• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Steroyd

I cn't use auto rifles anymore, i'm getting mauled by everyone when I use Suros, dat bounty. D:

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who wants 3 of every desirable weapon. Some guy last week got another hawkmoon but immediately sharded it, saying that while he loves the gun, he already has one. Simply being able to keep one on each of my characters, without the need to go to the Tower, is fantastic. It's why I have 3 Suros, 3 Truths, 3 Thunderlords, etc.

Only weapons this applies to are Gjallahorn, Ice Breaker and Fatebringer, even then I'm replacing my spare Ice Breakers with Black Hammers.

Thorn, Hawkmoon and Last Word are all legit in their own right and Thorn compliments Axiom bolt, and TLW compliments the Hunters jumping and movement, Hawkmoon just owns period.

Haha yeah, this is definitely me. Saw a guy go 2-13 in Rumble with a maxed out Hawkmoon...

There's just enough of them in the wild though to be spammed incessantly in Iron Banner though, infuriating.

And when a friend got his and the first thing he says is "Ugh, a hand cannon? Is this thing even goo-"

tumblr_inline_ni3olnYr8s1rdelxz.jpg

lol your pain, I feel it. There's one guy in our raid group who gets the exotic weapon from the Gorgon chest every...single...time. It has literally gotten to the point where we've started doing raids without him and then do them again with him later and pretend like we're getting stuff when we open the chests again. He's starting to catch on though because last week he mentioned he can't see all of the loot listed out on the left side of the screen...

I got my 6th HMoon and 4th GHorn today while playing with my buddy who has neither and has been playing tons since launch. I legit felt terrible, even though we still laughed about it. The loot system really needs more streak breakers, like in Crota's End where the drops are much improved over every other part of the game.

;_;

Don't take this the wrong way but I hate you.

Oh baby, my most anticipated game ever. Definitely going to eat into Destiny play time.

Yeah, sounds like a lot of familiar faces will be migrating to Bloodborne OT once that drops... awesome! I'll definitely be there.

I take no offense, I hate it myself. Seriously pisses me off that some people get so screwed and there's nothing they can do.

RNG in this game is flat out terrible, whoever makes the loot tables should be ashamed. They've learned nothing from so many years of loot/MMO games.

I was counting down the days. Pre-ordered the white PS4 bundle in June and also the collectors edition for Xbox One. I had neither console at the time. Bought a new a/v receiver to prepare for the new HDMI connections, and also a charging cradle for DS4s and a few extra rechargeable AAs for the X1 controller. Asked off work for 9/9 and basically couldn't think of anything else that week before launch.

I was huge into Halo and pretty much don't get as hyped for any games as much as I do about Bungie (and Blizzard) games. Destiny was initially disappointing, but it really doesn't shine until end-game. Here we are at 4+ months post-launch and now that we all know what to expect and how to play, things are pretty smooth and I think 2015 will be an awesome year for Destiny, although it really just depends on how fast Bungie will be to react to simple quality-of-life updates that the game so sorely needs, like being able to skip cutscenes or expanding the vault.

Red Death has been sold twice so no excuses for that one, ha. But otherwise they are all totally RNG dependent (TLord also).

I thought he only sold it once?

I always opted for exotic armour in the early days to level up. That's how I missed my opportunity for Gjallerhorn :(

But I got it now!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It seems like people are always missing these exotics. It can't be a coincidence, can it?
*shrug* Coincidence, no way

None of the Exotic bounties are likely to be "missing" for long.
4th Horseman and Hawkmoon are PS4 exclusives
Xur has never sold Hard Light or Universal Remote.

That leaves only Red Death... I have 3 :p I think a lot of people passed on it at Xur though.

phen0m24

Wait, what did I miss?

God forbid someone takes a lunch break around here.

Well, I messaged Sh0k. I wanted to add him as a friend based on his avatar (corn!). And tossed out a joke based on CreamedCorn hahahahaha sorry man, meant totally in fun

Still raiding at 9 too.

Hey, no lunch for you! ;)

1. Darryl_M_R, Level 32 Hunter (3)
  2. NoThru22 (PSN: Macello), 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock
  3. grimlock33, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock [maybe]
  4. moris (PSN: ms1582), 31 Hunter, 32 Titan, 31 Warlock
  5. xplicitone, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter, 31 Warlock
  6. Mindlog, 32 Warlock, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan

Mindlog and xplicitone are you online? Everyone else seems to be here

Damn yall are full. I was expecting 330est like it was originally and was waiting for confirmation of 3est change.

