• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Bungie has only ever said that they are completely against it as far as I know.

I also agree that matchmaking would be a bad idea for Raids and other high level content. Having said that, the game still requires a huge boost to social tools. Fireteam chat with randoms, while nice, isn't really anything.

It is still absurd that most people have to rely on message boards and third party websites to find random people to play with for end game content. It's not terribly different than matchmaking other than people can be a little more selective.

The game could use an in-game LFG system. It would be no worse than what we already have. Imagine playing this game without access to GAFer's for fireteams. I would have quit ages ago. Despite the crapshoot that LFG sites are, it is still better than nothing. I have made friends with random LFGers and still run content with them regularly. It may be rare, but they are out there.

If we didn't have Forums and LFG sites, this game would have crashed and burned on its own merits long ago.

that feel when you play destiny on a tv with 50ms delay.

lolbrary.com_12798_1386286068.gif

someday

Banned
I got it in my Warlock's very first Nightfall run. Had no idea it was so desired back then. It's been my equipped Exotic on that character ever since..
I got mine as a drop while playing as a Titan. I didn't even have a Warlock character yet.
I was in the middle of finishing my post when you quoted it.

Nightfall? Sent to orbit upon death? Quitters, afkers, people who sit at the spawn point for a long time and people who might not speak the same language as you... Disagree completely regarding nightfall.

It is easier IMO to make an argument about for matchmakong with the weeklies and dailies. But I wouldn't use it except possibly for a quick daily sometimes.
I think it is possible to get through most Nightfalls with random groups. I've certainly played plenty with no mics and they went fine. Yes, everyone going to orbit is something to worry about but that is the same for any group.

Derpyduck

Banned
I went from having zero exotics last week to now having 4.

- The Last Word: bought it from Xur and I hate it
- Lucky Raspberry: bought it from Xur and I love it. Spawning with a grenade is huge in PVP
- Suros Regime: awarded it for finishing a strike. Love love love it
- Bad Juju: Got it from an exotic quest. Pretty good, but can't stop using Suros long enough to raise the stats on it

Deku Tree

I got mine as a drop while playing as a Titan. I didn't even have a Warlock character yet.

I think it is possible to get through most Nightfalls with random groups. I've certainly played plenty with no mics and they went fine. Yes, everyone going to orbit is something to worry about but that is the same for any group.
Sure it's possible. But what happens when you get matched with randoms who just stink numerous times in a row? And then they quit. Happens to me in ROC strikes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, math, indeed, you'll be in my thoughts!

Dusty can't make it, does anyone want to get some practice with the sword?

Deku Tree

I also agree that matchmaking would be a bad idea for Raids and other high level content. Having said that, the game still requires a huge boost to social tools. Fireteam chat with randoms, while nice, isn't really anything.

It is still absurd that most people have to rely on message boards and third party websites to find random people to play with for end game content. It's not terribly different than matchmaking other than people can be a little more selective.

The game could use an in-game LFG system. It would be no worse than what we already have. Imagine playing this game without access to GAFer's for fireteams. I would have quit ages ago. Despite the crapshoot that LFG sites are, it is still better than nothing. I have made friends with random LFGers and still run content with them regularly. It may be rare, but they are out there.

If we didn't have Forums and LFG sites, this game would have crashed and burned on its own merits long ago.

Message boards and threads like this one are totally completely different from matchmaking. For one you know the people in here and they know you and they care about their GAF reputation. This thread is a community. Random matchmaking is not a community and the people are random anonymous players who will never see or hear from you again or know anything about you. There is a big difference. Nobody in here would just get up from the game and AFK without saying anything and leave you to finish the strike by yourself and hope to collect the end of strike rewards as one example.

I'd support an in game LFG system. Could potentially be great.

The bleeding stopped! ��

Back in ICU no surgery anymore.

Of course it happens as I just arrive at the hospital lol.

Thats great to hear! :) Every time I see or hear something similar to your situation, it gives me inspiration to continue on life goals!
If anyone does cares, it is to earn my PhD in biomedical science or enter into med school :p

edit: since I hate hearing how families members are ill and these types of events :/ I just like helping people, maybe thats another reason I play destiny often as of now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The bleeding stopped! 😃

Back in ICU no surgery anymore.

Of course it happens as I just arrive at the hospital lol.
Ahhh glad to hear that!

Need 1 or possibly 2 for sword school, not sure where Narmer is at

If you're looking for some stress-free sword experience, join up!

Top Bottom