• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Agreed. Coins too, that is what the weekly is for.

I don't mind coins, now that they fixed it with the patch so you're not getting 4. I helped a friend last night and he ended up getting 11. That's better than a dupe exotic, and for people that don't run 3 characters, that can really help out.

The patch notes said it would include a chance at armour too. Likely chest, boots and gauntlets, helmet is always saved for the last boss (Atheon, Crota).

No it doesn't.

The patch notes specifically say
The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.

I think a lot of people are confusing the comma placement. "Exotic weapons and armor" is not the same as "Exotic weapons, and armor"

ethomaz

Banned
Just to be sure guys...

The part before the Crota where it have a lot of Knight I got a Raid Gloves to my Warlock (already had one).

The guys playing with me (Marcello) can confirm.

If it is the place then it is dropping armor.

I've done it as a Titan w/o an Agility weapon and with my agility near the minimum because I didn't bother to check it. I'm sure agility helps but not required.

Was messing around with titan max agility, MIDA +2 agility and the MIDA perk and was funny realizing the thrawls couldn't catch me even with weight of darkness x10. MIDA Multitool is the shit

zewone

No it doesn't.

I think a lot of people are confusing the comma placement. "Exotic weapons and armor" is not the same as "Exotic weapons, and armor"

Right, but it's still Bungie's mistake since we obviously know at this point that the 1st chest (or any chest) will not drop exotic armor.

It's the exact same loot table as the old chest.

Speaking of the MIDA, do the staggering rounds fired from this weapon work in PvP? I swear it seems like it's pretty noticeable in PvE but nonexistent when I'm shooting at players in crucible matches.

That's a good question. I don't play a ton of PvP to begin with and haven't really tried out the MIDA in that setting.

Jinjo

It did say that, but it doesn't drop. It's literally the exact same as the 1st chest from before.

I didn't know Hunger of Crota was sought after. I got 3 before I got what I really wanted, Black Hammer.

I already got Black Hammer twice lol. Hunger of Crota was the one gun I really wanted. And the helm too, so I can wear Ruin Wings on my Titan. Pretty psyched after a two week drought.

zewone

I already got Black Hammer twice lol. Hunger of Crota was the one gun I really wanted. And the helm too, so I can wear Ruin Wings on my Titan. Pretty psyched after a two week drought.

Titan helm and Ruin Wings are my preferred build too. Congrats.

Hoodbury

Right, but it's still Bungie's mistake since we obviously know at this point that the 1st chest (or any chest) will not drop exotic armor.

It's the exact same loot table as the old chest.

Just to be sure guys...

The part before the Crota where it have a lot of Knight I got a Raid Gloves to my Warlock (already had one).

The guys playing with me (Marcello) can confirm.

If it is the place then it is dropping armor.
Sigh.

DNAbro

So I want to run Vault of Glass Hard mode today even though I've never done it before, anybody want to start one up soon and help with the mechanics?

Frenden

Banned
Must... catch... them... all...

exotics.png

I've got longer to go than I thought. :/

No it doesn't.

This would be the first time EVER that an enemy encounter drops exotic armour. Seems like they fucked up the description. No one has gotten exotic armour either.

Was messing around with titan max agility, MIDA +2 agility and the MIDA perk and was funny realizing the thrawls couldn't catch me even with weight of darkness x10. MIDA Multitool is the shit

It really is. On top of all of this agility talk, the gun hits pretty hard and is just a head shot machine (I'm not sure why this is...).

Homeboyd

Too many PNSIS in here. Add me on boner if that's what you're rolling. Running crota's, vog's, weeklies, etc tonight. Already did NF's but will help.

Homeboyd903

XBONE ONLY. GET OUT OF HERE PNSISSSSS

Must... catch... them... all...

exotics.png

I've got longer to go than I thought. :/

Looks like all I need is:

Weapons:
1. 4th Horseman
2. Red Death

Armour:
1. Skull of Dire Ahamakara
2. Apotheosis Veil
3. Sunbreakers (Yup!)
4. The Glasshouse
5. ATS/8 Arachnid
6. Radiant Dance Machines

Nothing outstanding except The Glasshouse. I want that really bad.

Any others worth chasing?

Spiders

Deathsinger was very generous during our first run:

10917137_508735322597541_3481983176899046800_o.jpg

Got some great drops today:

- Dragon's Breath x2 from Deathsinger
- Raid helmet for warlock, titan and hunter from Crota
- Suros from Crota
- Hawkmoon from Nightfall

I already had all of the exotics, but it still feels nice to get so many on the same day.

