• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

phen0m24

Wait, the exploding lantern trick still works? I thought that'd be the first thing they patched.

No need to wait for the explosion which apparently doesn't do anything now - yes, that was patched.

I have the Titan set as striker and with Higher Jump equipped. I also have Do Gooder V which I think is +2 agility? I may be wrong.

Anyway, I jump up on the rock, crouch close to the lamp, get weight down to 0, turn around, jump up to the ledge, turn around and watch the lamp explode. Then it's on my merry way. Now granted, I did the above having already raided legit with my Titan. I only did the jump for 2 27 buddies hoping for better gear.

I'm not sure if the +2 agility boost is the thing that gets the jump over the ledge. I haven't tried it with a different weapon - that's my raid primary. There is a video of someone doing this in OT 14.

EDIT Yes I have Do Gooder V which has a +2 agility perk, which I have equipped.

Updated list for my missing weapons:

|EXOTICS|
- Hankmoon
- Red Death
- Universal Remote
- Necrochasm
- The 4th Horseman

|RAID|
- Fatebringer
- Praetorian Foil
- Found Veredict
- Abssy Defiant
- Fang Of Ir Yut
- Oversoul Edict
- Word Of Crota
- Black Hammer
- Light Of The Abyss

I need them... please Xur or RNGesus.

Abyss Defiant? Oversoul Edict?

Waaaaa?

Are these some of the hard mode raid weapons? There are only 5 currently for CE.

You don't need explosion from what he said. Titan can jump high enough if you're quick enough before Weight of Darkness takes over.

My bad, should've kept reading.

They did patch it but you don't need it to do the skip. You can jump from the same rock up up to the ledge if you get your Weight down.

So they patched it and now you can technically cheese it in even less time because you don't get shot back so far. Nice one, Bungie.

Frostburn

Great day,

3 crota runs and got enough shards to get 2 toons to 32, hit the bottom gorgon chest after and finally got ghorn!
I almost wepped
Thanks frostburn. You made this gaffer a very happy man

Glad you had a good run, was fun man. Awesome to see you pull the Ghorn too!

raindoc

this game... i started three nightfalls solo, people joined halfway through/near the end every time. and every time they got exotic drops and extra legendary engrams.

now i just joined a Roc strike 30 sec before it ends and of course it is me who gets a legendary engram.

at least it's unfair to everyone at some point. except nami, of course.

Fake EDIT: Dupe LMG + Red Hand IX w/ Return to Sender and Send It.

tgAJduB.gif

joecanada

My bad, should've kept reading.

So they patched it and now you can technically cheese it in even less time because you don't get shot back so far. Nice one, Bungie.

The guy who posted the YouTube video said he knew about this before but waited for patch to leak it so they couldn't include it

I'm not sure if the +2 agility boost is the thing that gets the jump over the ledge. I haven't tried it with a different weapon - that's my raid primary. There is a video of someone doing this in OT 14.

I've done it as a Titan w/o an Agility weapon and with my agility near the minimum because I didn't bother to check it. I'm sure agility helps but not required.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Exotics I'm missing:

Hawkmoon
4th Horseman
Universal Remote
Thunderlord
Pocket Infinity
Super Good Advice

I have gotten the other exotic bounty set 8 times now.

phen0m24

you went the wrong way!! Come back!!

Rawr you should make a video of how to get to the chest. Or a screenshot with signs.

Jump here.

Then here.

Then into this cave.

Turn left.

Go straight.

Turn right and profit.

And shoot your leg while crouched in the water. Just to see what happens. ;)

inthrall

Managed to get the two armour pieces I was missing from Crota's End last night, so now need to upgrade them.... The radiant shards pain is real

Manp

Grats i got a heavy angram that turned into 2 energies...

wait, were you the other guy with Gav and me?
if yes when you guys were both pointing at me i lost it... i was in tears :D

btw this game is terrible at rewarding players. i mean, i'm happy i got the horn, i'm happy i got the second one but why nothing in 4 months and two in the last week along with fatebringer and the vex!?

not to mention that the guy i usually run weeklies with (Gav8in) is a much better player than me and he still don't have neither fb nor the horn :|

SkylineRKR

Best thing this day was me on my 29 Lock doing CE. Bridge was easy, I dropped my sword for a 32 who did it for me. For the rest Fatebringer pretty much one shotted everything and Horn made short work of bigger guys. Best part was the second chest, which I actually managed to get on my 29 lock while all my teammates failed.

My mate got Horn from Ir Yut, finally. I was on my third and he was fuming over it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
After thousands of scout rifle kills, I can say, with 100% certainty, that the MIDA Multi Tool is the game's best scout rifle. The shooting speed, the reload speed, the movement speed bonus, magazine size... just can't be topped. I have some legendary scouts with outlaw, firefly, etc, but they just seem so sluggish compared to MIDA. Note that I don't really mind pulling the trigger per shot, so the VoC auto bonus doesn't do much for me, though the elemental buff is nice :) A 331 VoC would be top. I think.

Nightfall rewards (b/c I know you really care):

1) 12 ass energies. Yep. 12. ASS ENERGIES. FU BUNGLE
2) Void 331 Sniper w/ firefly, perfect balance, field scout, spray and play and agility boost (ok, not great)
3) Alpha Lupi chest (4th time I've received this via Nightfall) STOP GIVING ME THESE PLEASE

Seeing the window cheese at sepiks was nice. Never saw that before.

What window cheese? The area on the left?

Dunk#7

After thousands of scout rifle kills, I can say, with 100% certainty, that the MIDA Multi Tool is the game's best scout rifle. The shooting speed, the reload speed, the movement speed bonus, magazine size... just can't be topped. I have some legendary scouts with outlaw, firefly, etc, but they just seem so sluggish compared to MIDA. Note that I don't really mind pulling the trigger per shot, so the VoC auto bonus doesn't do much for me, though the elemental buff is nice :) A 331 VoC would be top. I think.

I still rely a lot on an old 300 crucible weapon "Cryptic Dragon" that has 27 in a clip and has firefly

Top Bottom