• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Rixa

Bungie should add Primary Exotic weapong engram.

I would assume that many of us (including me) would burn all the possible coins we have + run Roc like crazy + other thingies that make earning coins possible.. Also they would gather good data at same time about:

How lunatic players @Xursday will be :)

LiK

I read in the guide in the OP that only one exotic piece of armor can be worn at one time.

I'll hopefully be in a position to purchase some exotic armor this weekend and I was wondering what I should consider when choosing my exotic armor piece? For example is a helm better to have than boots, or does it all come down to the upgrade path for each piece?
Whatever has perks that work better for your build. Most people alternate between the armor pieces depending on situation or modes.

noomi

Fellas.... does Iron Banner have a greater chance to drop exotic weapons than just regular crucible? I'll do anything to greater my chances at a hawkmoon drop lol.

Jinjo

Hmm that would be interesting. I'll throw up a post if I ever actually see a damn weapon drop, ha. I'm only really playing for the 36 light ass mat gloves and Timur's, but that sniper would be nice. Don't give a fuck about the low-impact-high-ROF/Mag size AR. (edit: well, really just playing because it's usually fun)

Pretty sure you have to be rank 3 for the weapons to drop on you.

KeRaSh

Warlock exotics sucks because they cheat death. Balance in the Force I guess.

Unless I want to be 32 (Exotic helmet and crappy raid gear), I usually use the new exotic gauntlet, double melee is life saver.

I also like the Claws gloves. Two grenades and two melees is really cool.
I'm also a fan of the Sunbreakers. It just feels weird when the solar grenade vanishes after a few seconds... I'm not a huge fan of the HoPF or Starfire Protocol, although they look awesome. SP is currently on my third Warlock because he hasn't unlocked Gift of the Sun, yet so it works out. HoPF is sitting in my vault...

The new exotics from House of Wolves sound great, though. The helmet that disorients enemies when reviving and the chest armor that lets enemies explode when you kill them with a melee attack. I always wanted to have the explosion perk and the shield perk at the same time!
The Voidwalker gloves are promising, too since they add a shield to your melee like the Sunsinger perk. Makes the class a little tankier which could even persuade me to play a little Voidwalker when I'm not raiding or doing Nightfalls.

ethomaz

Banned
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mosty/rank_from_05_in_iron_banner_a_look_at_some_numbers/

Somebody on reddit did the maths. Its not too hard I think, even if you lose often. Get the buff every day and use shader and the nameplate.

Last time I did it In 2 days on 2 guys. It was a grind though. 6 hours days. I was limping to the finish line. I also suck at pvp
Seems like I will need close to 100 games.

I can do that until next week reset ;)

RNGesus can give me some Exotics too please.

Thanks guys.

ocean

Banned
Thanks a ton for the IB guys! I don't play at your level but I had a great time with you all. Look forward to play with you again, some day I might even afford the Rapier :p

First of all is the resetting of iron banner stats meant to happen? i went to play it saw i was at zero and just said fuck it and played First Light instead.
Glitch or correct? cause if correct i doubt i will touch iron banner again,.

second of all is that right that the iron banners gear is not "raid" equivalent or did i just see it wrong?

Third, have they said if strange coins will die as a currency at some point? like wow does with new expansions you get different credits.
Would be nice to know if i should continue collecting them or not.

First of all is the resetting of iron banner stats meant to happen? i went to play it saw i was at zero and just said fuck it and played First Light instead.
Glitch or correct? cause if correct i doubt i will touch iron banner again,.

second of all is that right that the iron banners gear is not "raid" equivalent or did i just see it wrong?

Third, have they said if strange coins will die as a currency at some point? like wow does with new expansions you get different credits.
Would be nice to know if i should continue collecting them or not.

The reset is correct, working as intended.

Chestpiece is level 33 light, so the same as the vanguard ones, gauntlets are 36, those are raid equivalent.

Dunno about the strange coins, for now those are needed for exotic shards.

Thanks a ton for the IB guys! I don't play at your level but I had a great time with you all. Look forward to play with you again, some day I might even afford the Raper :p

Y0tXTtH.gif

GG to all the Gaffers, very fun IB matches!

Pretty sure you have to be rank 3 for the weapons to drop on you.

Let's hope so considering I just hit rank 3 a couple matches ago which would also explain why no one is getting weapons since few if any of the people I've been playing with were rank 3 by now. That would actually give me a lot of hope, ha.

Thanks a ton for the IB guys! I don't play at your level but I had a great time with you all. Look forward to play with you again, some day I might even afford the Raper :p

Thanks for playing! You were doing well and picking up the strats. Also, lol at that typo. o_O

RNGesus is a hater. Two nightfalls back to back, two Another NitC's. That's 5 nightfalls in a row where I haven't even bagged a coin.

Time to refocus my priorities on raids, I guess.

Edit: Or just run IB. Maybe that.

GG to all the Gaffers, very fun IB matches!

Let's hope so considering I just hit rank 3 a couple matches ago which would also explain why no one is getting weapons since few if any of the people I've been playing with were rank 3 by now. That would actually give me a lot of hope, ha.

Thanks for playing! You were doing well and picking up the strats. Also, lol at that typo. o_O

IB still going on? If you have any spaces I'll join up in about 20-30 mins

I am definitely in need of a group for iron banner x__x. The lack of communication is making this rough lol

I honestly can't stomach playing team games without a proper team. Rumble all the way

E92 M3

I'm going to listen to the Mythocast at work today. Have 2 important meetings and need to prep my brain with a lovely podcast in the background.

ocean

Banned
I'm going to listen to the Mythocast at work today. Have 2 important meetings and need to prep my brain with a lovely podcast in the background.
Oh snap I didn't know the second ep was available! Perfection.

One of the guy's voices reminds me of Gilfoyle from HBO's Silicon Valley.

IB still going on? If you have any spaces I'll join up in about 20-30 mins

I honestly can't stomach playing team games without a proper team. Rumble all the way

I had to take off for a while to do life stuff and it looks like the group broke up but from other posts here it sounds like you can get another team going soon. I probably won't be back on for a while but definitely will be at some point today. Really want to test this theory about IB weapons starting to drop once you hit rank 3....

bosseye

Ugh, why does the Nightfall have to kick you back to orbit when you fail? Why can't it just restart you from the beginning? I don't mind having to start again but being forced to load into orbit just to then load back into where you were to have another go is a total arse.

Having trouble with this Nightfall for some reason. Can't get past the first 'waves of enemies' room whilst dinklebot does his thing. Need a better strategy I think.

LiK

Ugh, why does the Nightfall have to kick you back to orbit when you fail? Why can't it just restart you from the beginning? I don't mind having to start again but being forced to load into orbit just to then load back into where you were to have another go is a total arse.

Having trouble with this Nightfall for some reason. Can't get past the first 'waves of enemies' room whilst dinklebot does his thing. Need a better strategy I think.

It's dumb game design. Make you suffer loading times as a punishment.

TP-DK

Has anyone here actually seen an Iron Banner weapon (sniper or AR) drop during a match? I just hit IB rank 3 and haven't seen a single weapon drop for any of the 12 people in each match. I mean wtf.

The sniper dropped for one of my teammates a few matches ago. So they still happen. But I actually see more exotic drops than IB weapon drops.

The sniper dropped for one of my teammates a few matches ago. So they still happen. But I actually see more exotic drops than IB weapon drops.

What IB rank was he at the time? That kinda bums me out assuming he wasn't 3+....

You must have better luck than us. Played a lot of matches and saw 0 exotic or IB weapon drops for either team, only maybe 2-3 crappy ships total. Oh well.

Top Bottom