• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

I'm setting up a PS4 fireteam to go as soon as Hard Mode is unlocked tomorrow. The goal is to try to be the first to beat Hard Mode for Todd. Or at least be the first GAF team.

If interested, reply to this post with your PSN and what class you'll be using.

Note: in order to be part of the team, you'll need to meet some requirements.

1) You'll need to be 32.
Sorry, but I'm not taking any 31s. The raid has level 33 enemies and we're trying to be the first team to beat it. Sorry.

2) Maxed out weapons
Please bring your best 331 weapons. You can bring a maxed out Fatebringer since it still outperforms almost all legendary 331 HC

3) You need to know how to do the raid legit
Sorry, but since Fig is coming, we're doing this legit.
Being serious here, I want the first run to be legit.

We can cheese it when she's gone. :3

4) You need to be available most of (if not all) day tomorrow
We don't know how long this is going to take. Bungie has stated there'll be new mechanics in Hard Mode. Expect it to take longer than a normal CE run.

5) Mic
Need I say more?

Here's the fireteam so far:
1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - rodiard needs to give me his deets!
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Yes, this will be livestreamed for other Gaffers. I'll post a link to my twitch stream before the patch is out.

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!
No time will be spent on getting the first chest.

7) If we don't make it, fuck it
If no one gets inside the second chest room, we continue with our run.

Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

ocean

Banned
Deku, Rob and the rest of the guys: sorry but I have to go to school! I'd already done Crota on that character but stuck around to help out. Really wish I could've stayed to the end but I shouldn't be missing classes :/

Deku Tree

Deku, Rob and the rest of the guys: sorry but I have to go to school! I'd already done Crota on that character but stuck around to help out. Really wish I could've stayed to the end but I shouldn't be missing classes :/

No worries. Important to go to class.

ocean

Banned
I'm setting up a PS4 fireteam to go as soon as Hard Mode is unlocked tomorrow. The goal is to try to be the first to beat Hard Mode for Todd. Or at least be the first GAF team.

1) You'll need to be 32.
Sorry, but I'm not taking any 31s. The raid has level 33 enemies and we're trying to be the first team to beat it. Sorry.

2) Maxed out weapons
Please bring your best 331 weapons. You can bring a maxed out Fatebringer since it still outperforms almost all legendary 331 HC

We don't know how long this is going to take. Bungie has stated there'll be new mechanics in Hard Mode. Expect it to take longer than a normal CE run.

5) Mic
Need I say more?

2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Yes, this will be livestreamed for other Gaffers. I'll post a link to my twitch stream before the patch is out.
I'd love to join. No class tomorrow! 32 Titan :)

331 Weapons: Fatebringer (don't make him feel bad, don't mention he's only 300) Hawkmoon, Up For Anything, Light of the Abyss, Swordbreaker, Hunger of Crota, Ice Breaker, LDR, SUROS)

I'd have loved to join with Saint-14 or Ruin Wings but I don't have the shards for that kind of setup. I'll be locked to Armamentarium to stay at 32.

A_javierp on PSN.

1) You'll need to be 32.

2) Maxed out weapons

5) Mic
Need I say more?

4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

I'm down 32 hunter maxed weapons psn death4romabove22

EL CUCO

HM opens at 10am PST, not EST.

Gonna run CE as soon as I get home before I do anything else. Both of my characters are at 31 for different reasons.

My hunter actually has a full set, including the helmet (lol) but almost all the rolls on them suck and are all over the place. Not to mention I simply don't have enough shards at the moment to upgrade all of it even if I wanted to.

Meanwhile my Titan has gloves and boots with PERFECT rolls. The gloves are maxed and I'm about one bubble from maxed boots but once again, I'm out of shards.

I have a lot of energy, but I'm still like two days worth of bounties (or a double bounty reset trick) out from hitting rank 4 so I can convert the energies to shards.

I'm really hoping the chest or helmet drop for my titan today. If I can get either I'll run the Nightfall for the bonus, then I'll dump all of today's bounties and shard my hunters crummy raid gear if I have to so I can hit 32 on at least one of my accounts by tomorrow.

I'm even finally considering creating a dup alt Titan for more chances at the raid.

