• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Thrak360

Neo Member
So I initially ranked up FWC faction to level 3 to unlock everything for purchase from that vendor. Then I took off the faction item to rank up Vanguard to level 3. So my noob question, going forward...

Do the random rewards differ much for each successive rank, FWC versus Vanguard? I gather that sticking with the faction includes possibility of unique faction ships/shaders. But other than that cosmetic stuff, is it about the same? Rank up and have a chance to get weapons/armor/materials?

Thanks.

Dazzler

Collecting Exotics is dangerous business

I've gone from only having Hard Light a week ago to the beginnings of a collecton

I've got:

Hard Light
Ice Breaker
Dragon's Breath
Invective

Need moar

Suros Regime and ballerhorn are top of my want list

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How long do you think it's going to take the worlds first to beat Crota HM? One hour? Two hours?

I honestly expect it to be significantly harder, so much so that most of us won't beat it for a few days. VoG hard mode actually wasn't much harder or different, outside of the "don't die" change.

The real question is... do I come in with my warlock, titan or hunter, all of which will be 32...? I'm thinking warlock for the self-rez.

It sold upgrade for exclusive content? I'm curious what xbox had in the place of Monte Carlo.
It added an extra row to the bottom with just Monte Carlo or Hawkmoon.
Destiny_20141228213455.jpg

Namikaze1

I'm setting up a PS4 fireteam to go as soon as Hard Mode is unlocked tomorrow. The goal is to try to be the first to beat Hard Mode for Todd. Or at least be the first GAF team.

If interested, reply to this post with your PSN and what class you'll be using.

Note: in order to be part of the team, you'll need to meet some requirements.

1) You'll need to be 32.
Sorry, but I'm not taking any 31s. The raid has level 33 enemies and we're trying to be the first team to beat it. Sorry.

2) Maxed out weapons
Please bring your best 331 weapons. You can bring a maxed out Fatebringer since it still outperforms almost all legendary 331 HC

3) You need to know how to do the raid legit
Sorry, but since Fig is coming, we're doing this legit.
Being serious here, I want the first run to be legit.

We can cheese it when she's gone. :3

4) You need to be available most of (if not all) day tomorrow
We don't know how long this is going to take. Bungie has stated there'll be new mechanics in Hard Mode. Expect it to take longer than a normal CE run.

5) Mic
Need I say more?

Here's the fireteam so far:
1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - rodiard needs to give me his deets!
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Yes, this will be livestreamed for other Gaffers. I'll post a link to my twitch stream before the patch is out.

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!
No time will be spent on getting the first chest.

7) If we don't make it, fuck it
If no one gets inside the second chest room, we continue with our run.

Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01
Sign-ups will close in less than an hour and a half.

Worst loot for nightfall I've had in a while

1st - 4th Suros
2nd - 7 shards
3rd - 7 energy

Amazing.

Now to get dissapointed with Crota and Aetheon. Any raids starting up?

gdt

Just a quick question.

Won't be able to hard mode until Thursday, are we gonna do any spoilers for new hard mode stuff?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just a quick question.

Won't be able to hard mode until Thursday, are we gonna do any spoilers for new hard mode stuff?

There's no spoilers, so I dunno what people would spoil. Game mechanics? I vote no spoiler tags!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Look at them pages! Onward to 200, let us craft the fabled One-Xur thread!
Given engrams' proclivity to turn ascendant, I think they shouldn't be a part of the Nightfall loot table. They should limit it to a guaranteed Legendary or Exotic Weapon/Armor, none of this ass nonsense.
engrams definitely shouldn't be in the roll, but also shouldn't decrypt directly to materials. It's the last vestige of the original, antagonistic engram system. You should get an item, then decide if it's worth keeping or converting to shards/energy.
It sold upgrade for exclusive content? I'm curious what xbox had in the place of Monte Carlo.
There was an extra line in the upgrade screen.
So I initially ranked up FWC faction to level 3 to unlock everything for purchase from that vendor. Then I took off the faction item to rank up Vanguard to level 3. So my noob question, going forward...

Do the random rewards differ much for each successive rank, FWC versus Vanguard? I gather that sticking with the faction includes possibility of unique faction ships/shaders. But other than that cosmetic stuff, is it about the same? Rank up and have a chance to get weapons/armor/materials?

Thanks.
You get rewards from that vendor for ranking up. I.e., the armor and weapons from the vanguard, or armor and weapons from the FWC. So if there's something in particular you're trying to get out of a package it's worth sticking with that faction. Getting Vanguard to 3 is definitely worthwhile (and Crucible for that matter, if you're earning enough marks to take advantage of FWC in the first place) just to have access to the majority of vendor weapons.

