• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

Y'all gon' make me lose my mind up in HERE, up in here
Y'all gon' make me go all out up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL up in HERE, up in here
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool up in here, up in here

Daemul

This thread......I'm loving it

popcorn_yes.gif

DNAbro

did crota break you like he broke eris?

BokehKing

Banned
I'm no where near level 32
Well I'm level 31 but still..

See you guys for house of wolves right??

Right?

Destiny |OT16|The day Bungie ruined the best part of NeoGaf

Trace

Banned
Ok wtf happened... I been dealing with personal stuff the last two days, I come back and apparently people are quitting? Wtf?

Someone summarize the sudden mood shift here in 4 sentences or less

Crota isn't dropping Crux. The rewards aren't worth how hard the content is. There is no reason to re-run Crota outside of the Scout rifle and the Handcannon, and neither of them is significantly better than anything in the rest of the game. People are realizing that Bungie is moronic, they spent 7 weeks adding essentially nothing to hard mode except for artificial difficulty and not fixing massive bugs like the heavy ammo bug.

gdt

Crota isn't dropping Crux. The rewards aren't worth how hard the content is. There is no reason to re-run Crota outside of the Scout rifle and the Handcannon, and neither of them is significantly better than anything in the rest of the game. People are realizing that Bungie is moronic, they spent 7 weeks adding essentially nothing to hard mode except for artificial difficulty and not fixing massive bugs like the heavy ammo bug.

I was gonna call you out for using more than 4 sentences but you're good. Just looks big on my phone.

Deku Tree

Crota is really really really hard.

Some feel it's cheap and not worth it and lazy design.

Frustrating as all fuck with the bugs.

Must be lvl 32 Titan with Gjallarhorn and helmet of saint 14.

The "worlds first" 27 minute no wipe team did it with few bubbles, Hunter Invis Samauri, mostly Hunger of Crota (from what I could see didn't see wolfpack rounds), lots of focused fire, black hammer, and staying up top moving right to left and back (didn't even bother to go through the back "safe" hallway.

Same for me, I came back after 6 weeks and everyone helped me out with the new raid and nightfall, this community is the sole reason I'm playing Destiny.

Well, we tried to help through the lag, haha. Glad you felt welcomed back and hope you had a good trip and life while you were away. I would have asked you more about it at the time but of course the NAT issues were running as wild as the lag.

Go focus on something you know for sure you enjoy, that doesn't stress you out.

Wii U to the rescue! :p Bayonetta 2 and Toad Treasure Tracker are first on the backlog agenda...

I sincerely hope you feel appreciated for everything you've done for this community Hawkian.

So can I get a wish to end the politics?
And get back to the Game that started this shit
So here I stand, and then again I say
I'm hopin' we can make some wishes out of spaceships

;p

Man I wish Bungie was more open on what happened with this game. I feel more people would forgive them if they were.

I feel like I say this once a week lol.

It's probably a smaller group of avid fans that are really interested in knowing what exactly went down behind the scenes, but this group is also quite vocal. I agree that is would alleviate a lot of the hostility the game has received.

Abylim

So doing the Thorn bounty, the pvp part, has taught me a few things about Destiny and PvP:
1, people still teabag? Wow lol
2, Killing with my special weapon is actually not too bad, but I realized how seldom I actually use these.
3 I hate rumble. It is literally just shotguns and rocket launchers and campers.

Its almost done though, 4 games in and I'm at 386 void points. So its almost done!

gdt

The "worlds first" 27 minute no wipe team did it with few bubbles, Hunter Invis Samauri, mostly Hunger of Crota (from what I could see didn't see wolfpack rounds), lots of focused fire, black hammer, and staying up top moving right to left and back (didn't even bother to go through the back "safe" hallway.

