll be available launch day 12/9.

In the interview a while back with Bungie CEO Harold Ryan, he said it would be unlocked "over-time", but urk and luke have said recently that it'll be available launch day 12/9.

That was the Eurogamer interview about a month ago, Luke confirmed by posting here on NeoGaf and on Twitter that it will launch on the 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom