• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

What was everyone's hype level before the game released?

Ridiculous. That hype never went away. Glad I got the collector's edition, too. Still enjoying my "New Monarchy" ghost shell :p

However, the people posting in this thread are almost a totally different group of people that posted in the pre-release threads. I am one of the few that actually stuck around to enjoy the game!

If only there was a way to use a Dualshock 4 on the Vita easily
Is that sarcasm? Because I didn't think you could. If it's not sarcasm then I definitely agree.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just can't level up that many exotics for it to really work for me. I keep one of each VoG primary on each character, if I had multiple ice breakers I'd obviously keep them. I've sharded a couple truths and thunderlords. I'll move them around when I need them, most of the time they're on my Titan for ruin wing destruction. Primary exotics I can't keep multiples of, since I always have so many primaries on each character. I haven't gotten a 2nd hawkmoon, that'd be hard to dismantle but I'd probably do it. I wouldn't if vault space was increased, but I keep bumping up to the cap.

Yeah, that's definitely the hard part, especially since I no longer do the daily missions on all my characters. I haven't upgraded everything for TDB, and probably won't... but I won't shard them either. YOU NEVER KNOW.

LTWood12

Nightfall spoils:

Coiled Hiss 1919

Badger CCL w/ luck in the chamber, explosive rounds, snapshot, flared magwell, and Mulligan

12 Strange Coins

3rd week in a row w/out an exotic. As far as the Badger, I have a maxed Crusader I w/ Firefly and Luck in the Chamber. Is it worth leveling up the Badger?

Atkison04

In that you will have 200 less dollars and a paper weight.

I bought one and returned it to Amazon yesterday. I couldn't stay connected to my ps4 for more than a few minutes without it lagging hard and disconnecting me. I pretty much used it to go pick up bounties in the tower and trade out weapons in the vault. That's not worth $200 to me so i sent it back.

phen0m24

Being stuck at work sucks on Tuesdays, I will be running 3 Nightfalls and 3 Weekly's tonight starting around 8PM EST if anybody wants to join. I will be posting here as soon as I start the first one, PSN Shokleeto

sh0k I'm going to add you based on your avatar alone.

PSN ColonelOCorn

No comments from Narmer. LOL he has an anti-corn bias. :p

I'm in the same boat. I used to enthusiastically congratulate everyone when they got awesome stuff. Now I'm just bitter, especially when it comes to Hawkmoon.

I use HCs as my primary 50% of the time in PvE and 100% of the time in PvP so naturally I'd like to possess the best HC in the game. And when I wreck Hawkmoon users in crucible it kills me a little more inside knowing they have what I want and can't even do it justice.

Haha yeah, this is definitely me. Saw a guy go 2-13 in Rumble with a maxed out Hawkmoon...

There's just enough of them in the wild though to be spammed incessantly in Iron Banner though, infuriating.

And when a friend got his and the first thing he says is "Ugh, a hand cannon? Is this thing even goo-"

tumblr_inline_ni3olnYr8s1rdelxz.jpg

Nightfall spoils:

Coiled Hiss 1919

Badger CCL w/ luck in the chamber, explosive rounds, snapshot, flared magwell, and Mulligan

12 Strange Coins

3rd week in a row w/out an exotic. As far as the Badger, I have a maxed Crusader I w/ Firefly and Luck in the Chamber. Is it worth leveling up the Badger?

I only have crappy exotic weapons left to collect (Red Death and 4th Horseman are the only ones I don't have).

So I moreso want great legendary weapons with amazing rolls, The Calling Scout Rifle with firefly and other good perks would make my week. Rapier is awesome but would love that one too.

Nightfall spoils:

Coiled Hiss 1919

12 Strange Coins

If you got another scout with Firefly, I wouldn't bother.

GHorn is only weapon I care enough to keep a maxed version on each character.

Sorry so rare I don't have it yet, still looking (Just like that Gjallarhorn)

We passed around Gorgons earlier then did Atheon 3x already, but pretty sure all the Atheon CPs we had are gone now...

In that you will have 200 less dollars and a paper weight.

To be fair you can find used Vitas with memory cards much cheaper than that. It's essentially a "dead" system but still has a lot of value if its particular niche uses appeal to you. Definitely don't buy a new one though.

E92 M3

Ridiculous. That hype never went away. Glad I got the collector's edition, too. Still enjoying my "New Monarchy" ghost shell :p

However, the people posting in this thread are almost a totally different group of people that posted in the pre-release threads. I am one of the few that actually stuck around to enjoy the game!

I see some familiar faces from prerelease, but I had zero hype for the game - essentially disliked it and thought it was wrong. Didn't like the beta either and only bought it on impulse because the OT was soaked with hype.

Now here I am....