What has happened to me....

1) You'll need to be 32.

2) Maxed out weapons

5) Mic
Need I say more?

4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!

I'm up for this. 32 Hunter or Titan. 331 Ghorn, IB, BH, etc...
PSN Captain_Cold

Also I think it starts at 10am pacific, so 1pm eastern.

I'm thinking of waiting. 3 x Nightfall, 3 x Weekly and 3 x VoG after work today should be enough. We'll see what the guys I play with think about it though.

Finally got my Gjallarhorn yesterday. Joined a friend for some Iron Banner even though I already was at rank 5. Played so bad that I got embarrassed. Lo and behold a Gjallarhorn drops. Last place with K/D at 0.77 or something like that.

That was you?

Saw something like this happen in a control match I was in yesterday. ;)

1) You'll need to be 32.

2) Maxed out weapons

5) Mic
Need I say more?

4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

I'll be on, 32 Warlock.

zewone

Nightfall 1: 9 Ass Shards
Nightfall 2: 10 Ass Shards
Nightfall 3: 10 Strange Coins

qUkZh4e.jpg

Trakan

The RNG in this game is so terrible.

Nightfall #1 - Mask of the Third Man #3
Nightfall #2 - Suros Regime #7
Nightfall #3 - Universal Remote #2

Gorgon chest reward - Universal Remote #3

So many shards.

Namikaze1

1) You'll need to be 32.

2) Maxed out weapons

5) Mic
Need I say more?

4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!

Added a few more things and changed the time. Forgot Bungie goes by PST.

Also, a link to my twitch account is there. Stream will be going up around 9:30 AM PST / 12:30 PM EST.

Arc burn Summoning Pits? Bring it. So happy to have a burn on the weekly too.

My,
Fatebrigner
LDR 5001
Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord
say hi.

I think I might keep horn as my heavy since I can use that to blast all the wizards when they dog pile into the stair case during the 3 waves section. Phogoth, put out the crackers and get ready for some cheese, especially with the LDR armor piercing rounds.

gdt

Got mask of the 3rd man from the first Nightfall. Didn't have it so that's good.

Other two I got meh legendaries.

Was hoping for a Suros or a Thunderlord.

Edit: Any interest in some quick 3x Atheon kills? Got 3 right now. We've got the Gorgon CP.

1.) <--- that guy
2.) Banned Belgian
3.) YKERR
4.)
5.)
6.)

Namikaze1

I'm up for this. 32 Hunter or Titan. 331 Ghorn, IB, BH, etc...
PSN Captain_Cold

Also I think it starts at 10am pacific, so 1pm eastern.
The whole 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST is for party chat. I want everyone to be in party chat an hour early just in case patch goes live earlier or someone needs to drop out.

Nightfall #1 -> Thunderlord, didn't have, yaaaaaay!
Nightfall #2 -> Legendary Heavy engram -> The Culling, will shard
Nightfall #3 -> Stand Asides (second week where Warlock got Titan armor), didn't check stats but already have them

NF was a fucking bitch, but it did give me a legendary void fusion rifle so it wasn't all that bad (FUCK YOU KNIGHTS). Now I just need a legendary void sniper rifle

rNilla

I have 32 of everything but will probably bring my Hunter unless another Titan will be more useful for the group.

I have 300 Fatebringer, 331 Another NitC, 331 Gjallarhorn, 331 LDR 5001 (vendor), 324 Black Hammer. Ice Breaker, Red Death and MIDA will also be 331 by tomorrow.

TODAY'S THEME: MORE NEBULAE

I will be trying to post pictures as often as I can, on weekdays only since that is when I am at work and have access to our database of pictures.

Enjoy!

Western Veil Nebula
0WX5wl.jpg

Eastern Veil Nebula
aBouur.jpg

Orion Nebula
MR578z.jpg

Flame Nebula
sSyuXG.jpg

Nebulae are always so fascinating for me, the remnants of dead stars, they are the locations in the universe where new stars and thus new planets are born. Giving life to new Solar Systems and whatever evolves on those planets.

The saying "we are all made of star-stuff", made famous by Carl Sagan, is directly tied to this as we were once nothing but what we see in these pictures.

Top Bottom