• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

spyder_ur

That's a good time for me if you've still got spots open. PSN is Lordsirsama, 31 hunter

Sounds good - away from PSN so you can send me a FR if you're on, otherwise will group up later.

Trying to form a group for tonight. Would like a laid back casual group. Would love to go out around 8 or 8:30 EST ideally.

Only thing is I'd like to run the sword. I'm a 32 Titan but didn't get it done on my first try last week - had a few wipes as I was getting used to it (mostly escaping) and I sensed at least some members of the team wanting to get it done so I let someone else handle it, but I'd really like to try killing him. So some patience would be appreciated. Shouldn't be too bad and I've got some pointers, but wanted to be upfront.

Let me know if you want in. Depending on response now, might report closer to 8, but let me know if interested.

Full up - Thanks.

1. Schwagger15 (spyder_ur) - 32 Titan
2. Dazzler (DazzlerIE) - 31 Titan
3. Coconut (KrugerrandMan) 31 hunter
4. Axelhortsemchi (Lordsirsama), 31 hunter
5. Captscience (captscience) 31 warlock
6. Galactic Toast (cloud945076)

Legendary engram from 1st NF that turned into 2 ass shards
11 strange coins from 2nd NF
10 Ass Energy from 3rd NF

Man fuck this game, and fuck the retard who decided to put ass mats in NF loot table. WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH 10 ASS ENERGY?

Legendary weapons still need it. I am running low.

Hey all - trying to form a group for tonight. Would like a laid back casual group. Would love to go out around 8 or 8:30 EST ideally.

Only thing is I'd like to run the sword. I'm a 32 Titan but didn't get it done on my first try last week - had a few wipes as I was getting used to it (mostly escaping) and I sensed at least some members of the team wanting to get it done so I let someone else handle it, but I'd really like to try killing him. So some patience would be appreciated. Shouldn't be too bad and I've got some pointers, but wanted to be upfront.

Let me know if you want in. Depending on response now, might report closer to 8, but let me know if interested.

I'm down to join! Added myself

zewone

Now I'm bored, and with the Holy Trinity of Exotics complete I have little reason to put up with weekday pugs for Roc Strikes...

I know what you mean. I like strikes, but I'm only missing Universal Remote and 4th Horseman.

The only exotic I want is Helm of Saint-14, which would be miraculous to get from Roc strikes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sepiks Arc Burn is like the hardest strike D:
this post made me feel better about my inadequacy playing alongside you in the Crucible :D

always dug this one, I tear through it for whatever reason.
from the nightfall

aGafxMu.jpg

kinda good i guess? well except for the range
Thing really shines with hammer forged/send it, but it's solid nonetheless. I love the action on it.

My loadout for this fine evening's NF experience:

1) Fatebringer (even though I'm loving my vendor Badger, that impact is nuts)

2) Light of the Abyss/LDR5001 arc

3) Corrective Measure (thought this was a void weapon for some reason, but nope, it's arc).

I am feeling a little lucky today. Perhaps there's a GHorn in my future. Perhaps...

Sounds good - away from PSN so you can send me a FR if you're on, otherwise will group up later. Got two more spots.

6. GalacticToast (cloud945076)

Added myself. I have a 32 Hunter, 31 Warlock, and 31 Titan. Not sure what I would take in there, but I definitely want to go.

Right, which you could get from the old CE chest. It looks as if it's the exact same loot table which consists of:

rad shards
rad energy
CE class item
exotic weapon

I thought Bungie said armor would be a new possible drop, but I haven't heard anyone getting any.
From the Bungie weekly update on 1/8/14:

"The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials."

The chest never dropped exotic armor though. So that must just be a mistake.

The patch notes from yesterday just says that the chest loot was moved to Ir Yut.

"The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger".

So no extra armor roll with the change.

Anastasis

People will tell you not to use AE though I used it for thorn and was perfectly fine. Don't use rockets though unless you don't have a void machine gun.

I used:

Atheon's Epilogue - void
Plug.One1 (or whatever) - void
Corrective Measure - void
Void magnet grenade (defender titan)

Got it done in no time. I'd go with a void fusion or shotgun unless you're playing larger maps. Fusion rifles wreck and disrespect in PvP.

For the thorn bounty, make sure you only use void weapons

Kills with other weapons give no points and you are still losing points from deaths

You should really get a void shotgun (a green one is fine)

I got mine with a void shotgun and Corrective measure. I'm not the best at PVP either but I just played carefully and timed heavy ammo. You can rack up some serious kills with corrective measure

Thanks for the replies!

I don't have corrective measure though. Stick with the Swarm I already have or buy MG18 Harm's Way Vanguard?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My loadout for this fine evening's NF experience:

1) Fatebringer (even though I'm loving my vendor Badger, that impact is nuts)

2) Light of the Abyss/LDR5001 arc

3) Corrective Measure (thought this was a void weapon for some reason, but nope, it's arc).

I am feeling a little lucky today. Perhaps there's a GHorn in my future. Perhaps...
Nope, it's void.

Bogeypop

I know what you mean. I like strikes, but I'm only missing Universal Remote and 4th Horseman.

The only exotic I want is Helm of Saint-14, which would be miraculous to get from Roc strikes.

It's not so much that I don't want to play Roc Strikes. It's that I don't want to play them with pugs on the weekdays when they're the worst from what I've seen. I'd rather play them with GAF, but GAF weekdays are slow, and I only play in the mornings and afternoon.

