• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

noomi

Finally home... any hard mode raids assembling? PSN: Rubenov25. Level 32 Warlock/Hunter all kinds of maxed weapons

Hey man, we are getting a group together for around 3:30PM EST (hour and half from now approx)

We just need a 6th, your welcome to come :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's ok, VoG made up for it last night by dropping Vex finally. Feeling really good now.

I am glad to hear all sections can drop primaries in Crota. Gives me some hope now.
Grats on the Vex!

I guess that means there will be a lot of early groups just running through the pit and bridge. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Though not much of anything is altered or extremely difficulty on the way there, Crota seems pretty legit. Nice that groups that might not have the skill/comp/loadout to beat him do still have a chance the primaries.

jaaz

Looking at invigorate's stream. Looks like gatekeepers span in middle, or move to the left, and stay there (don't go up stairs). Dumb question maybe, but why not ignore gatekeepers and just take down swordbearers? Invigorate is killing each one that spawns.

Atkison04

My work computer won't stream anything dangit! I'll have to wait for youtube videos to see what's different. Anyone keeping tabs with what weapons have been dropping at what checkpoints?

noomi

Looks like triple wreck finished hard mode.

yup they are all wearing the glowhoo shader lol, looks.... kind of ugly.

Despite the boomers being major. Just having someone land consecutive crits to stagger should be good enough to keep them down. Overall, just a lot more things to keep track of. Going to have to define roles even more clearly and execute to perfection.

Too bad about Black Hammer hive disruption bug, that would be the perfect weapon for boomer duty. Still solid, but gimped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What are the changes so far?
prior to crota it seems like there are just some majors added throughout (obv. no revives, and level differential)

crota has no chalice, a gatekeeper spawns after each swordbearer, and there are wizards (not sure exactly when they spawn)

Ambitious

Man, these changes seem so lazy and cheap. Was really hoping for some interesting mechanical changes :( But I guess that was wishful thinking.

Since the release of Destiny, when did Bungie ever put any effort into the game? What made you think it would be different this time?

prior to crota it seems like there are just some majors added throughout (obv. no revives, and level differential)

crota has no chalice, a gatekeeper spawns after each swordbearer, and there are wizards (not sure exactly when they spawn)

Can the Gatekeeper be killed with weapons? The bridge section can only be killed by sword.

They seem to replace the knights that jump onto the bridge.

Ourobolus

Banned

Where does the gatekeeper spawn? Do you have to kill him?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can the Gatekeeper be killed with weapons? The bridge section can only be killed by sword.
doubt it. I've only seen ones killed by sword.
They seem to replace the knights that jump onto the bridge.
I've heard that, but I've also heard someone say the melee knights are now majors, which, how could they be if they're replaced?
Where does the gatekeeper spawn? Do you have to kill him?
unclear, though I think they'd start to pile up if you don't kill each...

Ambitious

Remember?

We can definitely scale standard enemy types, and do, but for special encounters the team creates new geometry, shaders and effects, encounter mechanics, sound effects, etc.

What you're seeing in the prologue is one of Crota's forms. We'll have some more info dropping soon, but we'll be pretty tight lipped about the Raid and Raid boss for obvious reasons.

So bloody lazy. Well done bungie

cilonen

Yeah just about, so I guess world first goes to TripleWreck hehe.

Hot damn, 45min and someone already beat crota on hard.... what the hell....

Looking at the stream, there are few new real mechanics. A couple of lucky breaks and lots of gjallarhorns and synth and I can believe it was done in 45 mins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
rumors that the helm can drop from any checkpoint on hard...
Yeah just about, so I guess world first goes to TripleWreck hehe.

Hot damn, 45min and someone already beat crota on hard.... what the hell....
yeah, any idea what they did with regard to any cheese on that attempt?

I think Nami's is the only of the GAF groups to have made it to Crota yet, though there are a couple I don't have the links to
I don't foresee many LFG groups getting through the crota checkpoint. Any raid weapon drops in the phases prior to crota?
Yeah, they do

Top Bottom