Qwell

You aren't the only one, I have the following:

3x Fatebringer - 3x max
3x Visions of Confluence - 3x max
3x Corrective Measure - 3x max
3x Vex Mythoclast - 2x max last is maybe 2 bubs
3x Icebreaker - 2x max (plus 2 were max then upgraded, and maxed again) and the 3rd has both perks unlocked 2 bubs from max)
3x Suros Regime - (2x were 300 maxed, then upgraded and maxed again, last one is about 3 bubs from max)
3x Atheon Epilogue - 3x max
3x Black Hammer - 3x exp maxed, only 1 fully maxed, and the others I'm waiting until I get my titan 32 before spending more energy, but I have lots
3x Murmur - 3x maxed
2x Gjallarhorn (would be 3 if I could) - 2x maxed (1 was max 300, upgraded and maxed again in 1 day)
2x Thunderlord (again, would be 3 if I could) - 1 was max 300, upgraded and now 2x 3 bubs from max
2x Patience and Time (was 4x but who the hell needs 4... or even 2, I never use the dang thing) only 1 has both perks unlocked and 3 bubs from max
2x Hawkmoon - 2x 300 max then upgraded and both are 3 bubs from max again
2x Thorn (used to be 3... might still be I lost track) 2x 300 maxed, upgraded 2x and only just barely have both specials maxed on the 2x upgraded
2x Pocket Infinity (used to be 3... but just too many exotics to use) 2x max 300 then upgraded and 1x max now
2x Bad JuJu (had never really used before, but really starting to like it) 2x upgraded and now both are 2 bubs from max I think

I have quite a few other duplicates, but those are probably the most notable ones, I hate having to back out to the tower and swap stuff around, was really happy when I finally got my 3rd Icebreaker from the first Crota chest last week.
I see I may be just a little crazy, so yah not all of them are maxed, but all of them have both all the special perks unlocked and that isn't even all the exotics I have. It should also be noted that I did have to relevel a LOT of those, I think some people probably heard me talk in chat about how the first week of upgrades I think I spent about 100k in glimmer buying the upgrades and leveling them again, it was nuts.

I really spend wwaaaaayyy too much time on the game, its my MMO roots, I'm so used the grinds from Everquest and WoW that this grind is like nothing to me. I just put a movie or TV show on my PC and just start a killin, I'm have bounty routes down and pretty much do all Vanguard and ERIS bounties on all 3x characters, I don't PVP a ton so I don't do too many bounties for them, all 3x characters are rank 4 with ERIS.

I have been doing VoG for quite a while so even with maxing all those weapons multiple times I still have a good stash, not too great though, maybe 180 energies and like 400 shards. Its really the glimmer holding me back, I got a little burnt out on glimmer farming, I would probably do it more often if I could easily grab the normal gatekeepers checkpoint. I used to do Excursion Zone but after I found how quickly, even solo, I could gain at the gatekeepers its hard to go back.

Hoodbury

Is this like Lik getting armor from the 2nd chest? A one time glitch? Or has anyone else reported it?

Lol, who knows. It's only been what, 12 hours since the reset? Sample size is still kinda small for the Singer I would think? But ya, strange only 1 report of armor so far. /leaning towards user error, heh.

LiK

Lol, who knows. It's only been what, 12 hours since the reset? Sample size is still kinda small for the Singer I would think? But ya, strange only 1 report of armor so far. /leaning towards user error, heh.

Nope, I was with 4 other guys when I got it. They were there. They're not Gaffers, just guys I know from CAG.

Qwell

Oh and about how much room I have on characters, I typically only have 1 to 2 open slots in my vault and typically 1 to 2 open slots per character per weapon type. That is why I would pay good money for Bungie to just increase the dang gum vault space. I know folks don't like people admitting they would pay money for things that should just be in the game ... but what can I say, I'm hooked and this game is actually saving me money now as I actually stopped buying other games after I realized this is all I play.

I know ... I'm pathetic :(

tanooki27

attempted VoG for the first time last night courtesy of the player finder site. mind-blowing stuff. we got a bit past the
Gorgons
and had to quit for the night, but by that point it was confirmed - this was the best gaming experience I'd had with a circa 2014 title.

my impressions were firmly set after finagling with the game mostly solo from launch through mid-december. but today I see it's impossible to offer a comprehensive opinion of Destiny without having at least once attempted VoG.

our hushed team crouched and snaking through the gorgon maze. the Big Leaps. the utter fucking confusion and near-despair handed down by the templar, the batshit bit with the relic dude having to jump through multiple portals. that's where we had to call it a night.

zewone

Nope, I was with 4 other guys when I got it. They were there. They're not Gaffers, just guys I know from CAG.

I think he actually meant Ir Yut dropping armor, but again, you are the only person I've ever seen say they got armor from that chest.

So it's likely a one time glitch.

Top Bottom