• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Dave_6

I got the Chance as a drop last night. It has outlaw but doesn't have field scout which means only a 6 round clip. Worth keeping or vault it to see if I get a better one later?

Trakan

My amazing VoG no exotics (other than Vex) run continues. 12 raid clears (I know that is low compared to others) without getting an exotic from gorgon chest or Atheon. Stop holding out on me Atheon, I know you have that Hawkmoon for me. Check between the couch cushions, I am positive it is there.

I've had some better luck with the chest recently, but in like the first ~50 runs I did, I got 2 exotics from the chest total and 2 from atheon total.

36 clears, one exotic - a 300 attack Plan C lol. And that was couple of weeks ago

I knew someone on GAF could cheer me up! Haha, I feel for you. At this point, my wish list is so narrow for exotic weapons I am not sweating it that much. I am more focused on getting a variety of exotic armor for all three of my classes to experiment with different builds. Xur helps with that a lot and I can consistently get coins every week.

todd360

I'm setting up a PS4 fireteam to go as soon as Hard Mode is unlocked tomorrow. The goal is to try to be the first to beat Hard Mode for Todd. Or at least be the first GAF team.

If interested, reply to this post with your PSN and what class you'll be using.

Note: in order to be part of the team, you'll need to meet some requirements.

1) You'll need to be 32.
Sorry, but I'm not taking any 31s. The raid has level 33 enemies and we're trying to be the first team to beat it. Sorry.

2) Maxed out weapons
Please bring your best 331 weapons. You can bring a maxed out Fatebringer since it still outperforms almost all legendary 331 HC

3) You need to know how to do the raid legit
Sorry, but since Fig is coming, we're doing this legit.
Being serious here, I want the first run to be legit.

We can cheese it when she's gone. :3

4) You need to be available most of (if not all) day tomorrow
We don't know how long this is going to take. Bungie has stated there'll be new mechanics in Hard Mode. Expect it to take longer than a normal CE run.

5) Mic
Need I say more?

Here's the fireteam so far:
1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - rodiard needs to give me his deets!
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Yes, this will be livestreamed for other Gaffers. I'll post a link to my twitch stream before the patch is out.

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!
No time will be spent on getting the first chest.

7) If we don't make it, fuck it
If no one gets inside the second chest room, we continue with our run.

Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

I want in on this soooo bad.

I have faith in you, fig, and random gaffers though. Destinygaf will win tomorrow. Prime guard can get rekked.

Is this what you do for your profession?

Let me grab that checkpoint. I have not log back in since the reset and soloing the confluxes, oracles and templar ;)
amazing stuff :)

I love all of them, especially Orion Nebula.

dat-ass-meme-240x180.jpg

I'm so jealous.

I am glad you are all enjoying them! It is my profession, I am a teacher/educator with specialization in astronomy, physics and environmental science.

I am glad you are all enjoying them! It is my profession, I am a teacher/educator with specialization in astronomy, physics and environmental science.
Thats a legit job imo keep posting them! Jelly better than being free labor very soon D:

edit: gorgon cp is close but sure enough, plenty of people have it and I can get on later if its still desired

Omni

3 gorgon chests - Nothing but energies and shards
3 nightfalls - Nothing but energies and a useless legendary machine-gun.

:(

Man it hurts not doing anything at reset or anything at all yet today.

I went 6 resets in a row being up at 4am for 3x3x3

Last week I knocked it down to just x3 CE, and today I haven't done anything since I am at work.

It is killing me inside!!!

Deku let me know when you are good for Nightfalls tonight, if you have that Gorgon checkpoint too that would be awesome.

Omni

Dude you had an GC checkpoint??? Do you still have it later??

Yaaar I have it every week. And yes! It's like 2am here so I won't be on for a while though. I just woke up and wanted to post my disappointment about the nightfalls earlier xD

Good thing about being here in Australia. Reset happens at 8pm and it's easy for me to keep checkpoints

Man it hurts not doing anything at reset or anything at all yet today.

I went 6 resets in a row being up at 4am for 3x3x3

Last week I knocked it down to just x3 CE, and today I haven't done anything since I am at work.

It is killing me inside!!!

Deku let me know when you are good for Nightfalls tonight, if you have that Gorgon checkpoint too that would be awesome.
first time since November
besides finals week for me
I did not do the raids, nightfalls and weeklies at the reset. Frankly it's not bugging me. Looking forward to doing CE hard mode however but after that I might take it slow for now. Will still do the raids, nightfalls and weeklies each week still but after that..we will see how it goes :/
Edit: will be playin Resident evil till I get to X spot then suddenly stop playing it haha

Lima

Shit, my Warlock CE raid armor gives me ZERO Intellect. Completely useless for PVP

The questions is why would you use your raid gear apart from the boots in PvP? I always use a vanguard gauntlet and chest piece, exotic helmet and raid boots. Even in IB it doesn't matter if you are 32 so I played lots of it as a 31.

I did not do the raids, nightfalls and weeklies at the reset. Frankly it's not bugging me. Looking forward to doing CE hard mode however but after that I might take it slow for now. Will still do the raids, nightfalls and weeklies each week still but after that..we will see how it goes :/
We will have to rankup all of our gorgeous new raid primaries!!

Homeboyd

Dude you had an GC checkpoint??? Do you still have it later??

Yaaar I have it every week. And yes! It's like 2am here so I won't be on for a while though. I just woke up and wanted to post my disappointment about the nightfalls earlier xD

Good thing about being here in Australia. Reset happens at 8pm and it's easy for me to keep checkpoints
Save a CP please :) Sucks every week when 23,908,723,489,056,234,958,623,490,562,340,523,408,563,420,185,624,085,620 PNS's are sharing the gorgon CP and the 3 xbox people on here don't have it.

It is weird going from being on paid holidays playing a whole bunch to being back at work. Basically on only after 9pm EST on weekdays (get home, help with dinner, do stuff with the kids, get them to bed, then finally free). Then weekends can be busy too so it is hit or miss if I can play most of the day or if it ends up being an after 9pm EST thing like the weekdays.

Reset time is nice since everyone is asleep, I just couldn't justify doing it this morning and then tomorrow for the hard mode since I am taking time off work to do it.

Will be back to x3 Crota's End for next week's reset.

So what is the strike this week and burn? Does the weekly have the burn too? Please have a burn too.

It is weird going from being on paid holidays playing a whole bunch to being back at work. Basically on only after 9pm EST on weekdays (get home, help with dinner, do stuff with the kids, get them to bed, then finally free). Then weekends can be busy too so it is hit or miss if I can play most of the day or if it ends up being an after 9pm EST thing like the weekdays.

Reset time is nice since everyone is asleep, I just couldn't justify doing it this morning and then tomorrow for the hard mode since I am taking time off work to do it.

So what is the strike this week and burn? Does the weekly have the burn too? Please have a burn too.
in my case I feel like I am getting burnt out. I tend to do that however really surprise I kept playing destiny over the last 3.5 months.
Moon + arc for both

milkham

phogoth arc burn, burn on weekly as well

Shito

So, was busy at work those past hours upgrading Windows and OSX (oh the joy): is the patch live or is it still not there?

Top Bottom