I'm just kidding haha. It's all that you are hearing in teams right now. It'll go away soon enough and Hunters will be the Crota Kings again.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Crota down ^_^

Used a void walker to generate extra orbs of light at start, shot Crota off centre ledge, for ogres bubble down where Crota stands when he goes left, then stand between bubble and centre ledge to protect from boomers on left and shoot both ogre in middle. Next swordbearer ignore enrage and finish off.. Woohoo... Word of Crota, thunderlord and shader. No crux seen here either

Geneijin

All I want is the thread to not be filled with posts about leaving that's all. That's not good for the OT.

If you think that's ok fine. You have the ability to ignore my posts.

This is all I'm gonna say on this matter anymore.
Well, once they leave, they'll leave. It's not gonna clog up the thread any more than random people posting infrequently.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously after 1 day of cooldown I really thought HM would be an escalation of level 33

What I thought was that most trash even the Abyss and Bridge section were going to be 32 enemies
Meaning before you had the advantage of 1+ level, now you don't

Even thought Deathsinger was gonna stay 32 with all her orgy of Acolytes and Knights getting ready for good ol' fashion hive darkness free for all...

I seriously though the thing that was gonna be 33 was Crota, nothing else
Cause when you are 32 and do Normal mode you see how crazy powerful you are at equal footing
I thought level 33 Crota would be the only enemy where the damage output of 331 would matter
Hell I was thinking to change up the flow of always going right first then middle then left, the horns that are beside him start glowing to let you know which place he's moving too
Randomness of it never being a mechanic you can memorize
Also thought the Vestibule mechanic would play apart in some way, where a wizard downed, would drop a Vesti, and the Gatekeeper death would flip the Vesti from a negative mechanic to a positive mechanic

It makes you heal up rather than steal you health (give it a 30-45 sec timer)
This mean now you weigh the teams health vs pure damage output
Do you go full H.A.M on Crota, or do you got 1 Sword Break rotation and kill GK so your team can heal up (this would also alleviate players from having a certain item/weapon to regain health if RNG has been unkind to them)
(This is just me think of how to shift the encounter to more progressive and random than the same mechanic kept being played until perfected)

There are many things the Hard version could have had to change up the flow
Play Normal to get the basic rotation and win, Hard for randomness + new flow to adjust too

Namikaze1

So can I get a wish to end the politics?
And get back to the Game that started this shit
So here I stand, and then again I say
I'm hopin' we can make some wishes out of spaceships

;p
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's nothin' left
Cause I've been blasting and laughing so long,
That even my mama thinks that my mind is gone

Trace

Banned
Crota down ^_^

Used a void walker to generate extra orbs of light at start, shot Crota off centre ledge, for ogres bubble down where Crota stands when he goes left, then stand between bubble and centre ledge to protect from boomers on left and shoot both ogre in middle. Next swordbearer ignore enrage and finish off.. Woohoo... Word of Crota, thunderlord and shader. No crux seen here either

Crux isn't dropping, no one has it yet. Guess Bungie conveniently "forgot" to put it in the loot table. I got Word of Crota as well and I'm not redoing that section ever again until Crux is dropping, maybe not even then.

I haven't touched destiny for two days...I come check the last page of the thread and I see everyone is a little let down, as was I. Kinda weird that whatever is up with the Crota Heroic raid has made a ton lose interest in a big way. I havent completely lost interest, but I dont feel that same rush/enjoyment fron getting things done. No more bounties and levelling weapons and armor...Im not bashing, I love the game, but for the first time, it really feels, well...empty. Besides the awesome community here, the game feels a little hollow now. IT SUCKS

It makes sense in a way. The raid is challenging ( I know some say it's not, but reasons), but regardless of feelings on the difficulty everyone spent the last 6 weeks gearing up for it and only then to find that the hard mode is little more than Normal but with a artificial damage reduction and more bullet sponge enemies is a letdown. Glitches aside, it is still challenging enough for vets to be overwhelmed and beat their head for many hours causes many to reflect on the last 6 weeks as a complete waste of time and knowing that this is all there is left until House of Wolves comes out is enough to make many consider quitting until then or all together.