Qwell

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who wants 3 of every desirable weapon. Some guy last week got another hawkmoon but immediately sharded it, saying that while he loves the gun, he already has one. Simply being able to keep one on each of my characters, without the need to go to the Tower, is fantastic. It's why I have 3 Suros, 3 Truths, 3 Thunderlords, etc.
You aren't the only one, I have the following:

3x Fatebringer
3x Visions of Confluence
3x Corrective Measure
3x Icebreaker
3x Suros Regime
3x Atheon Epilogue
3x Black Hammer
3x Murmur
2x Gjallarhorn (would be 3 if I could)
2x Thunderlord (again, would be 3 if I could)
2x Patience and Time (was 4x but who the hell needs 4... or even 2, I never use the dang thing)
2x Hawkmoon
2x Thorn (used to be 3... might still be I lost track)
2x Pocket Infinity (used to be 3... but just too many exotics to use)
2x Bad JuJu (had never really used before, but really starting to like it)

I have quite a few other duplicates, but those are probably the most notable ones, I hate having to back out to the tower and swap stuff around, was really happy when I finally got my 3rd Icebreaker from the first Crota chest last week.

The most hype I have had for a game probably since Halo 2 or 3.

Game has its issues and things I would like to see change, but it is still the only game I play. I know Bungie makes some interesting choices but I have faith that it will only keep getting better.

I'm not sure hype would be the right word. I was definitely interested in that Bungie was doing a new IP, as well as what concepts they were going for.

Beta tempered things from getting a bit too crazy. I enjoyed it a lot, but felt that it was rather telling how things were structured, especially when the moon opened up.

Then the reviews, and the ugliness between this community initially and the rest...things started turning me off. Luckily I made the jump with the digital LE, and once things chilled out around here in OT it became pretty awesome.

Coconut

Banned
I bought one and returned it to Amazon yesterday. I couldn't stay connected to my ps4 for more than a few minutes without it lagging hard and disconnecting me. I pretty much used it to go pick up bounties in the tower and trade out weapons in the vault. That's not worth $200 to me so i sent it back.

It should not be bought as a thing that will let you play PS4 games it's barely a proper Indy game machine.

Frenden

Banned
I just can't level up that many exotics for it to really work for me. I keep one of each VoG primary on each character, if I had multiple ice breakers I'd obviously keep them. I've sharded a couple truths and thunderlords. I'll move them around when I need them, most of the time they're on my Titan for ruin wing destruction. Primary exotics I can't keep multiples of, since I always have so many primaries on each character. I haven't gotten a 2nd hawkmoon, that'd be hard to dismantle but I'd probably do it. I wouldn't if vault space was increased, but I keep bumping up to the cap.

I've sharded every duplicate exotic so far, but Hawkmoon, Icebreaker, and Gjally are three that I might not. This second Hawkmoon is still intact and I may keep it that way. If nothing else, I'd have a fully upgraded one for non-Iron Banner PvP after the level cap shitfuckery with House of Wolves.

Being stuck at work sucks on Tuesdays, I will be running 3 Nightfalls and 3 Weekly's tonight starting around 8PM EST if anybody wants to join. I will be posting here as soon as I start the first one, PSN Shokleeto

I'll send you a FR, should be on right about that time if you need someone send me an invite! I only have one character at the moment so could do one set of Nightfall and Weekly and then jump out if there's other people that need them.

PSN xx_shiv_xx

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
pretty measured. Didn't participate much in prerelease threads. Played the beta and enjoyed it quite a bit, decided to get in on launch night and spring for a white ps4.

My hype was dramatically higher (still is, in many ways) for Bloodborne, which I'd likely have bought a PS4 for if I didn't have one already for this. I enjoyed Halo, especially 2 which is one of my all-time favorites, but really never expected to like Destiny as much as I do.

phen0m24

3x Fatebringer
3x Visions of Confluence
3x Corrective Measure
3x Icebreaker
3x Suros Regime
3x Atheon Epilogue
3x Black Hammer
3x Murmur
2x Patience and Time (was 4x but who the hell needs 4... or even 2, I never use the dang thing)
2x Hawkmoon

I have quite a few other duplicates, but those are probably the most notable ones, I hate having to back out to the tower and swap stuff around, was really happy when I finally got my 3rd Icebreaker from the first Crota chest last week.

Qwell tell me they all aren't 300 or 331. Because if so, holy crapola. The sheer number of bounties to complete, or energies, or exotic shards and materials oh gosh the materials - that's just staggering. Trying to level up The Last Word for my son (after leveling Hawkmoon and his Don't Touch Me gauntlets) and I was like "Oh gosh. How much more can I take?"

All of those (above) read:

12,787 loops around Anchor of Light
3,212 loops around the Scablands
4,913 loops around the Ember Caves
173,000 trips to the Rocket Yard

I'm shaking just thinking about it.
Actually, I may have done the above just playing the game. SHUDDER

I'm in the same boat. I used to enthusiastically congratulate everyone when they got awesome stuff. Now I'm just bitter, especially when it comes to Hawkmoon.

I use HCs as my primary 50% of the time in PvE and 100% of the time in PvP so naturally I'd like to possess the best HC in the game. And when I wreck Hawkmoon users in crucible it kills me a little more inside knowing they have what I want and can't even do it justice.