I don't even know if anyone has confirmed if you can get Exotic Armor from Roc Strikes. If it was confirmed then I'd have some slight reason to try and pug myself a Heart of the Praxic Fire

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn go to sleep, 7 pages already burned through

Me at the moment after waking up and realizing I forgot to charge my controllers by leaving the PS4 in Sleep mode...
EnjpYdC.gif

Dazzler

Who wants to team up for Level 30 Weekly and NF tonight? Got a new headset I want to try out. :D

1. me (Kill_Deaf_Radio) PSN

If you're down for doing it around 4.30PST/7.30EST I'd be game!

Doing Crota at 5/5.30 so can't do it after that

DNAbro

Thanks guys for the full crota run. Got needed chest piece and gloves, now only thing I need is boots and I'm golden. Also it was nice to do every little part without cheesing it. Bridge portion was actually fun.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's not so much that I don't want to play Roc Strikes. It's that I don't want to play them with pugs on the weekdays when they're the worst from what I've seen. I'd rather play them with GAF, but GAF weekdays are slow, and I only play in the mornings and afternoon.

I don't even know if anyone has confirmed if you can get Exotic Armor from Roc Strikes. If it was confirmed then I'd have some slight reason to try and pug myself a Heart of the Praxic Fire

I don't think you can, but of course you can get engrams that turn into exotics. I think I just got the Heart of the Praxic Fire myself from a Roc strike emblem last week. Can't remember if that was the exact warlock chest... I use the obsidian mind helmet regardless.

Nightfall no.1 done! Got Obsidian Mind which is awesome, used Fatebringer, Arc Longbow (sniper) and Thunderlord.

Sepiks got rocked.
Only faced one wave of Shanks before he crumbled

Daemul

It's amazing how poorly people in this game pay attention to events happening around them. The amount of times in the Raid and Nightfall today where people got killed because they just ran into an area without first checking their radar, or weren't watching where Crota was and thereby got themselves killed, is ridiculous.

No wonder the vast majority of people suck at PvP. Pay fucking attention of your bloody surroundings and watch for fucking enemies.

Jesus, players in this game give me a massive headache.

Nightfall no.1 done! Got Obsidian Mind which is awesome, used Fatebringer, Arc Longbow (sniper) and Thunderlord.

Sepiks got rocked.

That's what I used as well. Also swapped Gjallarhorn (Knows no burns, really) for Thunderlord. Longbow is just so good though

this post made me feel better about my inadequacy playing alongside you in the Crucible :D

always dug this one, I tear through it for whatever reason.

Thing really shines with hammer forged/send it, but it's solid nonetheless. I love the action on it.

it's actually not that difficult now, but i remember having a tough time with it when it first released. maybe because we were under leveled.

archon priest is my favorite to solo.

mattxt08

Banned

i pretty much have 0 luck in this game, but last week i leveled up cryptarch which gave me 2 purples.. and one turned into the Helm of Saint 14 with a high INT roll!!

spyder_ur

Sepiks got rocked.

This morning we had him down after just his first movement. WoL and P&T (for me). Nice that he doesnt move at all - crit after crit.

That 3 waves room can be a bit of a pain though.

LiK

This morning we had him down after just his first movement. WoL and P&T (for me). Nice that he doesnt move at all - crit after crit.

That 3 waves room can be a bit of a pain though.

The first section is the hardest part of Devil's Lair. Fallen Captains and Wizards are a pain.

spyder_ur

It's amazing how poorly people in this game pay attention to events happening around them. The amount of times in the Raid and Nightfall today where people got killed because they just ran into an area without first checking their radar, or weren't watching where Crota was and thereby got themselves killed, is ridiculous.

No wonder the vast majority of people suck at PvP. Pay fucking attention of your bloody surroundings and watch for fucking enemies.

Jesus, players in this game give me a massive headache.

I have to say I don't understand this perspective. I like doing things well as much as anybody, but it's never a race for me. And quite honestly, some of my most memorable times in the raid have been hilarious, often times idiotic wipes. People have to learn somehow. It's easy to forget that for a lot of us we know the movements, enemy spawns and locations perfectly - not everyone does.

(Don't mean to call you out)

My first Tuesday in over a month that I am not playing Destiny for 12 hours straight, usually from 4am-4pm. I need to get used to being back at work on Tuesdays! Fuck!

Was able to get the 3 Crota's End runs done in less than 2 hours at reset with a great crew, and was able to get 2 more hours of sleep!

Nightfall/Weekly runs with Deku and Death tomorrow! Will likely do dailies this evening and start grinding Iron Banner.

All 3 of my characters are 32 now! Hooray!

The first section is the hardest part of Devil's Lair. Fallen Captains and Wizards are a pain.

Those train cars or whatever they are at the far side of the room (from where you enter) are a good spot to use as "home base" during that part of the strike.

LiK

Those train cars or whatever they are at the far side of the room (from where you enter) are a good spot to use as "home base" during that part of the strike.

The Fallen Captains constantly teleporting away from line of sight is what annoys me about it.

If your sole goal is to reach rank 5, and you have time on Sunday/Monday, then it makes a ton of sense to just grind on those days.

I'm only gonna Rank up to 4 with both this time just to get gauntlets. That Hand Canon will not replace my Thorn or The Last Word

My first Tuesday in over a month that I am not playing Destiny for 12 hours straight, usually from 4am-4pm. I need to get used to being back at work on Tuesdays! Fuck!

Was able to get the 3 Crota's End runs done in less than 2 hours at reset with a great crew, and was able to get 2 more hours of sleep!

Nightfall/Weekly runs with Deku and Death tomorrow! Will likely do dailies this evening and start grinding Iron Banner.

All 3 of my characters are 32 now! Hooray!

I did one run, got the helm :-D

Top Bottom