EL CUCO

Thanks.
Its been my experience that Vanguard/Crucible packages give a weapon more often than factions but It's completely random. You're at the mercy of RNG.

As far as cosmetics, I haven't seen/heard of an instance where a Vanguard/Crucible package gives you a faction shader. If you want a specific shader, I'd stick with the faction it belongs to. **shakes fist at Dead Orbit**

Thanks.

Vanguard rewards you with X Vanguard weapons with Y perks, Vanguard commendation and Z mats. Meanwhile Faction will reward you with A Faction weapons with Y perks, Crucible commendation with Z mats, and
very low %
faction shader.

I have never heard your voice lol
I heard it :p only in as " theres X on Bravo" or " we are losing Y point". Nonetheless I barely hear you still ;)

edit: just notice I put fraction for faction..meh I am out of this thread for real this time..

..but also shouldn't decrypt directly to materials. It's the last vestige of the original, antagonistic engram system. You should get an item, then decide if it's worth keeping or converting to shards/energy...

This. There is no shortage of ways to get ascendant materials. In the rare cases you end up with a legendary engram, it should decrypt to the corresponding slot.

recks

Every time Dead Orbit ranks up I get my hopes up... Every time I get disappointed :(

These shaders and ship is all I want from this game, RNGesus pls

gdt

Any reasons in particular why this would be considered?

K I guess I will keep it lol, I don't really use scout rifles a lot (though I want to grind for the grimoire point) so I don't know the strengths in using one

Badger has very high impact. That's a beast of a roll you just got.

EL CUCO

Any reasons in particular why this would be considered?

K I guess I will keep it lol, I don't really use scout rifles a lot (though I want to grind for the grimoire point) so I don't know the strengths in using one
With Outlaw + Firefly you have the same perks as the crucible Rapier, but the Badger has it beat with more impact.

Bogeypop

Got this in a Vanguard package. Worth keeping?

It has send it, but no field scout and it is elemental-less

Clearly everyone in the thread doesn't know what they're talking about. It's trash, dismantle it.
Congrats, it's a keeper.

On a different subject, any Nightfall teams going on?

ocean

Banned

Hu4SG2F.jpg
You hit the jackpot, it's a keeper. Two guns have guaranteed Outlaw+Firefly: Fatebringer (stuck at 300 attack) and the vendor Saterienne Rapier.

Badger has better impact than the SR. and you got a drop with those two wonderful perks. They work so well together that it's hard to pass up. It's a definite keeper, max that quick.

KxoZz

I'm setting up a PS4 fireteam to go as soon as Hard Mode is unlocked tomorrow. The goal is to try to be the first to beat Hard Mode for Todd. Or at least be the first GAF team.

If interested, reply to this post with your PSN and what class you'll be using.

Note: in order to be part of the team, you'll need to meet some requirements.

1) You'll need to be 32.
Sorry, but I'm not taking any 31s. The raid has level 33 enemies and we're trying to be the first team to beat it. Sorry.

2) Maxed out weapons
Please bring your best 331 weapons. You can bring a maxed out Fatebringer since it still outperforms almost all legendary 331 HC

3) You need to know how to do the raid legit
Sorry, but since Fig is coming, we're doing this legit.
Being serious here, I want the first run to be legit.

We can cheese it when she's gone. :3

4) You need to be available most of (if not all) day tomorrow
We don't know how long this is going to take. Bungie has stated there'll be new mechanics in Hard Mode. Expect it to take longer than a normal CE run.

5) Mic
Need I say more?

Here's the fireteam so far:
1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - rodiard needs to give me his deets!
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Yes, this will be livestreamed for other Gaffers. I'll post a link to my twitch stream before the patch is out.

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!
No time will be spent on getting the first chest.

7) If we don't make it, fuck it
If no one gets inside the second chest room, we continue with our run.

Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

I'm down!
lvl 32 Warlock - Fatebringer, Black Hammer, Yolohorn (all maxed) will be what i'll probably roll with, but have a 331 another nitc with firefly and luck in the chamber as backup if FB doesn't cut it.
Love doing it legit - much fun. I am very comfortable in any roll, swordbearer too and know how to stay alive.
I'll be on all day tomorrow, so you can count on me being there! :p

psn: KxozZ

El Sloth

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/Hu4SG2F.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
I spent something like ~40 motes just get one of my Iron Banner scout rifles with those perks. I'd say it's worth it, especially on the Badger.

Top Bottom