• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

BokehKing

Banned
Crux is for that one weapon right? If it fires anything like the legendary version, I see nothing desirable about another assault rifle hose

todd360

I can't believe that Hawkian has stepped down as OT maker. The end of an era.

I don't think thats confirmed yet. I will gladly take the position though if someone has to take his place and doesn't mind it being me. Please don't step down though hawkian.

Deku Tree

Bungie: Lol look at all those fools going for that fools gold. We'll have them hooked just in time for the next DLC. Muhahahaha

This is what I said in December. Nobody is going to get the Crux and the Nechrocasm until just before the HoW drops, and then it's going to be locked at 331 attack or 354 attack or something and Xur will never let you raise it's attack value either...

Number 5 can't be right. There is no way its going to be good. Not even near god tier mythoclast pre Nerf.

But I want to see my enemies explode like cursed thralls!

CLBridges

I'm glad to see some GAF groups are getting Crota down, I might try again by reset or might not. I need to sign on and level my Hunter a bit, won't be 32 but can get her to 31 1/2 lol. Once again, grats to those who have completed and good luck to those still trying.

I don't think thats confirmed yet. I will gladly take the position though if someone has to take his place and doesn't mind it being me. Please don't step down though hawkian.

I don't think anyone wants him to stop being our OT lead.

I understand he wasn't feeling the frustration that was going on here. But he always brings us back down to Earth.

gdt

Congrats to

Cybrwzrd - Hunter
XpLiCiTOnE - Warlock
HidingMyThunder - Hunter
Hibano23 - Titan
EroticSushi - Hunter
rarbusto (myself) - Hunter

For beating Crota on a hail mary chance! Will upload video soon but basically our swordbearer died and Titan shielder had to pick it up during enrage to kill Crota. Took our group a total of 3 1/2 hours over two nights to get it done. Nice work!

I think as a group we got Fang, Word, Hawkmoon, and some raid gear (helmet to complete my hunter set).

Congrats.

E92 M3

Just beat HM Crota and it went great. I got Red Death, Shader, Scout Rifle and freaking more shards. We had a good strategy and it went great. Also, the shader looks beautiful on my hunter!

Hyun Sai

My review on my maxed Abyss Defiant as a big user of auto rifles : Another weapon just good for Nightfalls. My "Up for Anything" with Field scout is much better, and the disorient is unreliable. You can empty a magazine on a wizard and nope, nothing, several times.

In the Vault !

Already got "Another NTIC" with Outlaw and Firefly, so I'm only waiting for a drop of the Hand Cannon to see if it's worth a slot on regular set-up.

Congrats to

Cybrwzrd - Hunter
XpLiCiTOnE - Warlock
HidingMyThunder - Hunter
Hibano23 - Titan
EroticSushi - Hunter

For beating Crota on a hail mary chance! Will upload video soon but basically our swordbearer died and Titan shielder had to pick it up during enrage to kill Crota. Took our group a total of 3 1/2 hours over two nights to get it done. Nice work!

I think as a group we got Fang, Word, Hawkmoon, and some raid gear (helmet to complete my hunter set).

Boom.

Had our first 6 wipes at the 1st/2nd Crota sword, got our roles clearly defined and worked on the kinks, then the very next attempt got to the Ogres for the first time and went all the way. Great job team!

patchday

I will put you on the list as an alt if you don't mind. If in 30 mins we still have found a 6th, I will contact you.

Thank goodness you still had an opening when I got home! Had a great haul- mark of the pit, 10 shards?, 2 energies, and Black Hammer (my most wanted sniper rifle).

Just a few more shards and my Titan will ascend into the L32 glory

todd360

I don't think anyone wants him to stop being our OT lead.

I understand he wasn't feeling the frustration that was going on here. But he always brings us back down to Earth.

He probably just needs to take a short break from the thread. The negativity levels were getting pretty high over crota.

I can't back down from bungies challenges, so it didn't really make me upset lol.

Congrats to

Cybrwzrd - Hunter
XpLiCiTOnE - Warlock
HidingMyThunder - Hunter
Hibano23 - Titan
EroticSushi - Hunter

Good kill guys. That last part got my heart racing like crazy thinking we weren't going to make it.

FewNarrowIrishdraughthorse.gif

Thanks for the excellent Crota run guys. Got my second Crota kill as swordbearer, a Monte Carlo, and a much needed Hunger of Crota. Sounds like it was a pretty fruitful run for the group!

Yes thanks for the run. Pretty painless with a few glitches/errors. Got a few shards,boots for my Titan, and another black hammer which will probably end up shared but I may just leave it with my alt..not quite sure yet. Now I just need to make another run with my hunter sometime this weekend lol

lt519

Ohhh that gif. *swoon*

The crota kill gif lol

We'll have the video perspective from the Titan later tonight, should be epic.

Just watched video from my perspective, that got chaotic. Can't say I did a whole lot besides be another body to DPS and generate light.

After playing around 350 hours, I think my team and myself are going to stop playing Destiny. We enjoyed a lot of that hours, but after the first weeks when we began to discover the almost inexistent story, lore, characters, the enormous lack of content and the excessive grind to do everything, a few friends called it off. Then we keep playing five friends, even we purchased the expansion pass, hoping that TDB (And HOW) would bring more or less new content.

Then TDB came out, and we found that only a few parts of the ¿¡three!? story missions and the two strikes (PS4 here) were new, the rest were reused assets. And the new vendor was another grind. Anyway the core gameplay was fun, so we keep playing, even we leveled a few alts, and we did our VoG 30 and CE weekly runs. But now the grind and repetition is beginning to wear, CE 33 is a joke (and at least in my case was my last chance for Bungie for show something decent in terms of design) and the RNG of this game is terrible, only two of the five of the crew have Gjarhorns, and they have received it at least two times. Same with other weapons and exotics in general.

So what now? I don't know if we will try to get the Platinum, or try a bit CE 33, but at least myself (who usually is the person that organizes the raids and gets everyone together) I'm going to stop playing, or at least no so much. Maybe helping some friends with the Nightfall, if they miss someone for a raid, but nothing more (I'm not going to organize more raids, that for sure, nor keeping leveled the alters). No more doing the same bounties again and again, and grinding like a bitch to level some equipment. Also I love to explore in my games, and I'm bored to tears to go the same places again and again for the 20th time. And also I'm very disappointed with Bungie.

About the last part, is specially a salty wound. Never had a Xbox or X360, but played a lot of the Halo games (SP and MP) in a friends house, and it was pretty good. When Destiny was announced I couldn't stop telling my friends how amazing was Bungie and how Destiny was going to rock (even I got a friend to buy a PS4 for this game). Then we got what we got, and even then I keep my faith in Bungie, and I hope that TDB would bring at least entire new missions and Strikes. And we got a lot of refurbished shit (minus the raid). That was the final straw.

TL;dr I was dissapointed with the game, but it was fun to play and enjoy with the friends (and I had hopes with TDB). Then TDB came out, it was very dissapointing, but I keep playing because of my friends, but the grind has wear me, and CE 33 extremely lazy design has opened my eyes, and I'm going to stop playing the game.
Good to know I was in one of your final fireteams that broke you :x hope you move on to greener pastures (better games)

Top Bottom