Things will settle down, many will come back, but everyone will have a new perspective.

Deku Tree

Crux probably has like a .0000000000000000000000001 chance of dropping.

1) It could be bugged
2) It could be impossible to drop on your first Crota HM kill
3) It could have a higher and higher probability of dropping after more and more Crota HM kills
4) has like a .0000000000000000000000001 chance of dropping
5)???
held back for cheese prevention?

Namikaze1

1) It could be bugged
3) It could have a higher and higher probability of dropping after more and more Crota HM kills
5)???
You need to have Eidolon Ally equipped. :p

1) It could be bugged
5)???
Bungie: Lol look at all those fools going for that fools gold. We'll have them hooked just in time for the next DLC. Muhahahaha

LiK

1) It could be bugged
5)???

i think the percentage is low or it's glitched. i dunno how not a single person here has gotten it.

Apparently Crux of Crota is in the loot table according to DeeJ on a Reddit thread. Wonder if it rolls off smart loot, you only get it once you have all the other weapons. Hahaha. Or you just probably have to beat hard raid like 5 times or something. Since the smart loot system is unique to CE raid, I wouldn't doubt that it uses some aspect of it.

Edit: late to the party

1) It could be bugged
5)???

It could be something like the hidden templar chest in VoG.

I haven't touched destiny for two days...I come check the last page of the thread and I see everyone is a little let down, as was I. Kinda weird that whatever is up with the Crota Heroic raid has made a ton lose interest in a big way. I havent completely lost interest, but I dont feel that same rush/enjoyment fron getting things done. No more bounties and levelling weapons and armor...Im not bashing, I love the game, but for the first time, it really feels, well...empty. Besides the awesome community here, the game feels a little hollow now. IT SUCKS

HeavyAnal Truth

You still playing BF4? Might pick it up if I see it on sale sometime.

Dirtbag

Lol what? VoG hard mode was cheesed to death for like the first two months it was out. Barely anyone did it normal. What precedent are you thinking it had?

Yeah I guess that's fair. I didnt run vault of glass hard mode in the first month at all. Maybe that's just rose-tinting. I do feel like VoG is head and shoulders above Crota though. It's just not nearly as much fun for me, and it seems to be a running comment amongst my group

lt519

Congrats to

Cybrwzrd - Hunter
XpLiCiTOnE - Warlock
HidingMyThunder - Hunter
Hibano23 - Titan
EroticSushi - Hunter
rarbusto (myself) - Hunter

For beating Crota on a hail mary chance! Will upload video soon but basically our swordbearer died and Titan shielder had to pick it up during enrage to kill Crota. Took our group a total of 3 1/2 hours over two nights to get it done. Nice work!

I think as a group we got Fang, Word, Hawkmoon, and some raid gear (helmet to complete my hunter set).

Congrats to

Cybrwzrd - Hunter
XpLiCiTOnE - Warlock
HidingMyThunder - Hunter
Hibano23 - Titan
EroticSushi - Hunter

For beating Crota on a hail mary chance! Will upload video soon but basically our swordbearer died and Titan shielder had to pick it up during enrage to kill Crota. Took our group a total of 3 1/2 hours over two nights to get it done. Nice work!

I think as a group we got Fang, Word, Hawkmoon, and some raid gear (helmet to complete my hunter set).
Good job!
Everyone getting Hawkmoon, but me dammit.

Namikaze1

Congrats to

Cybrwzrd - Hunter
XpLiCiTOnE - Warlock
HidingMyThunder - Hunter
Hibano23 - Titan
EroticSushi - Hunter

CROOOOOTTAAAAA IS FKN DEAD!!!!

TEAM LONELY BONERRR
Congrats! :)

todd360

1) It could be bugged
5)???

Number 5 can't be right. There is no way its going to be good. Not even near god tier mythoclast pre Nerf.

Top Bottom