• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah I know they're weaker to me than Scout Rifles and Auto Rifles, I tend to enjoy using Scout Rifles most of the time. It's a huge upgrade though, considering every weapon I had before was at the 242 attack fully upgraded.

Haha I was really confused during all that, shards are really useful for me currently, gotta upgrade my boots :D.

Well you're in luck because I'm going to show you where you will definitely get shards.

Namikaze1

I wish I was free to take lead. We have to depend on nami!
DestinyGAF, lend me your energy!
UiY10.gif

For rolling alts, is it better to roll one of each class, to utilize all of the drops you get, or three of one class? I guess it depends on whether the raid drops are tailored to your class or not. Anyone have any idea?

For rolling alts, is it better to roll one of each class, to utilize all of the drops you get, or three of one class? I guess it depends on whether the raid drops are tailored to your class or not. Anyone have any idea?
Imo since the raid armor drops are different for Crota's end, it's better to have one of each.

Once again, thanks DJ and crew for a splendid time on CE. Was a bit odd being the last to go over the bridge, but far more interesting in my opinion. Crota needs to stop running off though before the first sword.

Topped off the CE gear collection tonight with Unyielding Casque and Shroud of Flies, so hopefully the weapon drops are kind to me tomorrow for the new primaries and the Hunger of Crota. Rest of the non-rad haul was another pair of Tireless Striders.

Looking for some advice from my Destiny peeps, regarding Crota raid.

Reading the patch notes I don't see anything about the initial part of the raid. I haven't done any part yet. Should I wake my ass up early and solo the first part before any patch/update shenanigans? Or, should I not worry and wait to do some full runs this weekend?

Reading the patch notes I don't see anything about the initial part of the raid. I haven't done any part yet. Should I wake my ass up early and solo the first part before any patch/update shenanigans? Or, should I not worry and wait to do some full runs this weekend?

If you do it before Hard mode goes live the only thing that will accomplish is getting Normal checkpont. If that is something you want, go ahead otherwise wait for Hard. Double loot drops per section like VoG.

LiK

CE raid is so easy that cheesing any of it requires more effort than normal, imo. Better off learning the normal methods instead.

M3Rocket

Raid armor drops are class specific AFAIK. But Exotic and Legendary armor drops are not class specific.

Frenden

Banned
I got a Crusader scout with Explosive Rounds and Firefly. I'm not sure if I should save up for the Rapier any longer. Pretty close, stats wise. Hmmm.

I'll probably nab it just in case.

CE raid is so easy that cheesing any of it requires more effort than normal, imo. Better off learning the normal methods instead.

Oh believe me, I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds when it comes to these missions/strikes/raids. I got this. It's just that come the weekend so many people have specific checkpoints that I jump into, so doing the easy stuff ahead of time is ideal. It's also a bit of a pain to keep track of character clears for each part, even with the Destiny app, so I like doing the solo stuff with each character and then I don't really need to worry about it.

I'll wait, I'm curious to see if anything changes.

Ozone

I'm sure it's been answered at some point today, but doing normal Crota won't effect getting drops in Hard Mode, right?

Also looking to do Fresh HM VoG tonight. Anyone doing it, or want to start a group?

darthbob

Do you want to start a group? I'd be down to join in on this. PSN : THEFLYINGPIGEON

Sure. Most of my friends on PSN are already running the raid in full fireteams so feel free to send out invites yourself.

I'm sure it's been answered at some point today, but doing normal Crota won't effect getting drops in Hard Mode, right?

Also looking to do Fresh HM VoG tonight. Anyone doing it, or want to start a group?

It's the same as VoG, you do Normal first you get Normal drops, and if you do Hard afterwards you get Hard drops. Doing Hard first will net you both at the same time.

Top Bottom