• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Jinjo

Datto/Primeguard choking hard. What happened to all their prepwork?

Invigorate's got a strat down for Crota, they just need to execute it now.

I have to hand it to them. they got the luxury of a little time to fix the most egregious cheese before the first hard attempts, and along with boxing all the primaries (but not the raid Helm) to Hard mode only, they turned this "release" into an event. people are setting up streams, activity has spiked like crazy and there's gaming side threads and shit. well played.

Except for the annoying fact we lose a months worth of possible primary drops. I have run Crota every week and only have 1 raid weapon. It has been a lot less exciting as VoG in that regard. If I ever do get a few, it will be too late since HoW will be coming.

Jinjo

If there's no chalice I guess you can swap sword runners no? I don't know what other mechanics they've added though

They Saint-14 trap the Gatekeeper. If you have multiple Titans you can probably do that with all the gatekeepers (they are killing him first though then run to Crota). I haven't seen them switch swordrunners yet.

noomi

This is fucking crazy to me, that only about 40 minutes after release people are already at the end boss.... wow...

Don't worry too badly, there have been many times in our raids where I took no damage during Crota. Sometimes we end up wiping later but for the most part if you play it a bit safe you should be fine.
Yeah, but wizards, man. Wizards.

Bubble is going to be clutch for Hard Mode.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Except for the annoying fact we lose a months worth of possible primary drops. I have run Crota every week and only have 1 raid weapon. It has been a lot less exciting as VoG in that regard. If I ever do get a few, it will be too late since HoW will be coming.
*shrug* sorry to hear about your bad luck, but it's kind of immaterial. I didn't bring up my good luck with these raid weapons (and armor, in my case especially compared to VoG) as a positive facet either, just commenting on the aspects that made it a good idea from their perspective. I try to look at stuff like this beyond the individual player experience whenever possible.
IGN didn't kill all Knights after her, they killed themselves. Going for speed run.
I didn't know that gave you the checkpoint right away. huh.

Crota seems kiiinda intense.

They Saint-14 trap the Gatekeeper. If you have multiple Titans you can probably do that with all the gatekeepers (they are killing him first though then run to Crota). I haven't seen them switch swordrunners yet.

We actually did that with the gatekeepers on the bridge part when we were doing our blind run. First time we did it we had several gatekeepers and we were doing that to them lol we didn't know they kept spawning everytime you picked up a sword

Trakan

Changes to hard mode seem pretty lazy to me.

Let's throw more enemies at you, make them a level higher for artificial difficulty via damage reduction, and make them majors on top of that.

*shrug* sorry to hear about your bad luck, but it's kind of immaterial. I didn't bring up my good luck with these raid weapons (and armor, in my case especially compared to VoG) as a positive facet either, just commenting on the aspects that made it a good idea from their perspective. I try to look at stuff like this beyond the individual player experience whenever possible.

It's ok, VoG made up for it last night by dropping Vex finally. Feeling really good now.

I am glad to hear all sections can drop primaries in Crota. Gives me some hope now.

Yeah. Boomers have tons of health.

Changes to hard mode seem pretty lazy to me.

Let's throw more enemies at you, make them a level higher for artificial damage reduction, and make them majors on top of that.

That's their MO though right? I didn't really expect anything different except for some changes at Crota which is what they did with atheon. Added the bubbles

Jinjo

We actually did that with the gatekeepers on the bridge part when we were doing our blind run. First time we did it we had several gatekeepers and we were doing that to them lol we didn't know they kept spawning everytime you picked up a sword

Same here, first time we never knew you could kill them haha.

lLTJohn says you can no longer blink strike Crota to go Invis.

jRTFcO5.gifv

Same here, first time we never knew you could kill them haha.

Yeah I mean we tried killing them but they would just one shot us since we were level 30 so we just said fuck it. My friend was throwing them off the side near the plate with solar grenades lol we just didn't realize they spawned every time you picked up the sword. The saint 14 was very useful

Top Bottom