• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

So many flawless raids. That trophy and both the raid/strike clan trophies are all I have between me and guardian lord. I'm too nervous I'd be the one that dies during a flawless run haha.

You gotta do it!

Amazing how your day can go from amazing to shit in 2sec flat. 😢😢😢

Grandpa back in surgery make or break. :(

Internal bleeding. Blood pressure dropping. We'll see you guys...Tuesday maybe.

I hope all goes well. We have great doctors here.

Mindlog

wtf crota! I can kill you the majority of the time within 2 or 3 swordphases without anyone dieing, yet when I do a flawless run, you kill me? Dbag..
Edit: maybe I am better at aggressive play instead of runnin away after 2 hits..
lmfao, yup!
I know that game. I didn't even try to Shadow Jack because sometimes Crota still sees my cloak.

I have to upload video. There's a great shot of a missile just stopping in mid-air before it hits Crota. So many weird experiences when going for the flawless.

Jinjo

Why would anyone grind iron banner just for 33 light armor when it is ridiculously easy to buy it from the tower vendors? I hope the "updates rewards" are good.

Exactly. Especially because we got gloves and chest last time too. Cheapest fucking Iron Banner ever. I'm really hoping for the helmet and chest too. We haven't seen those two I think. Make them use radiant shards for upgrade if you have to, but it's gotta be level 32 gear to make IB a viable timesink for a lot of people (Atleast for me).

lmfao, yup!
I know that game. I didn't even try to Shadow Jack because sometimes Crota still sees my cloak.

I have to upload video. There's a great shot of a missile just stopping in mid-air before it hits Crota. So many weird experiences when going for the flawless.

Might have been mine. Ballerhorn was acting odd a few times.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sword schoolers, just getting started eating, well be getting going as soon I get home. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bearing with me. We don't always have these dinners but I will try to schedule it to account for them from now on!

Bogeypop

Thanks for the run!

Et tu Brute?
a7sjsG7.png

xCobalt

Why would anyone grind iron banner just for 33 light armor when it is ridiculously easy to buy it from the tower vendors? I hope the "updates rewards" are good.

If you're using a new class that hasn't reached rank 2 with factions its an easy alternative. You're also spending glimmer rather than marks.

Also, FYI to everyone, if someone solos the lamps on CE while the team waits up top, when they are warped to the bridge they will hear "Guardian down." This will NOT prevent you from getting the Flawless trophy.

matmanx1

I had a friend pick up the game recently and this weekend he was up to the level where we could carry him through his first Nightfall. His first ever Nightfall drop? Heart of Praxic Fire.

Yeah, he's that lucky. All I could do was shake my head and congratulate him while making sure he knew how many warlocks out there are still looking for that piece. This game.

ocean

Banned
I had a friend pick up the game recently and this weekend he was up to the level where we could carry him through his first Nightfall. His first ever Nightfall drop? Heart of Praxic Fire.

Yeah, he's that lucky. All I could do was shake my head and congratulate him while making sure he knew how many warlocks out there are still looking for that piece. This game.
I got it in my Warlock's very first Nightfall run. Had no idea it was so desired back then. It's been my equipped Exotic on that character ever since..

SnakeEyes

Banned

THIS FUCKING GAME, MAN!

Deku Tree

Has there been any word on them ever adding more matchmaking to some of the other parts of the game?

Yes the word is that almost everyone who regularly plays that end game content including Bungie thinks it's an unambiguously bad idea.

And most of us further think that the people who don't play that content now But would play that content if there was matchmaking would hate it even more if there was matchmaking.

The end game content would be immensely frustrating and most of the time not fun at all With matchmaking.

TLDR it's not happening and it's better that way.

Edit: to try to be helpful most of us in here use this topic as matchmaking. Most of the time you can find a friendly group to do just about anything within a few mintues.

Yes the word is that almost everyone who regularly plays that end game content including Bungie thinks it's an unambiguously bad idea.

And most of us further think that the people who don't play that content now But would play that content if there was matchmaking would hate it even more if there was matchmaking.

TLDR it's not happening and it's better that way.

Nightfalls, Weekly and Daily can easily support matchmaking and the strikes are not crazy difficult or require any strategy on the level of the two raids

I agree for the raids but for those it's just silly.

Nightfalls, Weekly and Daily can easily support matchmaking and the strikes are not crazy difficult or require any strategy on the level of the two raids

Agreed.

I'm not looking to start a big thing about it. I just haven't looked into what developer has been saying or feedback and wondering what changes might be down the pipeline.

Hyun Sai

Quoted for truth. That's plain stupid that there is no matchmaking for these activities.

Deku Tree

I was in the middle of finishing my post when you quoted it.

Nightfall? Sent to orbit upon death? Quitters, afkers, people who sit at the spawn point for a long time and people who might not speak the same language as you... Disagree completely regarding nightfall.

It is easier IMO to make an argument about for matchmakong with the weeklies and dailies. But I wouldn't use it except possibly for a quick daily sometimes.

Deku Tree

Agreed.

I'm not looking to start a big thing about it. I just haven't looked into what developer has been saying or feedback and wondering what changes might be down the pipeline.

Bungie has only ever said that they are completely against it as far as I know.

I was in the middle of finishing my post when you quoted it.

Nightfall? Sent to orbit upon death? Quitters, afkers, and people who might not speak the same language as you... Disagree completely regarding nightfall.

It is easier IMO to make an argument about for matchmakong with the weeklies and dailies. But I wouldn't use it except possibly for a quick daily sometimes.

Nightfall is a tough one. Most likely of the 3 for rage quitters.

Deku Tree

Speaking of matchmaking. None of the story missions have it. Yet you can play story missions with a group of three. And the daily is a story mission. Why stop at the daily? Why not put in matchmaking for every story mission in the game? A few of them can be very challenging in the final room by yourself if you not over leveled...

Top Bottom