I got my 6th HMoon and 4th GHorn today while playing with my buddy who has neither and has been playing tons since launch. I legit felt terrible, even though we still laughed about it. The loot system really needs more streak breakers, like in Crota's End where the drops are much improved over every other part of the game.

;_;

spyder_ur

3x Fatebringer
3x Visions of Confluence
3x Corrective Measure
3x Icebreaker
3x Suros Regime
3x Atheon Epilogue
3x Black Hammer
3x Murmur
2x Hawkmoon

OK seriously - how do you manage that many weapons? I'm running out of space as it is and I have no duplicates. Especially since you can only equip one and therefore I must assume you have a healthy stable of legendaries? Unless I'm missing something, the max number of guns you can have is 47.

3x Fatebringer
3x Visions of Confluence
3x Corrective Measure
3x Icebreaker
3x Suros Regime
3x Atheon Epilogue
3x Black Hammer
3x Murmur
2x Hawkmoon

I had duplicates of many great weapons, but once they introduced the relevelling with TDB and such I just got rid of all my extra exotics. I'm not leveling the same weapon like 6 times in 4 months. Fuck that.

Hopefully the vault improves, but I don't mind switching gear versus the time and effort needed to constantly relevel weapons.

Bogeypop

pretty measured. Didn't participate much in prerelease threads. Played the beta and enjoyed it quite a bit, decided to get in on launch night and spring for a white ps4.

My hype was dramatically higher (still is, in many ways) for Bloodborne, which I'd likely have bought a PS4 for if I didn't have one already for this. I enjoyed Halo, especially 2 which is one of my all-time favorites, but really never expected to like Destiny as much as I do.

We shall temporarily migrate to Bloodbourne OT together, Hawkian! That random dungeon will be nothing to fear with the power of the Crota cheese!

zewone

Bloodborne (and to a lesser extent DS2 port) will be what finally pulls me away from this game.

But I'll be back for Comet.

Tempered. The Alpha set the bar pretty low and the game more or less treaded water since release. I feel like I got my money's worth and have had plenty of fun moments with friends, but I play this game way more than I can logically explain for what is a 6/10 type experience.

It has tons of potential to be something amazing with improve men's to story and mission design, but whatever. Vault of Glass is good enough on its own for the price of admission. Bugs aside, it is an amazing multiplayer experience.

Gordon

Anybody know any good tech specs on range? I have a Comedian that's showing up as 30 range upgraded, base 15 on DestinyDB, while Found Verdict's stats are showing up as the same either way, at 21.

My Comedian has Hammer Forged/Rangefinder, whereas FV has Send It, and I know Send It along with the higher base range and impact should let me hit further harder with FV, but it feels the other way around in-game, so I'm trying to make sense of it.

Best I can figure my Comedian is shooting to 31.8 range scoped in, and FV is only hitting 21 because Send It is bugged maybe? It's not modifying the numeric stat on DestinyDB, nor does it feel like it's having any significant impact in-game. It does make the range 'progress bar' change, so it's not hitting an obvious cap.

E92 M3

3x Fatebringer
3x Visions of Confluence
3x Corrective Measure
3x Icebreaker
3x Suros Regime
3x Atheon Epilogue
3x Black Hammer
3x Murmur
2x Hawkmoon

Damn, those are some good drops. I regret not having multiple characters until TDB came out.

The most hype I have had for a game probably since Halo 2 or 3.

Game has its issues and things I would like to see change, but it is still the only game I play. I know Bungie makes some interesting choices but I have faith that it will only keep getting better.

Glad to see the hype paid of for you.

I'm not sure hype would be the right word. I was definitely interested in that Bungie was doing a new IP, as well as what concepts they were going for.

Beta tempered things from getting a bit too crazy. I enjoyed it a lot, but felt that it was rather telling how things were structured, especially when the moon opened up.

Then the reviews, and the ugliness between this community initially and the rest...things started turning me off. Luckily I mad the jump with the digital LE, and once things chilled out around here it became pretty awesome.

Destiny was the first game I bought digitally at full price. I think the DGE paid for itself 3 times over already.

I was pretty hyped. I loved all the previous Halo's, so I was excited to see what Bungie would do with a new IP.

Played the Alpha, Beta, and bought the Digital Deluxe Edition Day 1.

Out of all the times I got pretty hyped for a game, this one didn't let me down. Even with all its downsides, I can't walk away.

Trakan

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who wants 3 of every desirable weapon. Some guy last week got another hawkmoon but immediately sharded it, saying that while he loves the gun, he already has one. Simply being able to keep one on each of my characters, without the need to go to the Tower, is fantastic. It's why I have 3 Suros, 3 Truths, 3 Thunderlords, etc.

There's no way I'm leveling up even 2 of a duplicate exotic let alone 3. I have a second gjallarhorn but fuck that. It takes 2 minutes to switch characters. It's a pain in the ass but I'll take it over re-leveling so many exotics.

Top Bottom