• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Bogeypop

I'm sure it's been answered at some point today, but doing normal Crota won't effect getting drops in Hard Mode, right?

Also looking to do Fresh HM VoG tonight. Anyone doing it, or want to start a group?

Let's start one. I'm down for a HM VoG. Hopefully I can get a Fatebringer ready for HM Crota.

LiK

Oh believe me, I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds when it comes to these missions/strikes/raids. I got this. It's just that come the weekend so many people have specific checkpoints that I jump into, so doing the easy stuff ahead of time is ideal. It's also a bit of a pain to keep track of character clears for each part, even with the Destiny app, so I like doing the solo stuff with each character and then I don't really need to worry about it.

I'll wait, I'm curious to see if anything changes.

join a fresh raid here and make sure to let the team know you're new. most Gaffers here will show the way. not bad at all. just make sure to be level 30+

Ozone

It's the same as VoG, you do Normal first you get Normal drops, and if you do Hard afterwards you get Hard drops. Doing Hard first will net you both at the same time.
Thanks for clarifying! Wasn't entirely sure how drops worked between the modes.

Namikaze1

Guys, what if we actually succeed in beating Crota's End Hard mode first in the world? Who's going to make the thread over on Gaming side?

jeffc919

So, I ran the nightfall twice tonight. First on my warlock and I got the apotheosis veil. Then on my hunter and I got the....apotheosis veil....again.

Anyone know if this is just really bizarre (bad) luck or are the rewards not true RNG?

While I'm complaining, I've now gotten 3 Dragon Breaths (2 from nightfall) in earlier weeks. Just give me Hawkmoon, dammit!

join a fresh raid here and make sure to let the team know you're new. most Gaffers here will show the way. not bad at all. just make sure to be level 30+

I run the sword, I grab the relic, for 500 hours. I have 3 characters, one of each class, that will be at 32 with some more shards.

My question rephrased: I like soloing stuff, including raids and weeklies and nightfalls! I don't know when I will do the Crota raid this week, do I have to worry about any patches/updates that will hamper my solo quest?

Namikaze1

Watch it end in PG and GAF beating it at the same time only for Bungie to give it to PG just cause they were a nanosecond faster.

go to bed Nami
I can't sleep, fig! I keep trying to fall asleep but I can't!

We gloat on the podcast and then gaming side finds out that we have a destiny podcast and then tell us were stupid for liking this game.
I am already imagining the usual suspects making their posts.

Shout out to the guys I ran HM Atheon with. 5 minutes of work for:

Red Death
Vision of Confluence
Cowl of the Hezen Lords

Really good drops tonight. Super stoked to start upgrading everything. Now I want the full Hezen Lords set!

Palocca

Fresh CE run.

1) darthbob - PSN: darthbob100
2) Palocca - PSN: theFLYINGPIGEON
3) ejthu
4) Sentient - PSN: EroticSushi
5) The_Reckoning
6)

Room for one more!

LiK

I run the sword, I grab the relic, for 500 hours. I have 3 characters, one of each class, that will be at 32 with some more shards.

My question rephrased: I like soloing stuff, including raids and weeklies and nightfalls! I don't know when I will do the Crota raid this week, do I have to worry about any patches/updates that will hamper my solo quest?

i think the only soloable part now is the first section. the bridge is near impossible to solo now.

Ozone

Still need 3!

Fresh HM VoG - Quote and add yourself + ID

1) Ozone - Ozone31
2) Rhadamanthus - drassill
3) RandomGuy - psn dawnoflife
4)
5)
6)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Any groups wants to kill Crota. I'm on the top of the tower wayyyyyyy up on the bridge section. Eneemies are despawned. Just on the other side. Need like four or so to make this easier. I can at least snipe from where I'm at right now.

Magik

Me and squidhands are doing 1 more Nightfall.

Join either of us if anyone wants in.

x_Magik_ox or squidhands PS4

Edit: we are full!

spyder_ur

Thanks all for the 2x Crota runs. Smooth as silk. Got a full set of raid gear for my hunter (helmet and those elusive boots) so I can get him to 32 with some XP. Funny that due to gear drops both my Hunter and Titan hit 30, 31, and 32 quicker than my Warlock who was my first character.

Black Hammer continues to be a PITA to get though.

Thanks all for the 2x Crota runs. Smooth as silk. Got a full set of raid gear for my hunter (helmet and those elusive boots) so I can get him to 32 with some XP. Funny that due to gear drops both my Hunter and Titan hit 30, 31, and 32 quicker than my Warlock who was my first character.

Yeah, good group.

You know how I said I keep getting Hawkmoons? Well, I just got another one lol

Thank you as well, sir! I actually got the BH - some consolation for the GH still alluding me, I guess. Glad you made out well with the armor.

Yeah, good group.

I saw that - that definitely figures lol. Now you have one for all three slots.

spyder_ur

Any groups wants to kill Crota. I'm on the top of the tower wayyyyyyy up on the bridge section. Eneemies are despawned. Just on the other side. Need like four or so to make this easier. I can at least snipe from where I'm at right now.

You really need to start streaming so I can see some of these crazy solo adventures of yours.

Mindlog

Getting my characters sorted for tomorrow. Finished that Nightfall (thanks for the help) with an Arc Plug One. I like them, but I have several. Will probably shard after leveling. I need energies.

The Vault size is so inconvenient. I'm popping telemetries like candy to clear space. Also need to be able to see what weapons every character has in-game without switching.

I have about 200 Heavy Ammo Synths left, but will be taking 8 into hard mode. Shouldn't take more than 40 minutes to complete so no point in taking more.

Here they are!

O9TsxLT.jpg

Warlock with Obsidian Mind, not as good stats
WMQg07W.jpg

Same Warlock with OK helm with more Intellect
yAyBuXU.jpg

Hunter with pure intellect/discipline
QAwfGlW.jpg

Titan with pretty good stats, my flawless guardian
mVZpiie.jpg

spyder_ur

Thank you as well, sir! I actually got the BH - some consolation for the GH still alluding me, I guess. Glad you made out well with the armor.

I saw that - that definitely figures lol. Now you have one for all three slots.

Yeah, good group.

Seemed like alot of exotics dropping. I actually got 3 of them during those two raids. New Plan C, which is welcome, and then yet another Dragon's Breath (3rd or 4th) and another 4th Horseman. Can't complain at all though.

spyder_ur

Getting my characters sorted for tomorrow. Finished that Nightfall (thanks for the help) with an Arc Plug One. I like them, but I have several. Will probably shard after leveling. I need energies.

The Vault size is so inconvenient. I'm popping telemetries like candy to clear space. Also need to be able to see what weapons every character has in-game without switching.

I have about 200 Heavy Ammo Synths left, but will be taking 8 into hard mode. Shouldn't take more than 40 minutes to complete so no point in taking more.

That seems...optimistic.

Jealous of your synth stockpile.

Top Bottom