Oh baby, my most anticipated game ever. Definitely going to eat into Destiny play time.

Yeah, sounds like a lot of familiar faces will be migrating to Bloodborne OT once that drops... awesome! I'll definitely be there.
I'll be playing for sure.
Looking forward to it!
I would love to get the chest on my characters. PSN w1ssy
PSN is the same as my gaf name, too lazy to type it in right now :p I cant text on moblie gaf on one hand however haha

That leaves only Red Death... I have 3 :p I think a lot of people passed on it at Xur though.

I only have one friend who has Thunderlord, and I still have never seen it used. I'm the only of my friends to have Hard Light.

lol your pain, I feel it. There's one guy in our raid group who gets the exotic weapon from the Gorgon chest every...single...time. It has literally gotten to the point where we've started doing raids without him and then do them again with him later and pretend like we're getting stuff when we open the chests again. He's starting to catch on though because last week he mentioned he can't see all of the loot listed out on the left side of the screen...

hahahaha oh this pleases me

I thought he only sold it once?

I always opted for exotic armour in the early days to level up. That's how I missed my opportunity for Gjallerhorn :(

But I got it now!

He might've sold it twice but it was in the very early weeks of the game's release when a lot of people (including me) didn't have nearly enough coins to afford it. I didn't even realize you could get coins from the weekly heroic strikes by setting it on the hardest setting for the longest time, and even then I wasn't ranked high enough to be able to get through them.

spyder_ur

I think 2015 will be an awesome year for Destiny, although it really just depends on how fast Bungie will be to react to simple quality-of-life updates that the game so sorely needs, like being able to skip cutscenes or expanding the vault.

It's still stunning to me that this is not an option. Should've been there off the bat, but it's still not. I haven't played the regular story at least since the Dark Below came out so it hasn't effected me much, but sitting through those cutscenes when you were leveling an alt or doing a daily for assmats, that was brutal. Especially for a game with so much content that has to be replayed AND one where the cutscenes were so useless.

zewone

I'm really surprised Universal Remote hasn't been for sale. It screams middle of the road.

PSN is the same as my gaf name, too lazy to type it in right now :p I cant text on moblie gaf on one hand however haha

I think you're just embarrassed that your name is MalibuStacyFan01

It's still stunning to me that this is not an option. Should've been there off the bat, but it's still not. I haven't played the regular story at least since the Dark Below came out so it hasn't effected me much, but sitting through those cutscenes when you were leveling an alt or doing a daily for assmats, that was brutal. Especially for a game with so much content that has to be replayed AND one where the cutscenes were so useless.

"Fixing it is harder than you think." -Bungie, about everything ever

Frostburn

Originally Posted by Frostburn

If only there was a way to use a Dualshock 4 on the Vita easily

Is that sarcasm? Because I didn't think you could. If it's not sarcasm then I definitely agree.

There is no simple way to do it, super annoying and it seems like something Sony could add fairly easily considering the Vita TV.

Well, I messaged Sh0k. I wanted to add him as a friend based on his avatar (corn!). And tossed out a joke based on CreamedCorn hahahahaha sorry man, meant totally in fun

Still raiding at 9 too.

Hey, no lunch for you! ;)

Who are you apologizing to? I hope not me. I don't even know what's going on right now. Where am I? Is this space?

Is that 9pm ET? Is it still an oversold flight or do I have a guaranteed seat now? What airline are we flying? If it's US Airways, I'm not showing up.

rNilla

I don't understand how the rock jump from the second lantern is supposed to work. I get Weight of Darkness and drop like a rock before getting anywhere near the ledge.

M3Rocket

Can the PvP "missions" from exotic weapon bounties like the Bad JuJu and Invective be accomplished in Iron Banner? The Invective one has been in my inventory for the last 10 weeks. <sigh>

Manp

JESUS CHRIST! i just got another gjallarhorn from nightfall!!! nothing for 4 months and now two in one week!!!

i'm on a roll!

I don't understand how the rock jump from the second lantern is supposed to work. I get Weight of Darkness and drop like a rock before getting anywhere near the ledge.

You have to stand close enough to the lamp when you are on the rock. It will drop your weight down to 0 then you make the jump quickly before it can go back up.

rNilla

You have to stand close enough to the lamp when you are on the rock. It will drop your weight down to 0 then you make the jump quickly before it can go back up.

That's what I'm doing but I guess not well enough. Maybe the running start is activating Weight too fast? Trying it with a Warlock right now.

Top Bottom