• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

EL CUCO

JESUS CHRIST! i just got another gjallarhorn from nightfall!!! nothing for 4 months and now two in one week!!!

i'm on a roll!
Everytime I read something like this, I can hear the soul of a Hornless Guardian get crushed.

"Fixing it is harder than you think." -Bungie, about everything ever

That heavy ammo glitch is REALLY complicated guys, seriously, for real. We need a few more months, all 500 employees are slaving away night and day on it.

Actually we're too busy patching cheese that will be re-cheesed within a day or two.

M3Rocket

I don't understand how the rock jump from the second lantern is supposed to work. I get Weight of Darkness and drop like a rock before getting anywhere near the ledge.

There is a rock formation at the 2nd lamp that was used to launch anyone on top of it when the lamp exploded. But if you stand on the rock, the lamp is active and should reduce the Weight of Darkness to zero, at which point, you can simply use a Titan or Warlock jump to get to the platform.

It helps to make sure you configure your character for max agility, then equip a weapon with a +2 agility perk.

Atkison04

I have something that's come up around 8pm tonight so I can probably only help up to Crota.

Unfortunately my Titans shot is used up so he's stuck at 31 for another week. What a joke. I'd even do Iron Banner if that useless chest piece was level 32. Was pointless getting to Rank 5 in IB 2. BUNGlE knows just how to grind my gears.

Okay man, hopefully we can grind it out quickly! I'm sure I'll be joining you in not getting the drops I need in a couple of hours.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't understand how the rock jump from the second lantern is supposed to work. I get Weight of Darkness and drop like a rock before getting anywhere near the ledge.
You need to stay close to the lamp because if you stay far way the Weight of Darkness back fast... so you jump run and jump after that... there is enough time for one full jump before Weight of Darkness back.

It is easy with Titan... hard with Warlock... Hunter you need to use Bladedancer.

PS. If you stay on middle or in the opposite side of the lamp the Weight of Darkness will back in the middle of the jump.

CREMSteve

Did the group I was with last night beat Crota? I hope so!

Sorry again about bailing, but it was getting late and rest assured it was for an admirable cause. :D

Homeboyd

Nightfall rewards (b/c I know you really care):

1) 12 ass energies. Yep. 12. ASS ENERGIES. FU BUNGLE
2) Void 331 Sniper w/ firefly, perfect balance, field scout, spray and play and agility boost (ok, not great)
3) Alpha Lupi chest (4th time I've received this via Nightfall) STOP GIVING ME THESE PLEASE

Seeing the window cheese at sepiks was nice. Never saw that before.

Lima

Fuck this raid. Third consecutive week with nothing but shards or energy from Crota. No helmet for any of my three characters. Smart loot system my ass. I think a fun drop at Crota for me is long due.

Wait I forgot anout that one, haven't done VoG in months. I will just do it on my one character.

haha I was wondering why you kept going that direction. Anyone else want this chest? Or bug me later on if you want it
might be sleeping since I been awake since yesterday around ~5 pm.
Either way works

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Another bad nightfall week loot wise. Shards, legendary mg and scout rifle I don't need.
Damn you, give me Gjallarhorn!

phen0m24

I can show you with a titan and the Higher Jump.

Having already raided
legit, mind you
on all my characters, I got my buddy and then his friend through the first two parts Saturday and then last night. With the kind assistance of PrivateWHudson!

You hop up on the rock, close enough to the lamp to get weight to zero, then turn around and jump up! With Titan it's two quick X-presses and you can make the upper ledge.

Breaking News: One of the world's best players is still good at the game. Better than random n00bs even!

Funny video but that article is so stupid. How is that video "such a middle finger to everyone else in the community"?

Haha, I agree that the verbiage was pretty ridiculous. But the video itself is pretty funny given all the shit the gun takes around here.

ethomaz

Banned
Updated list for my missing weapons:

|EXOTICS|
- Hankmoon
- Red Death
- Universal Remote
- Necrochasm
- The 4th Horseman

|RAID|
- Fatebringer
- Praetorian Foil
- Found Veredict
- Abssy Defiant
- Fang Of Ir Yut
- Oversoul Edict
- Word Of Crota
- Black Hammer
- Light Of The Abyss

I need them... please Xur or RNGesus.

haha I was wondering why you kept going that direction. Anyone else want this chest? Or bug me later on if you want it
Either way works

Pssh, not even 24 hours yet! My record is 50+.... I forget now. Might be related to the sleep deprivation.

rNilla

I gave up trying it with Warlock. I'll give Titan a go and see if it's easier. I understand the concept I just can't execute.

Stupid Glide!

I can show you with a titan and the Higher Jump.

Having already raided
legit, mind you
on all my characters, I got my buddy and then his friend through the first two parts Saturday and then last night. With the kind assistance of PrivateWHudson!

You hop up on the rock, close enough to the lamp to get weight to zero, then turn around and jump up! With Titan it's two quick X-presses and you can make the upper ledge.

Wait, the exploding lantern trick still works? I thought that'd be the first thing they patched.

Did the group I was with last night beat Crota? I hope so!

Sorry again about bailing, but it was getting late and rest assured it was for an admirable cause. :D

Were you with myself (cooi_breeze), reign, Stryker and jtran last night? If so, nah we all logged off around 1:15am eastern time.

spyder_ur

Either way works

I feel like an idiot, but I hopped in on a checkpoint last week (yours I think - thanks) and I have no idea how to get from that point to the actual exotic chest. I've always just grabbed it sequentially on the way down. Am I dumb?

ethomaz

Banned
I gave up trying it with Warlock. I'll give Titan a go and see if it's easier. I understand the concept I just can't execute.

Stupid Glide!
Warlock.

Double hit the jump button and hold it at the end for highest... most fast you double hit the jump button better.

Titan

Just use the highest jump.

Edit - Increase the max agility do make the jump.

EL CUCO

Ben Kuchera plz stay as far away from Destiny as possible.
Which is why the video is such a middle finger to everyone else in the community: If a player can dominate this easily with a terrible weapon, think of what they can do with a good one? Skillful editing helps, of course, but this is still a funny way to prove that it's the powers of the chef, not the ingredients, that matter in the end.
Quote from The Susans (which is one of the 2 people using NLB) in the comments section of the vid.
The Susans here, and if you try to justify saying the guns pretty decent then you're blind

Forgot to post earlier, but here was my Nightfall haul.

NF1: Patience and Time
NF2: Patience and Time
NF3: Patience and....hah no. 11 Strange Coins.

Fuck this game yo. But it could be worse.

Stupid Glide!

i haven't tried it but a warlock trick is to apparently use your super near the top of your jump/glide, that will give you an extra little jump boost to get you up over to the ledge.

I feel like an idiot, but I hopped in on a checkpoint last week (yours I think - thanks) and I have no idea how to get from that point to the actual exotic chest. I've always just grabbed it sequentially on the way down. Am I dumb?

From the spawn point go left, there's a wall with several ledges you can jump up on, then into a cave area. Run to the left and back into the cave for a while, chest will be on your right side.

haha my longest period of lacking sleep was around ~40 hours. Finals week 2 years ago :p

haha yeah mine was finals related also...

Killed Crota on my first go with the sword as a Warlock. No wipes either :p

Nice! GG Rubenov. Getting the kill even with the worst class and their shitty jump.

Great day,

3 crota runs and got enough shards to get 2 toons to 32, hit the bottom gorgon chest after and finally got ghorn!
I almost wepped
Thanks frostburn. You made this gaffer a very happy man

Top Bottom